Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:52 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Ghost6 wrote:
I'm just not a fan of that Raven costume...It's neither the New Teen Titans costume with the high heels...

Nor is it that thigh high boots version that she is wearing in current continuity.

It kind of looks like some cheap amalgamation to save money on sculpt and paint details....

I think she is going to be the clear winner which makes it interesting to figure out the future of females in the DCUC line...

Wave 9 Black Canary
Wave 10 Power Girl
Wave 11 Katma Tui
Wave 12 ?
Wave 13 ?
Wave 14 ?
Wave 15 Raven

Scott said that Zatanna was "slated" when I spoke to him at NYCC this year....so she would be in one of those 3 open spots and my guess would be 12...but who the other 2 spots would go to is up in the air.

I would think that a female villain HAS to be coming soon and I would hazard a guess that it will either be Cheetah or Ivy...Cheetah is visually cool but Ivy is the last remaining MAJOR Batman villain.

I think that Huntress and Vixen are both on the short list, but I bet they are going to have to come after wave 15 since they lost the previous poll...but I would wager that Huntress would be a STRONG candidate for wave 16.

So, my guess for wave 14 is a toss up between...Batwoman, Donna Troy, Mary Marvel, Star Girl, Dr Light, Katana and Ravager.

I'm holding out hope that we'll get an occasional wave with two female figures. I mean, it's mass market, but now that we have World's Greatest Super Heroes to support the line, plus the case divide system they've got now for retail. I really can't imagine that it's too much of a risk to put two in a seven-figure wave headed by Batman or Superman when we're getting waves with the Adrian Chase Vigilante, Commander Steel, the Silver Age Shark, and Deadman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:52 am 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

superfriend wrote:
Quote:
GEO-FORCE
Created by Mike W. Barr and Jim Aparo, Prince Brion Markov here has been a member of the Justice League of America, but is probably more known for being a member of many incarnations of the Outsiders, starting with the original team from Batman and the Outsiders. Since his creation in 1983 this brother of Teen Titan betrayer Terra shares similar abilities as his earth-moving sister (at least now he does), has gone through quite a few changes, most obviously from his original green and yellow costume to his current brown and orange version. Currently starring in The Outsiders, Geo-Force has gone through a resurgence in popularity of the past few years and was completely awesome kicking Deathstroke's ass in DC Universe Last Will and Testament.

I just re-read this. Wizard thinks that his original costume was green and yellow? Who wrote this stuff?

I know! He debuted wearing the brown and orange in Brave & the Bold #200 even before his link to Terra was explored. The green and yellow suit first appeared during the Outsiders' initial solo book, sometime during Alan Davis' run. The guys at Wizard are really losing their touch.

Sad to see Brion doing so badly, given his recent exposure. I figured Uncle Sam would rank lower, with Libra doing the worst except for anyone who enjoyed Final Crisis. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:58 am 
Mint on Card

This is a tough one for me.

Since they've already done Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg and Kid Flash. And Beast Boy is on the way, Raven would be my choice BUT I would love for them to do Geo-Force so we are one step closer to getting the original Outsiders completed. We've got Batman, Metamorpho and Black Lightning.

I'll vote for Geo-Force. Either costume I guess but I'd prefer the brown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:49 am 
Tis' but a pup

Lt. Clutch wrote:
I know! He debuted wearing the brown and orange in Brave & the Bold #200 even before his link to Terra was explored. The green and yellow suit first appeared during the Outsiders' initial solo book, sometime during Alan Davis' run. The guys at Wizard are really losing their touch.

Sad to see Brion doing so badly, given his recent exposure. I figured Uncle Sam would rank lower, with Libra doing the worst except for anyone who enjoyed Final Crisis. :?

Wizard's such a rag. I can't stand the patronizing, smug tone it always has, where they pander to the worst comic nerds and then mock those same nerds. It's like, you're not funny, and you're not above it all. Stop pretending to be smartass hipsters, you'd get laughed out of Williamsburg. I just want some comics news and interviews with creators, and that's it. And that price guide is asinine.

But ranting aside, I think Geo-Force is shafted by being the most visually straightforward of the characters on that poll - he seems like a figure that would get thrown into a wave for an easy build (and an easy variant!), much like Commander Steel, for example. Final Crisis may have been polarizing, but Libra has a great look and would make an awesome figure. I'm shocked DCD didn't cash in on that, actually. They've released figures of every other big event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:32 am 
Santos L. Halper

I agree 100 percent with your Wizard description...it's all fart jokes and page after page of a made up price guide...it would be such a better magazine if they stopped hiring interns with the goal of having "The craziest summer ever!!!" and actually started hiring people who care about constructing factual stories about comics.

Ever since that ONE dude left Wizard to make Robot Chicken, they all have a desperate desire to use the magazine as a springboard for their "never gonna happen" Hollywood careers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:09 am 
Bob Vila

Wow, what a lackluster group of choices. I think just about everyone from the first poll would rank ahead of anyone from this group in my personal want list. I don't think I'm even going to vote. Is there a "none of the above" option?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:27 pm 
MINT!

I would love to get every figure on this list. And the previous list. But my lifelong dream is to have a complete set of Legion of Doom figures, so I am voting for Toyman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:04 pm 
PVC

3 of these guys are on my most wanted list.I voted for Toyman cuz I'm looking forward to finishing the LOD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:10 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Raven now seems to have broken away from the group pretty far and is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else....I am surprised that Captain Marvel Jr is in second place....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:21 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

DISCLAIMER: I don't collect DCUC.
But if I had to chose.

I'm torn between Raven and Uncle Sam.
Raven is my favorite character of the 6.
But Uncle Sam would make a really neat looking action figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:30 am 
Damage Control

I thought Toyman was gonna run away with this one, but who would think that Teen Titans fans would come out the woodwork like this (lmao)

I voted for CM3 didn't think he be in second place over Toyman & Uncle Sam.

L.O.D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:59 pm 
Damage Control

Looks like Raven's gonna win this round.

Teen Titans is by far my favorite team but I fill a little sad at the fact that I might not see any of the other ones on this poll anytime soon. I voted for CM3 but would love to have all of them.

I just hope next years one not so hard lol :cry:

L.O.D.