Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:26 pm 
Former King of Posts

The disappointment of this poll is that the prior poll stated that none of the other choices would be made before the winner. Raven and Toy Man should be on the schedule already. Teen Titans Go main cast and Legion of Doom. No reason for these not to be in the pipeline already. By putting them in the poll it means at least one will be delayed unnecessarily. Just poor choices for the poll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:40 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

superfriend wrote:
The disappointment of this poll is that the prior poll stated that none of the other choices would be made before the winner. Raven and Toy Man should be on the schedule already. Teen Titans Go main cast and Legion of Doom. No reason for these not to be in the pipeline already. By putting them in the poll it means at least one will be delayed unnecessarily. Just poor choices for the poll.

Poll or no poll, Raven and Toyman (as well as CM3) will all get made eventually. It's really Libra, Uncle Sam and Geo-Force that are the questionable ones. The last poll had Huntress and Vixen in the mix. Huntress is a given as part of the Bat-family and with Vixen's new prominence in the comics she's a very strong candidate for a figure, same for Catman. Jack Knight and Ragman are the two to really be worried about...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:44 pm 
Aspires to be #1

superfriend wrote:

Well that doesn't mean we won't see Huntress in wave 12 or perhaps Toyman in the wave after Raven. Maybe that's not likely but they could have the more popular characters of these polls in the works already and whoever wins gets to hit shelves first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:45 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

superfriend wrote:
Also, his current costume reflects his original colors, dark brown, not yellow and green. Its odd that they would use such an out of date picture instead of a more recent one.

Really hope they used the wrong pic for that and that we'd get the brown/tan version of his costume instead of that one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:47 pm 
Former King of Posts

j1h15233 wrote:
Well that doesn't mean we won't see Huntress in wave 12 or perhaps Toyman in the wave after Raven. Maybe that's not likely but they could have the more popular characters of these polls in the works already and whoever wins gets to hit shelves first.

Do we know how the other characters fared in Toy Fare Poll #1?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:51 pm 
Aspires to be #1

superfriend wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

I have no idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:02 pm 
Former King of Posts

Quote:
GEO-FORCE
Created by Mike W. Barr and Jim Aparo, Prince Brion Markov here has been a member of the Justice League of America, but is probably more known for being a member of many incarnations of the Outsiders, starting with the original team from Batman and the Outsiders. Since his creation in 1983 this brother of Teen Titan betrayer Terra shares similar abilities as his earth-moving sister (at least now he does), has gone through quite a few changes, most obviously from his original green and yellow costume to his current brown and orange version. Currently starring in The Outsiders, Geo-Force has gone through a resurgence in popularity of the past few years and was completely awesome kicking Deathstroke's ass in DC Universe Last Will and Testament.

I just re-read this. Wizard thinks that his original costume was green and yellow? Who wrote this stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:07 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

superfriend wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

I don't think the results were displayed after voting last time (but my memory could be faulty on that). Even if a strong canditate like Huntress got the lowest vote in the last poll it doesn't mean that she won't make the line eventually. It really comes down to being what figures make the most sense (not necessarily who got the second most votes) and some of the characters in both polls are pretty much "no brainers" for the line at some point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:38 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I'll be happy to get Raven here. That version of Toyman isn't my top choice anyway, and my LOD won't be finished until it covers the characters in the JLU version of the LOD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:46 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I'm not so disappointed in the choices offered as I am in the way that they were presented this time around... Last time there was new artwork apparently created for the poll which had a nice sense of consistancy to it. Most of the images look fine this time around (even if they don't have that same sort of consistancy) but the Geo-Force and Toyman images just look so outdated compared to the others...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:51 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Jim_Abell wrote:
I'm not so disappointed in the choices offered as I am in the way that they were presented this time around... Last time there was new artwork apparently created for the poll which had a nice sense of consistancy to it. Most of the images look fine this time around (even if they don't have that same sort of consistancy) but the Geo-Force and Toyman images just look so outdated compared to the others...

Yeah, I think they should be more deliberate and calculated in how they choose and represent each character. They might want to hint at possible variants as well (like both Geo Force costumes, which would be a super easy variant--unless they give the yellow/green one a huge sculpted GF like Ultraman's "U" ). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:56 pm 
Santos L. Halper

I'm just not a fan of that Raven costume...It's neither the New Teen Titans costume with the high heels...

Nor is it that thigh high boots version that she is wearing in current continuity.

It kind of looks like some cheap amalgamation to save money on sculpt and paint details....

I think she is going to be the clear winner which makes it interesting to figure out the future of females in the DCUC line...

Wave 9 Black Canary
Wave 10 Power Girl
Wave 11 Katma Tui
Wave 12 ?
Wave 13 ?
Wave 14 ?
Wave 15 Raven

Scott said that Zatanna was "slated" when I spoke to him at NYCC this year....so she would be in one of those 3 open spots and my guess would be 12...but who the other 2 spots would go to is up in the air.

I would think that a female villain HAS to be coming soon and I would hazard a guess that it will either be Cheetah or Ivy...Cheetah is visually cool but Ivy is the last remaining MAJOR Batman villain.

I think that Huntress and Vixen are both on the short list, but I bet they are going to have to come after wave 15 since they lost the previous poll...but I would wager that Huntress would be a STRONG candidate for wave 16.

So, my guess for wave 14 is a toss up between...Batwoman, Donna Troy, Mary Marvel, Star Girl, Dr Light, Katana and Ravager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:14 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Ghost6 wrote:
I'm just not a fan of that Raven costume...It's neither the New Teen Titans costume with the high heels...

Nor is it that thigh high boots version that she is wearing in current continuity.

It kind of looks like some cheap amalgamation to save money on sculpt and paint details....

I think she is going to be the clear winner which makes it interesting to figure out the future of females in the DCUC line...

Wave 9 Black Canary
Wave 10 Power Girl
Wave 11 Katma Tui
Wave 12 ?
Wave 13 ?
Wave 14 ?
Wave 15 Raven

Scott said that Zatanna was "slated" when I spoke to him at NYCC this year....so she would be in one of those 3 open spots and my guess would be 12...but who the other 2 spots would go to is up in the air.

I would think that a female villain HAS to be coming soon and I would hazard a guess that it will either be Cheetah or Ivy...Cheetah is visually cool but Ivy is the last remaining MAJOR Batman villain.

I think that Huntress and Vixen are both on the short list, but I bet they are going to have to come after wave 15 since they lost the previous poll...but I would wager that Huntress would be a STRONG candidate for wave 16.

So, my guess for wave 14 is a toss up between...Batwoman, Donna Troy, Mary Marvel, Star Girl, Dr Light, Katana and Ravager.

I'm going to go with Zatanna wave 12, Cheetah wave 13 and Huntress wave 14.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:19 pm 
ABS

I think I might vote for Libra in the poll. Not only does he look cool, and was cool in Final Crisis, but I don't think he has as good a chance of being made as all of the others in the poll. I don't think he'll win the poll by any stretch of the imagination, but I think some votes, any votes, will show he has some sort of popularity or recognition. That might help him get made in the future, and the more figures we get in this line the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:20 pm 
Aspires to be #1

How long does the poll run?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next