Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:44 pm 
active in the community

If people want to vent let em, talk about being a douche lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:48 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

dmack wrote:
I think these remaining products should be sent to Big Lots or other discount/markdown stores. Or there needs to be a HUGE markdown. These need to around 5 bucks just to get rid of em. At 5 buvks I'd buy some and donate them to charities.

I have seen the Galatea/Question/Capt. Atom packs at discount/markdown stores. The last place I saw current JLU figures was at Burlington Coat Factory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:51 pm 
5th Horseman

ian5555 wrote:
The new JLU 3-packs obviously. It's one thing to complain somewhat and entirely another to use the words I"M FURIOUS because you don't have a toy yet.

This is not so bad and how an adult would act:

Man, it's July I wish the JLU 3-packs would get here, i can't wait for them.

This is not and is how children act:

I"M FURIOUS WHERE ARE THE NEW JLU 3-PACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATTEL YOU SUCK!!!! TARGET YOU SUCK!!! I WANT MY TOYS WAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Talk about unecessary lol

You know, I thought about responding to your post, justifying myself, and calling you out on your superiority complex. But THIS adult is just going to let it go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:51 pm 
Aspires to be #1

hutchprime wrote:
LOL @ Asserting how an adult 'should' act regarding finding/purchasing TOYS.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

HAHAHA

whakojacko1976 wrote:
I have seen the Galatea/Question/Capt. Atom packs at discount/markdown stores. The last place I saw current JLU figures was at Burlington Coat Factory.

Burlington Coat Factory? Talk about random.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:56 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

LOL @ people who defend a person who acts like w wittle baby because they do not have something.

ohh wait, I'm sorry so it's ok for adults to act like children when they do something that is normally for children. Sweet....now I can go home and pee in the corner of my living room, not eat my vegetables and pull the dogs hair out. That's what little babies do right so it's ok?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:03 pm 
ABS

ian5555 wrote:
The new JLU 3-packs obviously. It's one thing to complain somewhat and entirely another to use the words I"M FURIOUS because you don't have a toy yet.

This is not so bad and how an adult would act:

Man, it's July I wish the JLU 3-packs would get here, i can't wait for them.

This is not and is how children act:

I"M FURIOUS WHERE ARE THE NEW JLU 3-PACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATTEL YOU SUCK!!!! TARGET YOU SUCK!!! I WANT MY TOYS WAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Talk about unecessary lol

We are all toy collectors here so I think most of us can recognize that we type these things tounge n cheeck because we are frustrated but I'm sure the person isn't literally throwing a fit just because he wrote that. I'm not saying he isn't frustrated but there is no need to take him so literally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

j1h15233 wrote:

whakojacko1976 wrote:

I must have had my JLU radar on that day because I walked by Burlington and thought to myself, there's JLU figures in there. I walked all through the toy aisle and saw nothing until I was ready to leave and happened to look down. There they were on the floor propped against the shelf. I was hoping for some major mistake and they would be the Cheetah/BM Beyond packs but no :( .

Anyone unfamiliar with Burlington Coat Factory, it's kinda like JC Penny or Sears had an affair with Big Lots or Ross and out came BCF. The quality is better than TJ Maxx/Ross/Big Lots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:17 pm 
Aspires to be #1

whakojacko1976 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

whakojacko1976 wrote:

I must have had my JLU radar on that day because I walked by Burlington and thought to myself, there's JLU figures in there. I walked all through the toy aisle and saw nothing until I was ready to leave and happened to look down. There they were on the floor propped against the shelf. I was hoping for some major mistake and they would be the Cheetah/BM Beyond packs but no :( .

Anyone unfamiliar with Burlington Coat Factory, it's kinda like JC Penny or Sears had an affair with Big Lots or Ross and out came BCF. The quality is better than TJ Maxx/Ross/Big Lots.

Yea I've heard of them but I had no idea they had a toy section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:42 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Mattel designs JLU, Target orders JLU, Mattel ships JLU, Target stocks JLU, and we buy JLU. In theory anyway.

Pick any retail item. Anything. How about toothpicks? Can you imagine if JLU were toothpicks? AnimateTed has food stuck in his teeth, along with a great many toothpick fans, yet none can find what they're looking for at Target, the sole supplier of toothpicks.

The modern American retail system has been in place for the better part of what, three quarters of a century? Why is it that the "toothpicks" cannot be designed, ordered, shipped, stocked, and purchased as easily as any other dirt-common commodity? Stinks of rampant ineptitude and careless ignorance, coupled with unforeseen Chinese factory problems if you ask me.

We JLU, er, I mean "toothpick" fans want our damn toothpicks already. I've had corn stuck in my teeth ever since the last two JLU six packs never showed up here. We JLU fans have every right to be somewhat annoyed at the situation. Toys or toothpicks. Either way, this kind of crap should never happen, nor do I think that anyone on a "toy" site should be calling fellow fans out for our shared frustration.

Damn corn...where's that Batman Beyond and Cheetah?

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:00 pm 
active in the community

Howard the Duck wrote:
Mattel designs JLU, Target orders JLU, Mattel ships JLU, Target stocks JLU, and we buy JLU. In theory anyway.

Pick any retail item. Anything. How about toothpicks? Can you imagine if JLU were toothpicks? AnimateTed has food stuck in his teeth, along with a great many toothpick fans, yet none can find what they're looking for at Target, the sole supplier of toothpicks.

The modern American retail system has been in place for the better part of what, three quarters of a century? Why is it that the "toothpicks" cannot be designed, ordered, shipped, stocked, and purchased as easily as any other dirt-common commodity? Stinks of rampant ineptitude and careless ignorance, coupled with unforeseen Chinese factory problems if you ask me.

We JLU, er, I mean "toothpick" fans want our damn toothpicks already. I've had corn stuck in my teeth ever since the last two JLU six packs never showed up here. We JLU fans have every right to be somewhat annoyed at the situation. Toys or toothpicks. Either way, this kind of crap should never happen, nor do I think that anyone on a "toy" site should be calling fellow fans out for our shared frustration.

Damn corn...where's that Batman Beyond and Cheetah?

Well said my friend, i personally like the mint flavored toothpicks, ummm minty!

Last edited by Midnight Creeper on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:00 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

ian5555 wrote:
LOL @ people who defend a person who acts like w wittle baby because they do not have something.

ohh wait, I'm sorry so it's ok for adults to act like children when they do something that is normally for children. Sweet....now I can go home and pee in the corner of my living room, not eat my vegetables and pull the dogs hair out. That's what little babies do right so it's ok?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Dude, drop it. You want grown up repartee go read the New Yorker. We're adults who collect toys and this is a good outlet to let out some of the frustrations that come with the hobby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:21 pm 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

yeah, and I want my Holiday Hal Jordan!!!!!

haha, this thread is funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:31 pm 
Resin

I've never been in a burlington Coat factory. Do they all have toy sections like marshall's or TJ Maxx or do they just carry random "point of purchase" stuff around the store / Also are they discounted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:37 pm 
PVC

I understand the frustration.

Most collectors come here because there are others here that relate to the hobby of collecting.. the excitements, the disappointments and the fun of it all. If someone is a consistant troll that does nothing but broogle then I say let him have it and heap on the shame.. but if we can't vent from time to time on continuing release date changes then half the point of this forum is lost.
I like it here because there are so many reasonable/understanding people on board that have been extremely helpful on my occasional visits. No need to start getting personal. Let's keep it friendly.

WAR LAKERS!
WAR FTW!?!
UBER PWNAGE!!
Toy Collectors are babies!!!

Just a few examples of typical internet crap that doesn't quite fit here. :) lol

Peace brothers, be excellent to each other.

Bats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:15 pm 
3 3/4"

mattel sucks basically....I hit like 3-4 targets a damn day and have not seen them yet.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next