Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 72  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:11 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

That Grodd may be the first Bat:B&B figure I buy ...

...and then go nuts looking for everything else I missed in the meantime. :x

:P

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:30 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Yeah, I think that Grodd is pretty awesome. The bent wrist thing doesn't really bug me.

I was tempted to order some from that site, but I'm just gonna wait and assume the rest of these will be as easy to find as everything out so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:00 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Thanks for the pics, Bryan! Good stuff...

My B&B viewing have been limited to YouTube so I still haven't seen everything and I haven't gotten that good of a look at the Batmobile yet so I'm not sure how "show accurate" the car-mode is... Looks like a cross between the 40s comic, the 60s Barris and the 89/92 Burton films to me. I'm a bit disappointed that it's not a two-seater and that the plane-mode's wingspan isn't wider, I guess I didn't look at that box art closely enough... Even so, the thing is much larger than I expected -- considering... Grodd is very nice, I was worried that he'd have the open areas in his arms and legs the way that the alien does. Those connected dots on his helmet makes me think of Brainiac, lol... The armored Batman body would make for a good Rocket Red, dontcha think?...

Seeing Grodd just re-enforces my want of the alternate universe versions of EVERYONE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:11 am 
serves the Otter

I had a dream about BTAB figures. Except in my dream they were really cool figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:47 pm 
4" scale

That transforming Batmobile looks cool. I just wish the transformed areas were black instead of red.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:52 am 
serves the Otter

xrmc20 wrote:
Maniac Joker wrote:
I had a dream about BTAB figures. Except in my dream they were really cool figures.

Do you like SHS figs? These are in blockier style, but if you like SHS it seems pretty natural to like these minis.

I share what I think your sentiments are about the strategy with the BBB line overall though.

I wrote a long post awhile ago about how easy it would have been for them to just fold the JLU line into the new BBB packaging. It would have been a money saver for Mattel, it would have put some new life into the JLU style figs with a show behind it, and they still could have ramped up some of the play value things they wanted to do. The 5" BBB stuff just seems unnecessary and redundant (I just don't believe moms, kids, or collectors would have ever said "these BBB figs don't accurately reflect the nuanced differences in animation style between JLU and BBB"--no one would have cared and the JLU fans would have been excited about the potential for the current show to ramp up the JLU style.)

That said, I think these minis look pretty cool.

Actually I was referring to the 5 inch. In my dream (Which I have no idea why I was dreaming of BTAB figures to begin with) they had a ton of really cool characters like Darkseid and Despero as deluxe figures but in the BTAB style.

I don't collect SHS figures, although I do think they look cool at times. I think the mini Batman figures look great, but not my thing.

I just think the 5 inch figures looks really good, but I refuse to buy anymore of them because of the silly holes. If they removed the holes I could see this as a modern animated DC line in the same idea as JLU but more amped up for kids and collectors.

But it was a dream, :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:28 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Like so many others, I tried in vain not to collect this line, but a 25% off sale on BBATB at Toys R Us in Canada finally swayed me. The Batcycle w/ side car is uber cool, so I'm hoping they come out w/ a classic Robin so I can stick him in the side car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:40 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I found the Grodd 2-Pack today at TRU-

Target also had the new Transforming batmobile, but I've gone to town the last few days spending so at $40 I decided to hold off for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:45 am 
An Insider

Picked up the transforming Batmobile at Target and I can't recommend it enough! It is by far my favorite Batmobile for any of the toy lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:51 am 

I've looking at the Batman that comes with Grodd and imagining him with a Manhunter Robot paint job and head. It wouldn't be all that close, but it might look cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:24 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
Picked up the transforming Batmobile at Target and I can't recommend it enough! It is by far my favorite Batmobile for any of the toy lines.

Saw this too in two nearby Targets but the $39.99 price tag made me hold for a while... Will surely get this next paycheck... But I got the 2-pack with Grodd. Couldn't be more happier...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:08 pm 
Factory Worker

found Grodd on friday night. He is so awesome that he is my first BB&B figure. The reason i bought it is because it can fit in very comfortably with The Batman figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:17 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I have all my "The Batman" and Batman BatB mixed together on a shelf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:54 pm 
Former King of Posts

Really hoping Plastic Man and Green Arrow show up soon. Their deluxe versions keep appearing on the back of other products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:29 am 

Today in Phoenix, AZ, I saw the following Batman: Brave and the Bold 5 inch singles:

Green Arrow: Walmart & multiple Targets
Plastic Man: Walmart
Joker: multiple Targets

Good luck!

If Mattel said they were canceling the 5" line, and just focusing on the Action League for BBB, I wouldn't care at all. That said, the Joker and Plastic Man are probably my two favorite figs in the 5" line. I still think this line never should have existed, and they could have used the show to re-brand the JLU line, but I do think that what they did with Plastic Man makes him kinda cool (neck extender!) in a way that the JLU line does not or could not (unfortunately he's the only figure in the 5 inch line that that applies to so far).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 72  Next