Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: When(not if) someone here wins an Anti-Monitor...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:24 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

You heard me right! I call it now.

Someone here on AFI will win one of Mattel's SDCC ginormous Anti-Monitors! And when you do, here are the rules you must follow:

Anti-Monitor Rule #1: You will make every effort to make sure that the Anti-Monitor leaves with you from the convention floor. Unless Mattel wants to ship it directly to you at home, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Run like Charlie Bucket with his newly found Golden Ticket and make for the nearest secure exit. Trust no one.

Anti-Monitor Rule #2: Do not allow yourself to be followed. You've just won one of a handful of ultra cool, impossible to buy works of action figure art, compliments of Mattel. Never underestimate the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is the SDCC. The entire convention floor is now chock full of potential enemies. Cloak and dagger time.

Anti-Monitor Rule #3: Once back home and you're safe and secure, you will notify all of us here at AFI about your prize. You will be both humble and gracious in your victory. But in the privacy of your own home, you can yell at the top of your lungs, "Eat it, world!". You may then put on Queen's 'We Are the Champions' and shout it out loud!

Anti-Monitor Rule #4: After your victory celebration, you will then proceed to take tons of well lit and comprehensive pictures of the Anti-Monitor to show him off here. Better still, post a video clip of his lights/sounds/elecronic features in action. The Anti-Monitor demands it.

Anti-Monitor Rule #5: Do not taunt Happy Fun Anti-Monitor.

Congratulations in advance, lucky winner!

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:35 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

I guarantee that at least one Anti-Monitor will go to someone who doesn't give a crap about it and it goes on eBay.

When it sells for close to $5,000 you will see the other four in quick succession, with each one selling for more than the last.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:25 am 
Cold-cast

Great Advice!

Learn from other experiences...

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2009/jan/13/business/chi-tue-problem-hockey-0113-jan13

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:29 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

There's a guy on Fwoosh (don't know if he's on here too), who has 6525 points. He's going to get his points in on the first day, so he'll have 5 chances to win. I think he wins at least one. That first day he might have more than have the tickets in the drawing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:39 am 
Infinite Hero

I'm of two minds, honestly.

I'm one of the bigger DCIH fans around, and think the gigantor Anti-Monitor is WAY cool. However, should I win one I don't know what I would do.

He's really cool, but I'd honestly would rather have a 12 in Anti-Monitor to go with DCIH.

We're remodeling our farmhouse and our money is dwindling fast. Another couple grand would be a big help....so I admit eBay is really tempting...

I'll put my points in and see what happens (and be happy with the 3-3/4 Anti-Monitor figure)

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:01 am 
Santos L. Halper

How is it possible for anyone to have 6,000 points? Good Lord! I might have been able to believe 600 points but even that would be a stretch...

And aren't we assuming your ticket is only good on the day you enter? I would assume they empty out the raffle tickets every day...otherwise people on the first day have quite an unfair advantage.

I still think there are going to be TONS of people who are going to throw a hissy when they realize they only get one free Anti Monitor regardless of how many points they have over 50....mark my words, more than a few people will have meltdowns. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:09 am 

Ghost6 wrote:
How is it possible for anyone to have 6,000 points? Good Lord! I might have been able to believe 600 points but even that would be a stretch...

Believe it. He's been buying the points from other Fwooshers and off ebay, and he's updated the point total every now and then.

Ghost6 wrote:
And aren't we assuming your ticket is only good on the day you enter? I would assume they empty out the raffle tickets every day...otherwise people on the first day have quite an unfair advantage

Matty has specifically said that tickets stay in the pool throughout. I think it would totally suck if they didn't do it that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:28 am 
Former King of Posts

Jeff Cope wrote:
Anti-Monitor ... He's really cool, but I'd honestly would rather have a 12 in Anti-Monitor to go with DCIH.

Jeff, My bet is you already have a 6" Anti Monitor if you think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:54 am 
Santos L. Halper

Wow...I know this makes me petty, but it would be delightful if he didn't win!

And not to disagree for the sake of disagreeing, but I think it's unfair NOT to empty out the raffle every day...What if you are only there on Sunday and there are 5000 tickets versus 3000 tickets on Thursday? It certainly benefits everyone who is there on Thursday but kind of screws people over that come only on Saturday or Sunday...and please know, I could TRULY care less, but this seems more fair to me. When you buy a Lottery ticket it's only good for the day of the drawing it's not good for both drawings during the week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:05 am 
Infinite Hero

superfriend wrote:
Jeff, My bet is you already have a 6" Anti Monitor if you think about it.

Well, yeah, but I said I'd rather have a 12" Anti-Monitor...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:34 am 
Fugitive Dust

Ghost6 wrote:

And not to disagree for the sake of disagreeing, but I think it's unfair NOT to empty out the raffle every day...What if you are only there on Sunday and there are 5000 tickets versus 3000 tickets on Thursday? It certainly benefits everyone who is there on Thursday but kind of screws people over that come only on Saturday or Sunday...and please know, I could TRULY care less, but this seems more fair to me. When you buy a Lottery ticket it's only good for the day of the drawing it's not good for both drawings during the week.

It makes you sound very petty. Also...you truly COULDN'T care less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:36 am 

Ghost6 wrote:

(just for the sake of discussion)

Petty is one word for it. :) I'm not friends with the guy, I don't know him at all, but I'm rooting for him. I don't really understand having a hater mentality for a complete stranger for no reason other than taking "delight" in his/her disappointment.

As far as the fairness thing goes, I think it would be unfair (and less fun) for all the people who are there for the whole con (or multiple days) to only use the tickets for one day. Those people will get to check the numbers each day to see if they win, and that makes each drawing fun for them. It builds a little more excitement around the contest overall too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:39 am 
shirtless hugger

marillion wrote:
I guarantee that at least one Anti-Monitor will go to someone who doesn't give a crap about it and it goes on eBay.

When it sells for close to $5,000 you will see the other four in quick succession, with each one selling for more than the last.

Peace,

Chip

Bingo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:47 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

xrmc20 wrote:
Ghost6 wrote:
I'm not friends with the guy, I don't know him at all, but I'm rooting for him. I don't really understand having a hater mentality for a complete stranger for no reason other than taking "delight" in his/her disappointment.

I'm hoping he wins, too...AFTER I've won mine, of course!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:52 am 
Fugitive Dust

FlaBat wrote:
marillion wrote:

Peace,

Chip

Bingo

Ok...is this bad? Once you have won it...isn't it yours to do whatever you'd like with it?