Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:00 pm 
shirtless hugger

j1h15233 wrote:
I'll wait for a different Toyman to come out.

When/if they get to Toyman, I don't think they'll be a different figure.

I mean anything could be happen, but his other looks are not really clamoring for representation...

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:07 pm 
Aspires to be #1

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
I'll wait for a different Toyman to come out.

When/if they get to Toyman, I don't think they'll be a different figure.

I mean anything could be happen, but his other looks are not really clamoring for representation...

ImageImage

Well this may be a long shot as well, but I'm hoping for this..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:04 pm 
shirtless hugger

j1h15233 wrote:

I know this makes me completely hypocritical because the Toyman design I think best fits in DCUC is also from a cartoon, but I don't want that Toyman for my DCUCs. :oops:

It'd look great on the JLU shelf though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:35 pm 
Aspires to be #1

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

I know this makes me completely hypocritical because the Toyman design I think best fits in DCUC is also from a cartoon, but I don't want that Toyman for my DCUCs. :oops:

It'd look great on the JLU shelf though!

I'll take it for both! What will probably end up happening is that the 4H will make whatever version they do look so good that I'll buy it. I can't even tell you how many figures I've bought now that I had no intention of buying when I started this line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm 
proverbial old fart

I honestly don't care who makes the poll, but I'd love to have a Fire figure that is on fire and not in costume!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:01 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Toyman. Kinda surprised that this LOD/Super Powers character is on the list. Again, I would've thought it would be a definite. The problem with this for me is that he never sported anything even close to this look in the comics (except for the recent Justice series which we already have an excellent figure for) so if I were to get a Toyman character I would want the more human "fat guy in a suit" that he is in the books.

Actually that version of Toyman was in the comics around the time of the Super Friends episodes. Someone (I'm guessing Mike/SDComics was the culprit) posted a cover shot with him sometime back but I have no idea which thread to look in...

Gotta say that the version chosen is visually more interesting than the fat-guy-in-suit look but the Penguin body could provide a good base for that one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:23 am 
Cold-cast

Jim_Abell wrote:

Actually that version of Toyman was in the comics around the time of the Super Friends episodes. Someone (I'm guessing Mike/SDComics was the culprit) posted a cover shot with him sometime back but I have no idea which thread to look in...

ImageImage

That version of Toyman was named Jack Nimball, and he made a grand total of four in-continuity appearances between 1974 and 1976. His fourth and final appearance was in Superman #305, when Winslow Schott - the original and current Toyman - came out of retirement and killed him.

Two years later, when Super Friends was revamped into Challenge of the Super Friends, the producers decided that Nimball was far more visually interesting, and used him rather than his more significant counterpart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:41 am 
Damage Control

There was a look that was really close to the animated series look that debuted in the Up, Up and Away arc that came out during One Year Later.

http://www.kevenn.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:42 am 
Loose, Missing Package

KSwolf wrote:
That version of Toyman was named Jack Nimball, and he made a grand total of four in-continuity appearances between 1974 and 1976. His fourth and final appearance was in Superman #305, when Winslow Schott - the original and current Toyman - came out of retirement and killed him.

Two years later, when Super Friends was revamped into Challenge of the Super Friends, the producers decided that Nimball was far more visually interesting, and used him rather than his more significant counterpart.

Knew somebody would have this! :D

Seems like that version would be a good re-use of Sinestro.

Along those lines, Uncle Sam would obviously be a re-use of GG/Joker, Geo-Force would be a simple re-use of one of the stock male bodies and CM3 would probably use the teen body (but I hope not... too dang small...). Raven and Libra would probably use standard parts but would obviously take the most new parts to make them work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:08 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

go vote:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/dcucpoll2.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:20 pm 
Aspires to be #1

xrmc20 wrote:

Well Raven is running away with that vote so far. It was hard not to vote Captain Marvel Jr. with that awesome picture but I want my Teen Titans! Plus they'll get to him sooner or later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:29 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Gotta go with Raven.

After that:

Toyman
Captain Marvel Jr.
Libra (just looks cool)
GeoForce
Uncle Sam

How the heck we got a Vigilante before Raven, I'll never know.

Of course, where is Martian Manhunter?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:59 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I want Martian Manhunter as much as anyone, but the plan (as I believe we've been told) is to space out the heavy hitters toward a goal of having this line go for at least five years with 5 waves a year (it's been at least 5 a year right?). We know we'll get him, so I'm fine with waiting if it helps the line keep chugging. Same with Vigilante coming out sooner than Raven. I think it's awesome. They have a long term goal of getting to a boat load of characters. My complaints, when I have any, with DCUC are not related to character selection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:22 pm 
Aspires to be #1

That version of Toyman must not appeal much to the first 400 voters. He's way behind Raven, about 6% behind Captain Marvel Jr. and is now tied with Uncle Sam at 13%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:23 pm 
Former King of Posts

You know, its really annoying when a Comic "authority" like Wizard gets things like basic comic history wrong.

Quote:
GEO-FORCE
Created by Mike W. Barr and Jim Aparo, Prince Brion Markov here has been a member of the Justice League of America, but is probably more known for being a member of many incarnations of the Outsiders, starting with the original team from Batman and the Outsiders. Since his creation in 1983 this brother of Teen Titan betrayer Terra shares similar abilities as his earth-moving sister (at least now he does), has gone through quite a few changes, most obviously from his original green and yellow costume to his current brown and orange version. Currently starring in The Outsiders, Geo-Force has gone through a resurgence in popularity of the past few years and was completely awesome kicking Deathstroke's ass in DC Universe Last Will and Testament.

To my knowledge, Geo Force has never been a member of the Justice League. While he was featured in Meltzers run, it is made clear in issue 7 that he is NOT a member. You could certainly list him as an ally, but Meltzer, the writer, specifically keeps him out of the teamr. Wizard should have gotten this right.

Also, his current costume reflects his original colors, dark brown, not yellow and green. Its odd that they would use such an out of date picture instead of a more recent one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next