Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 72  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:01 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Found everything at Target yesterday (minus a Joker) and I noticed that Battle-Axe Batman comes with two different axes in two different color schemes. Not sure if one was just mispackaged or if this is a true variant but I thought I would give everyone a heads up. The store had 2x of the Red/Black axe and one with a slimmer more "fireman" type yellow axe.

The new minis 2pcaks were out as well and I have updated the collection with Rex Mason (still not calling him Metamorpho), Green Arrow and Sportsmaster, Ocean Master, and B'wana Beast (as well as the 3 new Bat variants :roll: )

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:04 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I saw that too with Battle Axe Batman. The one with the yellow axe also had a different costume as he had some sort of blue chest armor molded on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:04 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I got the Batman/Despero 2-pack yesterday. Pics later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:08 pm 
Variant Head

No new two packs but have seen Plastic man, Green Arrow and 1 Joker single non deluxe.My Joker's wrists are not painted white. Is that normal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:18 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I need that Joker!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:09 pm 
Unbreakable

xrmc20 wrote:
I got the Batman/Despero 2-pack yesterday. Pics later.

Whoa... where did you find this set at?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:29 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I found a Batman/Despero 2 pack at a Walmart in Phoenix, AZ, this weekend (in Gilbert actually, but it all runs together for me). The Batman that comes with Despero was actually nice since it wasn't a wacky repaint for repaints sake version. It's a nice dark blue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:02 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

They both look very nice. Now I need Joker and the 2-pack to be caught up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:44 am 
Former King of Posts

There are now a number of Plastic Man, Green Arrow, Joker, and at least 1 Deluxe Plastic Man on eBay. But no Deluxe Green Arrow yet. I would have thought the Deluxe Green Arrow would ship with with the Deluxe Plastic Man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:01 pm 
Unbreakable

superfriend wrote:
There are now a number of Plastic Man, Green Arrow, Joker, and at least 1 Deluxe Plastic Man on eBay. But no Deluxe Green Arrow yet. I would have thought the Deluxe Green Arrow would ship with with the Deluxe Plastic Man.

I saw a brand new case of deluxe figures go up on the pegs this past Friday at my Target and Green Arrow was not a part of that particular assortment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:06 am 
active in the community

I picked up the basic Green Arrow, Joker and Plastic Man at Wal-Mart (Southern Indiana) an hour or so ago, so they are popping up at more WMs. They had a couple of Batman's including one with a green outfit, although I can't remember what it was called and don't have the figures in the office.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:45 pm 
shirtless hugger

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Found everything at Target yesterday (minus a Joker) and I noticed that Battle-Axe Batman comes with two different axes in two different color schemes. Not sure if one was just mispackaged or if this is a true variant but I thought I would give everyone a heads up. The store had 2x of the Red/Black axe and one with a slimmer more "fireman" type yellow axe.

The new minis 2pcaks were out as well and I have updated the collection with Rex Mason (still not calling him Metamorpho), Green Arrow and Sportsmaster, Ocean Master, and B'wana Beast (as well as the 3 new Bat variants :roll: )

The two Battle Axe Batman are different figures. They have different SKU numbers and different package art. Battle Axe Batman, SKU P7879 is standard B: BatB figure and comes with a black bat shaped axe with red trim. Battle Axe Batman, SKU P4519 is a new sculpt (as far as I can tell) with a molded on chest armor with neck collar and new utility belt. It comes with an all yellow pick axe. For some reason the boots are not painted blue, but the gloves are.

Clearly they were meant to be two different figures, but why do they have the same name? My guess it was mistake and a different figure was renamed Battle Axe Batman by accident.

Arrow Blast Green Arrow, Blade Force Plastic Man, Exo-Claw BATMAN and Villain Snare BATMAN are the only ones I have not seen. I guess Arrow Blast Green Arrow, Blade Force Plastic Man are the deluxe versions as Crossbow Green Arrow and Capture Hand Plastic Man are in the basic assortment out now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:55 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Yesterday I picked up another Batman B&tB Green Arrow and the other Battle Axe Batman in the assortment.

Battle Axe Batman Ver. 2 -

Today I found the Blade Force Plastic Man, Exo-Claw Batman and Villain Snare Batman at Target. I picked up the 2 Batman figures and left the deluxe Plastic Man.

Exo-Claw Batman (Deluxe) - Some poor QC as you can see by the purple paint smear on his foot.

Villian Snare Batman (Deluxe) -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:20 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

^^^ nice!!!
Thanks for the pictures PJ.
Keep em coming. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:57 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Since I collected this line I was only bent on getting a figure of each character. Now all these colorful Batmen and their doohickeys are out, they're making me reconsider...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 72  Next