Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:38 pm 
Factory Worker

Is anyone tired of the heroes options? i would rather not have any more heroes in the line but instead have more villains and female characters. most kids cant tell the difference b/w some heroes and villains. i just feel we have waaay too many heroes in this line, they outnumber everyone else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:48 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

Considering Firefly has been on pretty much every TNBA wishlist for the past 10 years I am shocked he only got 3 votes. My preferences lean more towards the obscure when it comes to villains so other than Kalibak and Captain Cold my list would really start at about Deathstroke and work it's way down.

vc9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:35 pm 
shirtless hugger

I was going to look at a top 10 (based just on compiling the "top 5" votes), but there was such a gap I went ahead and kept the Top 13.

64 - Kalibak
63 - Killer Frost
61 - Toyman (JLU)
60 - STRIPE
58 - Vandal Savage
53 - Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
53 - Captain Cold
52 - Gypsy
44 - Granny Goodness
42 - Livewire
40 - Crimson Avenger
35 - Speedy
35 - Circe

Is this what everybody expected? I'm not surprised by Kalibak & Vandal, but Killer Frost and Captain Cold kinda surprise me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:43 pm 
Aspires to be #1

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
I was going to look at a top 10 (based just on compiling the "top 5" votes), but there was such a gap I went ahead and kept the Top 13.

64 - Kalibak
63 - Killer Frost
61 - Toyman (JLU)
60 - STRIPE
58 - Vandal Savage
53 - Captain Cold
52 - Gypsy
44 - Granny Goodness
42 - Livewire
40 - Crimson Avenger
35 - Speedy
35 - Circe

Is this what everybody expected? I'm not surprised by Kalibak & Vandal, but Killer Frost and Captain Cold kinda surprise me.

Circe surprises me more than anyone. Captain Cold I can understand because we have almost no Flash rogues and he just had a DCUC figure that was cool (get it haha). I was also a little surprised to see Speedy get ahead of Nightwing and Robin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:57 pm 
Factory Worker

love the top 13 but i'm surprised that lobo did not make that list nor did adult super girl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm 
shirtless hugger

oops. Adult Supergirl did. She would have been a notch higher than Circe and Speedy, I just omitted her here because she's disqualified. :P

I'm really curious to see how much the real 'top 10' deviates from the compiled top 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:12 pm 
Aspires to be #1

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
oops. Adult Supergirl did. She would have been a notch higher than Circe and Speedy, I just omitted her here because she's disqualified. :P

I'm really curious to see how much the real 'top 10' deviates from the compiled top 10.

If other peoples top 10 was anything like mine then the females will take a hit in the vote totals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:34 pm 
shirtless hugger

j1h15233 wrote:
If other peoples top 10 was anything like mine then the females will take a hit in the vote totals.

Mine too. Only one of the ladies made my top 10 list. But my ladies choices were the only ones that got high votes on the compiled sections. Killer Frost was my only choic in the "top 13"

But, if I was "God o' the line" I'd have it focusing on semi-obscure DC characters and not the "missing" ones from the show. Of my villain choices, the General was the only one that got 3 votes. Zauriel, my highest hero choice, got 8 votes total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:38 am 
Loose, Missing Package

NoisyDvL5 wrote:

Killer Frost doesn't surprise me at all. We begged for Cheeta for years to finish off Lex's Injustice Gang, Killer Frost (and Clayface, but we *do* have the Kenner/Hasbro version) is needed in the same way to finish off Grodd's original Secret Society (and she had quite a few appearances after that). Captain Cold surprises me a bit as I would've thought that Captain Boomerang with his Task Force X appearance would've put him higher... STRIPE, Crimson Avenger and Speedy would finish off the Seven Soldiers and Gypsy would finish off the female heroes in the League and the JL Detroit roster from the show. I think the only *real* surprise in that version of the list is that Ted Kord is the only non-show character (and that's the entire Timm-verse I'm talking) to make the cut...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:46 am 
Kool Moe Dee

If we are going to get a Speedy in this line I would prefer the Silver Age version over the show version.

vc9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:52 am 
Factory Worker

I'm a huge Captain Cold fan. I'm glad he made it that high!
No surprise for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:53 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Killer Frost didn't surprise me either. She played such a big part in the last season, and especially in the final episode. I am surprised that Lobo didn't score higher - maybe a lot of people are assuming we'll be getting him at some point.

For Blue Beetle it's surprising he scored as high as he did, but not that he is popular. He had an appearance in the comics, and has a great costume. And many of us are probably wanting him to go with our Booster Gold. :D

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:54 am 
Kool Moe Dee

plus of all the Flash villains Captain Cold has one of the best looking costumes.

vc9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:11 am 
5" Scale

Thanks for tabulating all the results!!

For me personally, I voted for Captain Cold because a.) I'd like all of the classic Legion of Doom in the line, and b.) I'd like more Flash Rogues. I don't know if that's the case for others who voted for him, but that's my logic, at any rate.

The rest of the list doesn't surprise me (well, maybe Circe), and I'm glad to see Blue Beetle ranking as high as he does - he's the only non-show character I'm really desperate to see made in the line!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:30 am 
Former King of Posts

NoisyDvL5 wrote:

64 - Kalibak
63 - Killer Frost
61 - Toyman (JLU)
60 - STRIPE
58 - Vandal Savage
53 - Captain Cold
52 - Gypsy
44 - Granny Goodness
42 - Livewire
40 - Crimson Avenger
35 - Speedy
35 - Circe

The tricky thing with this is that it kind of blurs the actual results. Do we really want Kalibak more than Stripe? That is why the other question exists. As one poster pointed out above, they don't need any more heroes at all (not likely to happen in a hero based line). The "top 10 overall" allows voters - and the group - to express the direction they realy want the line to go in. If we get 10 villains before any heroes that says something. Its also the reason why the females were merged. There were not enough female heroes on the show left to be made that anyone cared about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next