Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:33 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

53 Kalibak
46 Toyman
45 Stripe
44 Killer Frost
42 Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
42 Captain Cold
39 Vandal Savage
33 Gypsy
32 Granny Goodness
29 Supergirl (Adult)
28 Livewire
24 Crimson Avenger
21 Speedy
19 Clayface
19 Lobo
19 Mongul
19 Nightwing
18 Mr. Terrific
15 Captain Boomerang
15 Dr. Midnight
15 Parademon
15 Robin (Dick Grayson)
13 Circe
13 Dessad
13 Flash (Jay Garrick)
12 Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
11 Poison Ivy
10 Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)
10 Trickster
9 Animal Man
9 Johnny Thunder / Thunderbolt
9 Metallo
9 Wonder Girl (Donna Troy)
8 Aquaman (Classic)
8 Catman
8 Catwoman
8 Felix Faust
8 Firestorm
8 Heatwave
8 Hourman
8 Lois Lane
8 Starfire
7 Deathstroke
7 Jonah Hex
7 Riddler
6 Dr. Destiny
6 Guy Gardner
6 Metron
6 Power Girl (Classic)
6 Raven
6 Spectre
6 The Grey Ghost

I did lump all the Catwoman and Riddler variations into one vote each so they may not actually have received 6 votes.

I agree the adjusted results are inaccurate based on the instructions. Of the 126 voters: 2 did not complete the Overall List, 1 specifically stated they were not in order unless numbered (which the #1 was), and 49 people numbered them 1-10. I should have just included those that numbered them, and even then one can't be sure they were intended to be in order or just keeping track of how many they listed. Welcome to the wonderful world of data manipulation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:09 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Quote:
Welcome to the wonderful world of data manipulation.

That is the absolute WORST thing I remember doing for my Teacher Learner Research class. Everything had to be checked, double-checked, counted, tabulated, verified, specified, quantified, etc. until you were absolutely sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that the data was presented correctly and beyond questioning. I loved the research end though so now I know to work as part of a team and leave the tabulation and write up to others.

Yet another reason why the poll, results, and efforts made by all of you is so very, very impressive.

Thanks again

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:49 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

But there's still a problem if you're "ordering" them based on the numbers. I can't speak for anyone else, but I numbered them. And I had NO intention of my numbers being my preferred want list. I doubt that many of the others did either.

I strongly suggest that no "weighting" system be used. Put them in order from most votes to least votes, period. Because otherwise it is very arbitrary.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:56 am 
Kool Moe Dee

Mine were numbered but weren't actually in any specific order, next time we do one of these I'll make sure there are no numbers to a) make it easier for you guys to tabulate and b) not skew any results that may come out of it.

vc9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:02 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Any way you slice it though the top 10 overall still seems to be fairly consistant.

I would be happy getting the top 10 characters off any version of the list put forth so far.

But for fairness' sake, I have to concur that since numbering in specific want order wasn't a requirement for the initial voting it shouldn't be a consideration for the tabulation either.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:37 am 
Former King of Posts

Thanks again for all the work done by the tabulators. I've now copied that data to the first post for easy access.

Wow. I think the most remarkable thing is how well Blue Beetle, Ted Kord, did on this list. BB TK is the ONLY non show character to score anywhere near that high in the poll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:18 pm 
Prototype

superfriend wrote:
Thanks again for all the work done by the tabulators. I've now copied that data to the first post for easy access.

Wow. I think the most remarkable thing is how well Blue Beetle, Ted Kord, did on this list. BB TK is the ONLY non show character to score anywhere near that high in the poll.

Yeah, I think he is the one heroe that was really missed on the JLU show and it really sticks out that he wasn't there. It would have been great to have an episode with him and Booster Gold together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:31 pm 
Aspires to be #1

riddler2403 wrote:
superfriend wrote:

Yeah, I think he is the one heroe that was really missed on the JLU show and it really sticks out that he wasn't there. It would have been great to have an episode with him and Booster Gold together.

Yes it would have and I probably would not have voted for him if the DCUC figure hadn't been on my shelf. That one is really impressive and made me want a JLU version even more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:43 am 
Former King of Posts

riddler2403 wrote:
superfriend wrote:

In my mind, there are 3 who are glaring omissions on the JLU show.
Blue Beetle
Firestorm
Plastic Man

Plas is coming. Firestorm has been hinted at. Hopefully the results of this poll will lead to us getting all 3 of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:57 am 

superfriend wrote:
Blue Beetle
Firestorm
Plastic Man

Plas is coming. Firestorm has been hinted at. Hopefully the results of this poll will lead to us getting all 3 of them.

Only exception I'd make to that were the REAL Justice Society. Really should have used them in some fashion, especially after the tease with the copycat Justice Guild. But Blue Beetle and Booster Gold should have been teamed up in at least one episode. Just like you, I'm hoping we'll get him sooner rather than later.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:53 pm 
Prototype

superfriend wrote:
riddler2403 wrote:
superfriend wrote:

Blue Beetle
Firestorm
Plastic Man

I agree about Plastic Man and Firestorm. Didn't mention them because, like you said, figures of them are coming. Can't wait for them either. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:36 pm 
Former King of Posts

I've now put the main results into a new blog with pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:58 pm 
Aspires to be #1

superfriend wrote:
I've now put the main results into a new blog with pictures.

Nice work on that. Thanks for all the hard work everyone! It was really great to be a part of the poll this time around...even if some of my characters didn't do as well as I'd like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:12 pm 

Thanks for all the work on the blog Superfriend. I thought it was very well done, and I hope to see several of the ones on the list at SDCC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:47 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Schwondalia wrote:
42 Captain Cold
29 Supergirl (Adult)
18 Mr. Terrific
15 Captain Boomerang
9 Metallo
8 Aquaman (Classic)
8 Firestorm
8 Hourman

Since these were made by MATTEL, is it time for another Poll?
The top ten we'd like to see come out next maybe?

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next