Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:35 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Young Justice? Seriously?

Why do they do this crap instead of new JLU episodes?

Ugh.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:42 am 
Bob Vila

marillion wrote:

Ugh.

Peace,

Chip

Agreed, I'm all for new shows but it does seem like a missed opportunity when they don't tie these together with a new set of JLU episodes. Especially something like Young Justice. That is the perfect chance to pick up where JLU left off, with the same character design and having the teen heroes team up with their mentors on occasion with the JLU popping in as cameos.

The recent Brave and The Bold episode with the sidekicks shows that this could work if done for JLU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:43 am 
categorically opposed

I'm actually pretty pumped about Young Justice.

And did no one see the Bruce Timm CG Green Lantern series?! HELLO, PEOPLE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:51 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I need a LOT more information before I get excited about any of this news. Gimme some of the character design sheets or the pitch synopsis so I get a feel for where they are going with these and maybe I will start having an opinion.

For now though, it just doesn't really exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:36 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

marillion wrote:

Ugh.

Peace,

Chip

I feel your pain, Chip, I really do, but JLU is done. It's never coming back, as much as we all want it to. Time to move on. Some of the Brave and the Bold's have been truly excellent lately, and even Teen Titans Go had some great episodes. And The Batman movie with Dracula was stellar.

I'm willing to give YJ a try, especially since it has Aqualad in it. I love just about anything related to the King of the Seas.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:53 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Hmm...Which topic do I want to talk about first? Thundercats or Young Justice? Let's start with YJ!

In my opinion, Young Justice without Robin or Wonder Girl is sorely lacking! All the rest, however(Martian Girl, Aqualad, Nightwing, Impulse, Arrowette, and Connor Kent) are kick-ass! Yeah, more Bruce Timm designed and produced JLU spin-off stuff would be preferable, but if it hasn't happpened by now, it isn't going to happen I think. Damn shame, too.

And now, back to Thundercats! Quite possibly my all-time favorite cartoon. I know a few things too...

1) Bandai toys of the Thundercats will suck.

2) Any Thundercats 'toon that features 'hip' 'neo anime-manga' Thundercats(my greatest fear concerning them) will suck. Especially if they give them tails and visible fur and big-ass cat ears! Double-suck!

3) Thundercats deserves a Four Horsemen/Mattel treatment. Anything less than that is as good as nothing. I'd just as soon buy sawed up tree trunks and glue pipe cleaner whiskers on them and call them Thundercats action figures.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:47 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Howard the Duck wrote:
Hmm...Which topic do I want to talk about first? Thundercats or Young Justice? Let's start with YJ!

In my opinion, Young Justice without Robin or Wonder Girl is sorely lacking! All the rest, however(Martian Girl, Aqualad, Nightwing, Impulse, Arrowette, and Connor Kent) are kick-ass! Yeah, more Bruce Timm designed and produced JLU spin-off stuff would be preferable, but if it hasn't happpened by now, it isn't going to happen I think. Damn shame, too.

And now, back to Thundercats! Quite possibly my all-time favorite cartoon. I know a few things too...

2) Any Thundercats 'toon that features 'hip' 'neo anime-manga' Thundercats(my greatest fear concerning them) will suck. Especially if they give them tails and visible fur and big-ass cat ears! Double-suck!

3) Thundercats deserves a Four Horsemen/Mattel treatment. Anything less than that is as good as nothing. I'd just as soon buy sawed up tree trunks and glue pipe cleaner whiskers on them and call them Thundercats action figures.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lol: In all seriousness, I'm dead set against Bandai coming within a nautical mile of Thundercats. Not only would I not buy it, but I might picket the stores that sell it. I'm only being slightly facetious. Slightly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:11 am 
5th Horseman

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I need a LOT more information before I get excited about any of this news. Gimme some of the character design sheets or the pitch synopsis so I get a feel for where they are going with these and maybe I will start having an opinion.

You're not getting anymore information. I've probably already said too much as it is. You can not believe it. I don't care.

Howard the Duck wrote:
Agree... they will in fact - SUCK

Howard the Duck wrote:
They will not be anime in style. A very spectacular artists who's pedigree includes JLU and GI Joe Resolute has done the designs and they are stunning. You will cry they are so beautiful.
Add to that the series take by some of my favorite animation writers and you will be blown out of the water.

Howard the Duck wrote:
You will have to. And this board deserves pictures of you playing with said "figures"

Last edited by AnimateTed on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:32 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I’m sure Thundercats (and Silverhawks) by Mattel and the 4 Horsemen would look great, but like MOTUC I really don’t see myself buying any. DCUC is the only line I have ever collected, I’m enjoying it, but I don’t really have a desire to branch out.

As for the cartoons coming out, they sound pretty cool. I like the idea of a YJ cartoon and I know my son will love it. He loves Teen Titans Go and watches that a lot. But yeah, it needs the full cast with Robin and Wonder Girl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:44 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

marillion wrote:

Ugh.

Peace,

Chip

Amen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:58 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I know that the last pitch that was floating around 3-4 years back had them as a rock band. Be VERY glad that one was passed over by everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:46 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

JuliusMarx wrote:
I know that the last pitch that was floating around 3-4 years back had them as a rock band. Be VERY glad that one was passed over by everyone!

Oh dear god!!! :shock: Just kill me now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:46 pm 
5th Horseman

Hahhahahah. Oh Yes! I affectionatley call that "Josey and the Thundercats". That's where the "Anime-Style" rumors came from. I may have that art somewhere. As that project is deader than dead I may scan it in and post.

There were some neat things about that take. First off it was set in today's world, and we're actually 5th Earth. The 5th time earth had been reborn. And they kept the original series in continuity. The spirits of the original Thundercats posessed a teenage garage band. And they fought Mumm-Raa. Despite the take being purely a product of network incompetence, the script and bible were very well written.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:37 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

AnimateTed wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:

You're not getting anymore information. I've probably already said too much as it is.

Its not that I don't believe you, its just that its much to early for me to get all a-rant about any of it.

Didn't mean to cast any aspersions toward you or anyone else offering up tidbits, I just need a bit more to go on before I join in is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:11 pm 
categorically opposed

AnimateTed wrote:
Hahhahahah. Oh Yes! I affectionatley call that "Josey and the Thundercats". That's where the "Anime-Style" rumors came from. I may have that art somewhere. As that project is deader than dead I may scan it in and post.

There were some neat things about that take. First off it was set in today's world, and we're actually 5th Earth. The 5th time earth had been reborn. And they kept the original series in continuity. The spirits of the original Thundercats posessed a teenage garage band. And they fought Mumm-Raa. Despite the take being purely a product of network incompetence, the script and bible were very well written.

Whew. I thought for a second Daniel was talking about Young Justice as a musical group. I can't see DC/WB desecrating their property like that, but these are the people that made "Batman & Robin," so...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next