Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:03 pm 
active in the community

I still can't believe these things havnt started to hit yet, not even on ebay, its madness i tell ya, whats up mattel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:59 pm 
An Insider

Midnight Creeper wrote:
I still can't believe these things havnt started to hit yet, not even on ebay, its madness i tell ya, whats up mattel?

I'm considering ordering from a scalper in Hong Kong myself, but I want to wait so that I can support the line at Target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:12 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

zaxilla2 wrote:
Midnight Creeper wrote:

I'm considering ordering from a scalper in Hong Kong myself, but I want to wait so that I can support the line at Target.

Dont do it! I tried that and the figure I got STINKS!! Legs are warped...paint apps sucks...I regret that I tried it. They are slipping these out of the factory without paying attention to what they are getting!

I know it's hard to be patient...but with the reset coming up and the six packs I bet we will all be really happy with all the new product we can get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I have a Warhawk that I bought last year that has great paint apps. I just got an Old Bruce today and had to do a touch-up on the hair.

Underneath the vinyl jacket is the regular Two Face / Question suit. They painted the shirt and tie gray. To me that seems like a waste on money, painting a part of the figure that most will never see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:39 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

I'm beginning to think that the very few that have been spotted in US Target stores are flukes. I bet these packs will show up on or around the time that the "August" six packs will.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:47 pm 
An Insider

grtwhitecustoms wrote:
zaxilla2 wrote:
Midnight Creeper wrote:

Dont do it! I tried that and the figure I got STINKS!! Legs are warped...paint apps sucks...I regret that I tried it. They are slipping these out of the factory without paying attention to what they are getting!

I know it's hard to be patient...but with the reset coming up and the six packs I bet we will all be really happy with all the new product we can get.

I won't, it's just sooo tempting at this point. But we need to support these at the one legit spot to buy them so I'll wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:00 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Howard the Duck wrote:
I'm beginning to think that the very few that have been spotted in US Target stores are flukes. I bet these packs will show up on or around the time that the "August" six packs will.

Thank God for flukes! I say as I kiss my precious new 3-packs. :P I don't see any connection between the 6-packs or 3-packs. If Target's pegs are full of old 3-packs, why would they ship more 3-packs to that store, whether or not they're shipping 6-packs? The only thing that might help is if they expand peg space for 3-packs in the reset. We know they're dumping JLU singles, and I see they're dumping the BatB Batman vs. Alien set too, probably to make room for the 6-packs. So maybe 3-packs will get an extra peg or two to make more room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:16 pm 
Factory Worker

I mean no offense so please lets avoid the the endless "crap on him" posts, but i too am beginning to think it was hoax. There is no way it would show up at one Target in one town in PA and the ebay person in S. Carolina. She could have just lied and said she got it from Target. How is this even possible? that PA location got 3 cases, then went to old stuff. Of those 3 cases i have to believe that at least one set would have made its way to ebay not to mention the S.Carolina lady's target stock.

It would not be difficult to pull off a hoax. All you would need is 2 sets of 3 packs that you could acquire from ebay via Asia or a friend/board member who lives in Asia sending it to you. Then take them over to target put them on the JLU 3 packs pegs making it look like it was stocked with new figures and take a picture. The receipt would simply be old packs with store location and personal info blacked out. The individual was warned of being banned form that location for taking pictures which could be just that but i don't think target employees would threaten to ban you for just taking a picture. For the most part they would not even know.

If this was indeed genuine then the only thing i can think of that explains it is that they are waiting for a same day release nationwide but that PA Target and perhaps the one target in S.carolina put them out early. But still out of 3+ cases more then one set had to make its way to eBay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:13 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

zaxilla2 wrote:
grtwhitecustoms wrote:
zaxilla2 wrote:
Midnight Creeper wrote:

I won't, it's just sooo tempting at this point. But we need to support these at the one legit spot to buy them so I'll wait.

I will be buying these at Target as well.

I have bought at least 10 of the GL/Fire/Ice 3 packs from there. Now with the added fact that Old Bruce is using the suit body with different arms I have reason to buy at least 3 of the BB packs. The other pack with Cheetah, Shade and Luthor will be a harder sell on me however. I can use Luthors body for fodder. I can use the Shade for a couple of customs with the smaller buck body. But the most that I can come up with for Cheetah is Klarions cat from the TNBA series. Or Catwoman from the BTAS episode "Tyger, Tyger".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:59 pm 
5" Scale

grtwhitecustoms wrote:
zaxilla2 wrote:
Midnight Creeper wrote:

Thanks Grtwhite for the warning!

I have been tempted to buy from ebay as well but the Blue Lantern ring is helping me maintain hope that I'll find these in abundance eventually. Also, I'm looking to get 3-4 of the Bats Beyond and 2 of the Cheetah packs so even were I to ebay them, it's not like I could afford to pay those prices for so many packs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:18 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

toylad wrote:
I mean no offense so please lets avoid the the endless "crap on him" posts, but i too am beginning to think it was hoax. There is no way it would show up at one Target in one town in PA and the ebay person in S. Carolina. She could have just lied and said she got it from Target. How is this even possible? that PA location got 3 cases, then went to old stuff. Of those 3 cases i have to believe that at least one set would have made its way to ebay not to mention the S.Carolina lady's target stock.

It would not be difficult to pull off a hoax. All you would need is 2 sets of 3 packs that you could acquire from ebay via Asia or a friend/board member who lives in Asia sending it to you. Then take them over to target put them on the JLU 3 packs pegs making it look like it was stocked with new figures and take a picture. The receipt would simply be old packs with store location and personal info blacked out. The individual was warned of being banned form that location for taking pictures which could be just that but i don't think target employees would threaten to ban you for just taking a picture. For the most part they would not even know.

If this was indeed genuine then the only thing i can think of that explains it is that they are waiting for a same day release nationwide but that PA Target and perhaps the one target in S.carolina put them out early. But still out of 3+ cases more then one set had to make its way to eBay.

LOL, well that's some crazy conspiracy theorizing you're engaging in. And it's at my expense. I've been contributing information to collecting forums since before the POTF2 line started in 1995 and I have never posted false information or perpetuated any hoaxes. I have found toys "first" before, even in lowly little PA...the POTF2 Deluxe Probe Droid from 1996 was one.

I don't think people "scalping" toys on eBay is nearly as common as many collectors in their rage, frustration and paranoia like to believe. There are no people waiting outside stores I go to in my area in the morning, except occasionally some Hot Wheels guys who don't know anything about action figures. I don't have much trouble finding any newly released toys because I shop earlier and more often than most other local collectors and have a good sense of the stores' stocking patterns.

If this was a hoax, why would I have made up the part about the manager telling me not to take any pictures? But you apparently believe that part, just not what the picture shows. Then you're taking what I reported about the Target putting out old 3-packs after the 3rd case of new ones sold out and using that to back up your theory that my reports are a hoax. How does it make any sense to believe some of what I posted and try to use that to "prove" my other reports were false? Then the idea that I took 3-packs into the store and walked right back out with them...a heck of a risk to take when anyone else could have found these 3-packs at the same time and made the so-called hoax irrelevant. You need to go back to the drawing board in your theories. What happened to simple accusations of fake Photoshop pictures? If I wanted to pull a hoax I'd try that before possibly getting arrested for shoplifting! But, alas, I'm not that good at Photoshop.

Besides, there was another poster on here who reported he found them in Exton, PA, which is about 20 miles from the Target I found them at. So you don't need a conspiracy theory to simply conclude that our warehouse was probably running low and was the first to be shipped the new 3-packs. And I can guarantee there's no same-day release planned. That's as far-fetched as any hoax you could come up with. These items are the same DPCI as the old ones and are indistinguishable from the old ones by Target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:40 pm 
Resin

A Target employee told me today that my best bet would be to "order them online" since the store would not order anymore until they sold the old three packs on the floor and whatever they still had in the back. I guess I'll just go to Target's website and order away.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:07 pm 
Aspires to be #1

BertDert wrote:
A Target employee told me today that my best bet would be to "order them online" since the store would not order anymore until they sold the old three packs on the floor and whatever they still had in the back. I guess I'll just go to Target's website and order away.......

Ha, real informed employee there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:07 pm 
Factory Worker

Jedijones, i meant no offense, i'm just a skeptic and really in today's day and age it would not surprise me if this was a prank. I'm still wondering why this happened and i did not know about the other guy in PA, must have missed that post. So again, no offense intended. I have to admit though if it were a prank it would certainly deserve a kudos. As for the scalper issue, my area is swarming with them and they know when to be there and i see them all the time. But anyway this post is not about them. Congratulations on your finds and i am glad to hear that your area is less infected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:29 pm 
ABS

Guys, we all need to relax. They will show up and all of us will get one. And even if you live in the toy dead zone, you will eventually be able to find the more affordable and reasonable ones on eBay...just not at first. It seems like this happens every time JLU comes out. Normally, I don't panic with regard to JLU but I did for the first time with the last singles largely because of my personal excitement but also due to the hype on here. I love you guys but some of you are a bit obsessive and are worried because it's not in your hands at this very moment. Nothing is going to change. The same thing will happen like it did with each release. Someone is going to find these before you. It's just a crapshoot as to who will receive the first. Relax friends, you will get it. Not trying to sound preachy or condescending and if that's the way I'm coming accross I'm sorry. It's just that I think all of us including myself have allowed the anticipation get the best of us. It's going to happen guys. Sure, we might have to wait another month but so be it. After the last singles, I realized how much emotional energy I wasted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next