Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DCUC Wave 9 Question
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:37 pm 
declined to be a vampire

So...are we getting our panties in a wad kind of early about wave 9? I know that Mattel told BBTS that they didn't produce enough for the online retailers, but does that mean that they didn't ship enough to TRU, Walmart, Meijer..etc?

I've seen Wave 9 on 3 or 4 different occasions. And while I haven't seen a lot of the main figures...I'm seeing them regardless.

They've been out now what...a month? And with a lot of stores still having Waves 6-7 out..it may just take some time.

I don't think this will go the way of Wave 5. Maybe I'm being Naive (as I've been fortunate enough to find all the figures) but I think these will start showing up.

Thoughts? Anyone have anything from Mattel that says different?

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:24 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

i don't think we the fans have our panties in a wad.i think that mattel sucks.i think that they were going to put them on their site to sell and short change the other online retailers until they realized that some would drop their sorry butt's and the would lose a lot of money.i also think they a concentrating on the wwe line and be damned the dcuc line,but hey that's just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:28 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

yes, this is the end of the line. Panic appropriately.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:37 pm 
declined to be a vampire

The Superfly wrote:
yes, this is the end of the line. Panic appropriately.

LOL. Or at least that's what Preacher (just above you) thinks.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:07 pm 
categorically opposed

PREACHER73 wrote:
i also think they a concentrating on the wwe line and be damned the dcuc line,but hey that's just my opinion.

I could be wrong here, but I'm thinking they have a hell of a lot more money invested in DC Comics than they do WWE. I can't imagine the rights to WWE costing more than the rights to DC Comics.

I think that not producing enough of wave nine is ludicrous - especially given their knowledge of preorders - but it is what it is. Maybe they stopped production early to get more wave ten produced, considering how rare wave five was last year. If that's the case, they should've begun production on wave nine earlier.

Mattel is obviously never going to have the art of boys' toys mastered. I mean, they've had Batman on their table since 2002 or 2003, right? Six or seven years later, they still f up every chance they get. At this point, they should just stop trying to get it down pat.

But as long as they keep making DC Universe Classics, I'll be with them every step of the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:28 pm 
serves the Otter

I found most of this wave at a Target last week in Oklahoma. Green Arrow, Black Canary, both versions of Mantis, and both version of Wildcat. I was surprised that Deadshot, Guardian, and Black Adam were already gone, but all the rest were still sitting on the shelf. You'd think Green Arrow and Black Canary would be the first to sell.

What was the point of including different functional arrows with GA when you can't attach them to his bow?

Last edited by shabbyblue on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: wave 9 Black Canary question
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:33 pm 
PVC

does her thigh joints on both legs rotate? I couldn't rotate her legs, and I don't want to apply too much force to break it.

Also is there a joint where her boots meet the legs?

Post subject: Re: wave 9 Black Canary question
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:46 pm 
serves the Otter

talosman wrote:
does her thigh joints on both legs rotate? I couldn't rotate her legs, and I don't want to apply too much force to break it.

Also is there a joint where her boots meet the legs?

Yes, there's a joint where the boot cuff meets the leg. The thigh joints rotate, but not easily because of the fishnets covering them. I was surprised to discover the fishnets were REAL and not sculpted onto the leg. That's a great detail, but it restricts the articulation a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:59 am 
declined to be a vampire

That's why I think they'll show up. I've seen them only at TRU. Walmarts, Targets haven't even put them out yet around here. So I think this wave will get easier to find.

Honestly...I've seen more of Wave 9 than I have of Wave 8. The only place I've seen wave 8 is at Meijer (I got mine from CSC)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:01 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

All I know is I haven't seen Wave 9 out here in the East Valley of Phoenix yet and have barely seen Wave 8 (which I ordered through Diamond and got back in June). Am I worried? Not quite yet. Check in with me on November 1st.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:37 pm 
Variant Head

Bunger43 wrote:
That's why I think they'll show up. I've seen them only at TRU. Walmarts, Targets haven't even put them out yet around here. So I think this wave will get easier to find.

Honestly...I've seen more of Wave 9 than I have of Wave 8. The only place I've seen wave 8 is at Meijer (I got mine from CSC)

I have also seen more wave 9 than wave 8. I have yet to see a Gentlemen Ghost(ebayed him 25$!!) gold fate,Hawkgirl and only one red parademon!
I have seen 4 full cases of wave 9