Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:44 pm 
active in the community
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 86
Location: ATL GA
If people want to vent let em, talk about being a douche lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:48 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1592
dmack wrote:
I think these remaining products should be sent to Big Lots or other discount/markdown stores. Or there needs to be a HUGE markdown. These need to around 5 bucks just to get rid of em. At 5 buvks I'd buy some and donate them to charities.


I have seen the Galatea/Question/Capt. Atom packs at discount/markdown stores. The last place I saw current JLU figures was at Burlington Coat Factory.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:51 pm 
5th Horseman
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 786
ian5555 wrote:
The new JLU 3-packs obviously. It's one thing to complain somewhat and entirely another to use the words I"M FURIOUS because you don't have a toy yet.

This is not so bad and how an adult would act:

Man, it's July I wish the JLU 3-packs would get here, i can't wait for them.

This is not and is how children act:

I"M FURIOUS WHERE ARE THE NEW JLU 3-PACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATTEL YOU SUCK!!!! TARGET YOU SUCK!!! I WANT MY TOYS WAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Talk about unecessary lol


You know, I thought about responding to your post, justifying myself, and calling you out on your superiority complex. But THIS adult is just going to let it go.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:51 pm 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12536
Location: College Station, TX
hutchprime wrote:
LOL @ Asserting how an adult 'should' act regarding finding/purchasing TOYS.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL


HAHAHA

whakojacko1976 wrote:
I have seen the Galatea/Question/Capt. Atom packs at discount/markdown stores. The last place I saw current JLU figures was at Burlington Coat Factory.


Burlington Coat Factory? Talk about random.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:56 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:29 pm
Posts: 1540
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
LOL @ people who defend a person who acts like w wittle baby because they do not have something.

ohh wait, I'm sorry so it's ok for adults to act like children when they do something that is normally for children. Sweet....now I can go home and pee in the corner of my living room, not eat my vegetables and pull the dogs hair out. That's what little babies do right so it's ok?

LOLOLOLOLOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:03 pm 
ABS
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:37 pm
Posts: 256
ian5555 wrote:
The new JLU 3-packs obviously. It's one thing to complain somewhat and entirely another to use the words I"M FURIOUS because you don't have a toy yet.

This is not so bad and how an adult would act:

Man, it's July I wish the JLU 3-packs would get here, i can't wait for them.

This is not and is how children act:

I"M FURIOUS WHERE ARE THE NEW JLU 3-PACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATTEL YOU SUCK!!!! TARGET YOU SUCK!!! I WANT MY TOYS WAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Talk about unecessary lol


We are all toy collectors here so I think most of us can recognize that we type these things tounge n cheeck because we are frustrated but I'm sure the person isn't literally throwing a fit just because he wrote that. I'm not saying he isn't frustrated but there is no need to take him so literally.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1592
j1h15233 wrote:

whakojacko1976 wrote:
I have seen the Galatea/Question/Capt. Atom packs at discount/markdown stores. The last place I saw current JLU figures was at Burlington Coat Factory.


Burlington Coat Factory? Talk about random.


I must have had my JLU radar on that day because I walked by Burlington and thought to myself, there's JLU figures in there. I walked all through the toy aisle and saw nothing until I was ready to leave and happened to look down. There they were on the floor propped against the shelf. I was hoping for some major mistake and they would be the Cheetah/BM Beyond packs but no :( .

Anyone unfamiliar with Burlington Coat Factory, it's kinda like JC Penny or Sears had an affair with Big Lots or Ross and out came BCF. The quality is better than TJ Maxx/Ross/Big Lots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:17 pm 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12536
Location: College Station, TX
whakojacko1976 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

whakojacko1976 wrote:
I have seen the Galatea/Question/Capt. Atom packs at discount/markdown stores. The last place I saw current JLU figures was at Burlington Coat Factory.


Burlington Coat Factory? Talk about random.


I must have had my JLU radar on that day because I walked by Burlington and thought to myself, there's JLU figures in there. I walked all through the toy aisle and saw nothing until I was ready to leave and happened to look down. There they were on the floor propped against the shelf. I was hoping for some major mistake and they would be the Cheetah/BM Beyond packs but no :( .

Anyone unfamiliar with Burlington Coat Factory, it's kinda like JC Penny or Sears had an affair with Big Lots or Ross and out came BCF. The quality is better than TJ Maxx/Ross/Big Lots.


Yea I've heard of them but I had no idea they had a toy section.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:42 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3080
Mattel designs JLU, Target orders JLU, Mattel ships JLU, Target stocks JLU, and we buy JLU. In theory anyway.

Pick any retail item. Anything. How about toothpicks? Can you imagine if JLU were toothpicks? AnimateTed has food stuck in his teeth, along with a great many toothpick fans, yet none can find what they're looking for at Target, the sole supplier of toothpicks.

The modern American retail system has been in place for the better part of what, three quarters of a century? Why is it that the "toothpicks" cannot be designed, ordered, shipped, stocked, and purchased as easily as any other dirt-common commodity? Stinks of rampant ineptitude and careless ignorance, coupled with unforeseen Chinese factory problems if you ask me.

We JLU, er, I mean "toothpick" fans want our damn toothpicks already. I've had corn stuck in my teeth ever since the last two JLU six packs never showed up here. We JLU fans have every right to be somewhat annoyed at the situation. Toys or toothpicks. Either way, this kind of crap should never happen, nor do I think that anyone on a "toy" site should be calling fellow fans out for our shared frustration.

Damn corn...where's that Batman Beyond and Cheetah?

_________________
'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:00 pm 
active in the community
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 86
Location: ATL GA
Howard the Duck wrote:
Mattel designs JLU, Target orders JLU, Mattel ships JLU, Target stocks JLU, and we buy JLU. In theory anyway.

Pick any retail item. Anything. How about toothpicks? Can you imagine if JLU were toothpicks? AnimateTed has food stuck in his teeth, along with a great many toothpick fans, yet none can find what they're looking for at Target, the sole supplier of toothpicks.

The modern American retail system has been in place for the better part of what, three quarters of a century? Why is it that the "toothpicks" cannot be designed, ordered, shipped, stocked, and purchased as easily as any other dirt-common commodity? Stinks of rampant ineptitude and careless ignorance, coupled with unforeseen Chinese factory problems if you ask me.

We JLU, er, I mean "toothpick" fans want our damn toothpicks already. I've had corn stuck in my teeth ever since the last two JLU six packs never showed up here. We JLU fans have every right to be somewhat annoyed at the situation. Toys or toothpicks. Either way, this kind of crap should never happen, nor do I think that anyone on a "toy" site should be calling fellow fans out for our shared frustration.

Damn corn...where's that Batman Beyond and Cheetah?



Well said my friend, i personally like the mint flavored toothpicks, ummm minty!


Last edited by Midnight Creeper on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:00 pm 
User avatar
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3701
Location: Phoenix
ian5555 wrote:
LOL @ people who defend a person who acts like w wittle baby because they do not have something.

ohh wait, I'm sorry so it's ok for adults to act like children when they do something that is normally for children. Sweet....now I can go home and pee in the corner of my living room, not eat my vegetables and pull the dogs hair out. That's what little babies do right so it's ok?

LOLOLOLOLOL


Dude, drop it. You want grown up repartee go read the New Yorker. We're adults who collect toys and this is a good outlet to let out some of the frustrations that come with the hobby.

_________________
Trouble sleeping?
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog ... antinadan/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:21 pm 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 163
yeah, and I want my Holiday Hal Jordan!!!!!






haha, this thread is funny


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:31 pm 
Resin
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 378
I've never been in a burlington Coat factory. Do they all have toy sections like marshall's or TJ Maxx or do they just carry random "point of purchase" stuff around the store / Also are they discounted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:37 pm 
User avatar
PVC
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:03 pm
Posts: 150
Location: Odym
I understand the frustration.

Most collectors come here because there are others here that relate to the hobby of collecting.. the excitements, the disappointments and the fun of it all. If someone is a consistant troll that does nothing but broogle then I say let him have it and heap on the shame.. but if we can't vent from time to time on continuing release date changes then half the point of this forum is lost.
I like it here because there are so many reasonable/understanding people on board that have been extremely helpful on my occasional visits. No need to start getting personal. Let's keep it friendly.

WAR LAKERS!
WAR FTW!?!
UBER PWNAGE!!
Toy Collectors are babies!!!

Just a few examples of typical internet crap that doesn't quite fit here. :) lol

Peace brothers, be excellent to each other.

Bats

_________________
In Brightest Day or Gotham Knights..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:15 pm 
User avatar
3 3/4"
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 609
mattel sucks basically....I hit like 3-4 targets a damn day and have not seen them yet.....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.059s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]