Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brave Bold Minis (Action League)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:17 pm 
Unbreakable

superfriend wrote:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery2/album/NYCC11-Mattel/1319258966-5.php

Would anyone happen to know what the place card says below the display with Batman and Larfleeze?

I ask because I wonder if this indeed the next wave after the Flashpoint wave or an expansion to the line with single figures and an accessory.

If you guys ask me I think Catwoman would be the next logical lady in the line.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:18 pm 
ABS

whats the visable difference between Citizen Cold and Capt. Cold?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:48 pm 
Unbreakable

I don't think there are any. Just a different name I believe due to him being considered a hero in Flashpoint.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:52 am 
Aspires to be #1

I'm about ready to call it a day on this line if they can't get any product to the stores. I told myself all along that I would only buy these if I saw them at retail. No internet purchases for this line and now there hasn't been anything in about 6 months.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:04 am 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
I take it there's no sign of wave 4 yet then?

Sadly, I can only buy online or through a proxy, so I'm kinda waiting on you guys to find them first ;)

Jo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:45 am 
Unbreakable

Toy Wiz had them last week but quickly sold out of the Deadman/Martian Manhunter set. They were at their normal inflated prices.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:02 am 
categorically opposed

j1h15233 wrote:
I'm about ready to call it a day on this line if they can't get any product to the stores. I told myself all along that I would only buy these if I saw them at retail. No internet purchases for this line and now there hasn't been anything in about 6 months.

I bailed as soon as I saw the Flashpoint lineups, and when they showed the sets at NYCC (the exact same Hal and Batman again?), it just reinforced what a great decision I made.

So much potential thrown out the window.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:39 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I'm starting to think along the same lines as you guys.

I was STOKED for this line. Beyond excited. Loved the style.

These were great figures for me and my son to just amass, set up, and have fun with.

All along, though, I have said the appeal is in getting these things out en masse and very quickly.

Mattel doesn't seem interested in doing either.

At this point, if I find wave 4 at retail, I'll pick them up. But I'm not hunting for them and I won't be terribly upset if I miss them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:44 am 
ABS

I just found wave 4 at a Walmart in town a couple of days ago. Hopefully they will start showing up everywhere soon enough.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:54 am 
Aspires to be #1

There's only 3 figures I want from wave 4, maybe 1 from wave 5 and maybe 2 from wave 6. They're definitely going in the wrong direction.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:57 am 
Cold-cast

I am ready to bail on this line, once again Mattel has found a way to foul things up. It takes way too long to get new product and then the constant repaints of the same characters, don't get me wrong I love Batman and all but come on, there are way too many characters out there to choose from that you really do not need to keep pumping out the same one every wave. Usually I find these at retail but I can say that the only place I see them lately is at TRU and they don't do a good enough job of rotating stock for new product. I still have not found the movie versions of the Green Lantern figures with the constructs that have been shown at the toy shows, not that I need another Hal Jordan but there were some characters in there that I would have liked to add to my son's collection, they were supposed to be a Wal-Mart exclusive and yet not one Wal-Mart even has them. I just don't understand the issues that Mattel has with this line, has anyone noticed how many of the WWE Rumblers have been released along with playsets? Seriously, if these can be pumped out in mass why is it so hard to do the same with the DC characters? So Mattel, I bid thee farewell, thanks a lot once again for disappointing me in your handling of what could have been a terrific line of figures.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:17 am 
categorically opposed

The_Joker13 wrote:
I just don't understand the issues that Mattel has with this line, has anyone noticed how many of the WWE Rumblers have been released along with playsets? Seriously, if these can be pumped out in mass why is it so hard to do the same with the DC characters? So Mattel, I bid thee farewell, thanks a lot once again for disappointing me in your handling of what could have been a terrific line of figures.

There's more demand for wrestling merchandise. Don't ask me why.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:39 am 
Aspires to be #1

MoMoney wrote:
The_Joker13 wrote:
I just don't understand the issues that Mattel has with this line, has anyone noticed how many of the WWE Rumblers have been released along with playsets? Seriously, if these can be pumped out in mass why is it so hard to do the same with the DC characters? So Mattel, I bid thee farewell, thanks a lot once again for disappointing me in your handling of what could have been a terrific line of figures.

It's because Americans are stupid as a whole

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:31 am 
shirtless hugger

j1h15233 wrote:
MoMoney wrote:

It's because Americans are stupid as a whole

I love wrestling. I have a ton of WWE figures. I think the Mattel figures are great. So I'm stupid?

You always were my least favorite poster here. Now I have one more reason to think less of you.

I guess Mattel should cater to what you and you alone want, huh?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:04 pm 
Variant Head

BCYa nailed that one on the head ! I must say it does sadden me to see how much tooling the wresting AL line gets and all the cool playsets. I just thought Batman Superman and the rest of JLA would have a little more to show in this scale. I mean the six inch Wrestling figures blow the DC stuff out of the water ! But I guess maybe its their audience I mean maybe kids who play with figures doing all sorts of crazy stunts would notice if the figures sucked as bad as DCUC. Mom (insert wrestlers name) cant move his head, stand on his own or cant perfrom his stunts! IN the end wrestling figures make me sad that I like Batman instead of wrestling.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 76  Next