Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:36 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

ian5555 wrote:
The new JLU 3-packs obviously. It's one thing to complain somewhat and entirely another to use the words I"M FURIOUS because you don't have a toy yet.

This is not so bad and how an adult would act:

Man, it's July I wish the JLU 3-packs would get here, i can't wait for them.

This is not and is how children act:

I"M FURIOUS WHERE ARE THE NEW JLU 3-PACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATTEL YOU SUCK!!!! TARGET YOU SUCK!!! I WANT MY TOYS WAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Talk about unecessary lol

Dude, why are you even here if this is how you feel? And who gave you the right to judge anyone? As far as I thought, this forum was supposed to be free of this mentality.

Furthermore, it's not about adults wanting toys, it's about customers getting product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:52 pm 
Knows his stuff

jzachery wrote:
ian5555 wrote:
The new JLU 3-packs obviously. It's one thing to complain somewhat and entirely another to use the words I"M FURIOUS because you don't have a toy yet.

I"M FURIOUS WHERE ARE THE NEW JLU 3-PACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATTEL YOU SUCK!!!! TARGET YOU SUCK!!! I WANT MY TOYS WAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Dude, why are you even here if this is how you feel? And who gave you the right to judge anyone? As far as I thought, this forum was supposed to be free of this mentality.

Furthermore, it's not about adults wanting toys, it's about customers getting product.

Not adding in here one way or the other ( :| ), but just wanted to note that if you really thought that of this forum, well, then.. (Are you maybe confusing forums?) anyway.. you just have not been here long enough.

Best regards,

g.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:09 pm 
Factory Worker

I'm gonna add my two cents in here just because I can.

I am also very frustrated with the lack of new JLU product. I really don't know who's fault it is but since last Summer, all five of the local Target stores have not had ANY new JLU product at all.

Luckily, I have found other avenues to pick up all of the new JLU stuff that has come out since then. At least until the new three packs. I'm really thinking that a large portion of the JLU collecting community is going to miss out on the two three packs that we all are jonesing for.

I think that the majority of us JLU collectors that are adults are really just wanting to hand fistfulls of money to Mattel/Target for new JLU stuff and we just want the opportunity to do so.

Are we frustrated and greedy? Yes! Are we also adults? Yes! Now how odd is all of this in the real world? Frustrated and greedy adults. Not so strange when it's put like that in my book.

Just my two cents of course.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:43 pm 
Unbreakable

Just do what I do. Casually forget new JLU product is on the way then be crazy excited when you wander in to Target and see them hanging on the pegs. Pee your pants a little. Then buy them and rejoice! Repeat cycle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:12 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Kevfett has a great outlook, and I can agree with everything he said.

Though I will not ADMIT to the peeing-in-the-pants part.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:01 pm 
Displays Backwards

kevfett wrote:
Just do what I do. Casually forget new JLU product is on the way then be crazy excited when you wander in to Target and see them hanging on the pegs. Pee your pants a little. Then buy them and rejoice! Repeat cycle.

This is a great strategy, but tough to execute. Instead we search and search, leave depressed, become disillusioned, and then somehow, someday, we stagger by the aisle and can't believe our eyes that new JLU actually hit (unless they never hit, like those crap ass 6-packs).

This is kind of how I felt about the most recent singles. Actually, I was already at the disillusioned point because this line has been a real broogle to find.

And I'm pretty sure the topic starter was semi-joking, fully-frustrated. How can you not be with all Mattel's botches? Not this line, every line they do! Will they ever learn they drive us insane, like a crazy woman?
I don't think we need ian5555 as the conscience of our board. I just hope someday, someday, this message of frustration will get into Mattel's thick head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:21 pm 
Dog Squeezer

ian5555 wrote:
LOL @ people who defend a person who acts like w wittle baby because they do not have something

check your spelling, youngin'

ian5555 wrote:
ohh wait, I'm sorry so it's ok for adults to act like children when they do something that is normally for children. Sweet....now I can go home and pee in the corner of my living room, not eat my vegetables and pull the dogs hair out. That's what little babies do right so it's ok?

Adults and Children are the same... we just act like there is a difference, and in this case, we have every right to be angry because of the way Mattel treats us: they constantly make promises to an EXTREMELY loyal customer base, and then they don't fulfill the promise... and they are the only company we can buy these products from... if Hasbro made JLU (exactly the same way), I would IMMEDIATELY abandon Mattel... and I bet they would be painted really well.

As for "what little babies do," I certainly never did anything like that as a baby, and neither have any babies I know... I don't know what kind of children you hang around with. :twisted:

ian5555 wrote:

He's FURIOUS because, like me, he has been C-F'd by Mattel MANY MANY MANY times between collecting MOTU 200X, JLU, DCUC, DCIH, etc.

When you are a Mattel toy collector (and many of us are exclusively, not by choice, but more by chance), you tend to get ANGRY when Mattel says one thing, and another happens.

Mattel's stance all along has been to put this on the buyer. It is not the buyer's job to buy hundreds of He-Man variants so that we might get ONE Teela figure per case-pack. It is not the buyer's job to ask toy store manager's OVER AND OVER again to stock Mattel product (and the answer is ALWAYS the same: Mattel hasn't shipped the toys). It is not the buyer's job to "tell their friends about a sale" - GIVE ME A BREAK - "tell your friends?!?" As IF that wasn't a candy-coated way of telling us that if we don't PAY for their mistake, Mattel wouldn't be able to ship the new JLU. It's not the buyer's fault that Mattel can't find reputable factories, be they in China or on Mars. It isn't the buyer's fault that Mattel's product, even NOW, still has far lower QC compared to Hasbro's or Playmates', etc.

Mattel is at fault. It isn't Target. Sure, Target's system doesn't serve us well with regard to JLU, but MATTEL needed to figure out how to deal with that system in order to avoid the problems they've had all along.

It's ridiculous.

I found DCIH wave: Power Girl, Star Sapphire, Batman, The Question, etc. at a DISCOUNT store, WHILE they were supposed to be shipping to regular stores (and no, they didn't buy them somewhere else and re-sell... they were $3 each - and yes, I helped out some people here).

What the HECK is up with that?

Enough capital letters for you?

I agree with the others here, if you don't like what people write, don't read it. There is nothing worse than attacking someone for his opinion when it has neither hurt you, nor offended anyone else. You can challenge that opinion, but that's not what happened here.

I suggest ignoring incendiary responses... heck, ignore mine LOL[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:14 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Well, the histrionics of this thread are a little over-the-top, especially considering the fact that the new 3packs have barely shipped yet. Save the righteous anger for when you'll really need it (you = no one in particular): when pretty much everyone else has them, but you haven't seen them yet.

Devil's advocate time: Yeah, there is a long list of complaints for Mattel (some of them totally justified, and most of them repeated ad nauseam everywhere I look), but between JLU & DCSH & DCUC (and even DCIH, Superfriends, Imaginext, JLU 10", DCUC 12"...), over the last 2 or 3 years, I'm pretty darn happy with Mattel. The character selection they have made for all the larger lines is awesome. So yeah, lots of things suck, but patience works, and I think we're kinda lucky that Mattel has even kept the JLU line going this long. I hope it goes until we have 1000+ unique characters, but that's not gonna happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:14 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

The 2008 Target 3-packs started showing up at Ross: Dress for Less here in PA for $5.99 almost as soon as the $7.99 sale started at Target.

bigkid24 wrote:
I just saw a post and pic on another site of the 3-packs hanging on the pegs. So they are out there.

Those were my pics. I posted them in the JLU finds thread here also. The Plymouth Meeting, PA Target received 3 cases of the new 3-packs so far, one each on June 13th, 18th and 23rd. People have started leaving the Cheetah 3-packs behind. Going to be the pegwarmer of this wave it looks like. But if this keeps up we're going to have 3 pegs full of the Captain Atom 3-pack because it and the Galatea 3-pack reship 1-per-case with the new 3-packs. The new ones are packed at 2-per-case each. The Galatea 3-packs have been selling at this store thanks to the inclusion of Superman but no one's buying the Captain Atom 3-packs.

Image[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:38 pm 
Displays Backwards

JediJones wrote:

But if this keeps up we're going to have 3 pegs full of the Captain Atom 3-pack because it and the Galatea 3-pack reship 1-per-case with the new 3-packs. The new ones are packed at 2-per-case each. The Galatea 3-packs have been selling at this store thanks to the inclusion of Superman but no one's buying the Captain Atom 3-packs.

[

Mattel U R so dumb so dumb so dumb!! They are the greatest peg-warmer shipping company in the world! Why can't they just ship us figures we DON'T have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:11 pm 
Cold-cast

ian5555 wrote:

Actually I read his post and none of the above is in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:21 pm 
Cold-cast

[quote="JediJones"]The 2008 Target 3-packs started showing up at Ross: Dress for Less here in PA for $5.99 almost as soon as the $7.99 sale started at Target.

I want to live in that section of Plymouth for a spell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:00 am 
The Last Word

AnimateTed wrote:
2 days ago, they had NOTHING in their stockroom and they replenished with OLD STOCK!

Whether or not an individual Target location has additional toys in the back means nothing. Almost none of the stores keep things like extra action figures in the back if they can help it. They try to reserve space in their storeroom for more profitable items with higher demand than JLU figures. If they get an extra case that won't fit on the pegs/shelves, then yeah, there might be some more back there. For the most part, though, they don't keep anything over what will fit in the aisle at the store level. It all has to do with what's on hand at the Distribution Center, and if they still have old three-packs there, chances are good that they haven't been allocated new stock yet. If you assume that new stock is coming because your local store doesn't have another case in the back room, you're going to set yourself up for disappointment.

AnimateTed wrote:
AND QUIT TELLING US TO TALK TO TARGET! When I do, they say the same thing "We have space for it, but they aren't shipping us the product!"

Yeah... answer that one!

Mattel doesn't "ship product" to individual stores. That's a Target employee trying to get rid of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:13 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

JediJones wrote:
I posted them in the JLU finds thread here also. The Plymouth Meeting, PA Target received 3 cases of the new 3-packs so far, one each on June 13th, 18th and 23rd.

Missed that. NICE! Thanks for the pics.

JediJones wrote:
People have started leaving the Cheetah 3-packs behind. Going to be the pegwarmer of this wave it looks like.

At least it'll be a NEW pegwarmer! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:18 am 
Aspires to be #1

JediJones wrote:
People have started leaving the Cheetah 3-packs behind. Going to be the pegwarmer of this wave it looks like.

I can understand how people would be leaving that behind. If they already had Shade, didn't want another Luthor repaint (although a logical one) and only wanted Cheetah they would be looking at 13 dollars for that one figure and compared to a Batman, Bruce Wayne and Warhawk that's a bad deal.

Luckily for me this pack was already announced when I started collecting this line so I never picked up a Shade anywhere.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next