Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:46 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Raven's white costume would be an easy variant, or that look she had around the One Year Later books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:49 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

elmstreetkid wrote:
Raven's white costume would be an easy variant, or that look she had around the One Year Later books.

DC Direct already did the white variant, I'd rather see the 4H sculpt the evil 4-eyed version. The white would be real easy though--exact same figure with white instead of blue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:52 pm 
Tis' but a pup

xrmc20 wrote:
elmstreetkid wrote:

DC Direct already did the white variant, I'd rather see the 4H sculpt the evil 4-eyed version. The white would be real easy though--exact same figure with white instead of blue.

Ah, I probably wasn't collecting superhero figures when they did that one. How long ago was that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:01 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

The DCD regular Raven was 2001, and then the white variant was part of a 2003 box set of repaints plus a new Beast Boy.

Check out Joe Acevedo's Figure Zone (awesome reference for lots of stuff, and DC Direct in particular)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:18 pm 
Tis' but a pup

xrmc20 wrote:
The DCD regular Raven was 2001, and then the white variant was part of a 2003 box set of repaints plus a new Beast Boy.

Check out Joe Acevedo's Figure Zone (awesome reference for lots of stuff, and DC Direct in particular)

Thanks! I didn't get into comics until my senior year of high school, actually, so I missed out on a lot of stuff. Like several years of DCD figures, for instance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:46 pm 
Santos L. Halper

GAH! I originally picked Geo Force as a possibility but replaced him at the last minute!

I too, think it will be a 2 way race between Raven and Toyman...Either way, those two characters are near completion for certain teams...

New Teen Titans and LOD...I actually think I would be the most excited to see Libra, but I am sure he will be dead last...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:31 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Hmm...

Raven I would've thought would be a shoe-in for a future wave. Her inclusion in this poll is a little dis-heartening.

Unlce Sam already has a near perfect frigure from DCD, so I can easily wait on him.

Geo-Force. Not really much in the costume that makes him visually stunning. But I agree he would be an easy tool and easy variant.

Libra. Probably the most visually interesting in this group, but too new of a character (in this form anyway) to really be a pressing concern for adding to my collection.

Cap Marvel Jr. ... unless this is the look they are going back to in the comics (I know I have missed plenty in that story lately), I would rather see him in the red costume. I know that the Jr. (or CM3 if you really want to increase his lameness) look is more definitive so I'll be fine with it either way. But, again, not imperative for me to "have it".

Toyman. Kinda surprised that this LOD/Super Powers character is on the list. Again, I would've thought it would be a definite. The problem with this for me is that he never sported anything even close to this look in the comics (except for the recent Justice series which we already have an excellent figure for) so if I were to get a Toyman character I would want the more human "fat guy in a suit" that he is in the books.

Ultimately, I really have no idea who I would vote for or if I even care who will actually win. This is one of the weakest polls I have seen in a long time.

Today, I guess I will go with Raven (since we have Nightwing, Cyborg, and Starfire, with Beast Boy/Changeling on the way), but tomorrow my vote may change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:02 am 
Aspires to be #1

Man I forgot that's what Toyman looked like and not the type we saw from JLU. I won't even be getting that version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:23 am 
Damage Control

I think its a pretty good list, Im not a big Fan of Uncle Sam but everyone else is are great. Its like pick yor poison New Gods, Teen Titans, Outsiders, Freedom Fighters, Legion of Doom, Young Justice. I do think Toyman's gonna win, but he wont get my vote :lol:

L.O.D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:26 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

who was the New God option? You aren't referring to Libra are you? If so, that would be the lamest "New God" character choice ever ...

Don't get me wrong, Libra could be lotsa fun (see my above comments), but 4th World/New God he ain't, I don't care what Grant Morrison has done with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:25 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I prefer the newer look of Raven -- but this poll is pretty lackluster-- maybe Capt. Marvel Jr to fit with the New Teen Titans (but there are about 15 characters Id rather get first.)

Maybe Toyman- but I kind of like the Justice figure-- have to see,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:42 pm 
Cold-cast

The Jack Nimball Toyman?

Jeez, Super Friends has a lot to answer for.

Raven's definitely getting my vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:40 pm 
Former King of Posts

KSwolf wrote:
Jeez, Super Friends has a lot to answer for.

Like my entire life long interest in comics and my toy collecting habit? :D I am voting for Toyman.

I wish Mattel had gone an alternate path. Picked a theme / team and made us pick one out of that.

6 JSAers
6 Flash Rogues
6 LoSH members
6 'members' of the Suicide Squad
6 costumes of Batgirl

you get the idea.

6 Classic Flash Rogues: (we have Capt Cold and Grodd)
* Heat Wave
* Capt Boomerang
* Trickster
* Pied Piper
* Mirror Master
* Professor Zoom

That would have been something to choose between.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:49 pm 
Former King of Posts

j1h15233 wrote:
Toyman. Besides Raven and maybe Captain Marvel Jr. I don't see any competition for him. I don't even know who the others are.
Wow. We need to update your DC history at a DCUniversity. A quick Wiki search should give you the background you need. But.

Uncle Sam is the guy from the recruitment poster and figured into the 1st issue of Infinite Crisis. Libra is a small time villain from the Satellite era of JLA who got recent exposure in Final Crisis. Geo-Force is back to wearing his original brown and orange costume in the pages of modern JLA 1-12, and modern Outsiders every month.

Like others have said, Toyman and Raven should have been in development already. Geo-Force is a good choice for the "no new sculpting on the basic male body slot" similar to Camo Aquaman, Commander Steel, and Vigilante.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:54 pm 
Aspires to be #1

superfriend wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
Toyman. Besides Raven and maybe Captain Marvel Jr. I don't see any competition for him. I don't even know who the others are.
Wow. We need to update your DC history at a DCUniversity. A quick Wiki search should give you the background you need. But.

Uncle Sam is the guy from the recruitment poster and figured into the 1st issue of Infinite Crisis. Libra is a small time villain from the Satellite era of JLA who got recent exposure in Final Crisis. Geo-Force is back to wearing his original brown and orange costume in the pages of modern JLA 1-12, and modern Outsiders every month.

Like others have said, Toyman and Raven should have been in development already. Geo-Force is a good choice for the "no new sculpting on the basic male body slot" similar to Camo Aquaman, Commander Steel, and Vigilante.

Thanks for the quick update. I know about Uncle Sam from the posters though haha...just not his comic book history. I think Raven is getting my vote and I'll wait for a different Toyman to come out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next