Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I feel like I missed something, where's MM Two-Face?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:25 am 
User avatar
Mint on Card
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
I been gone for a while, so maybe it just quietly came out and no one is selling it on ebay or posting pictures of it on the internet, but where is Mattel's 6" Movie Masters Two-Face?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I feel like I missed something, where's MM Two-Face?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:46 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 12895
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
shishalzafrazz wrote:
I been gone for a while, so maybe it just quietly came out and no one is selling it on ebay or posting pictures of it on the internet, but where is Mattel's 6" Movie Masters Two-Face?


May 17th (subject to change -- 15th is a Saturday, FYI) on MattyCollector and sometime this spring at TRU.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:06 am 
User avatar
Mint on Card
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
are they supposed to be different, tru and mattycollector versions?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:14 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 12895
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
shishalzafrazz wrote:
are they supposed to be different, tru and mattycollector versions?


Nope, but that doesn't mean that there isn't the possibility of production variances. The TRU versions *might* have those "Only at Toys R Us" stickers on the bubbles...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:23 am 
User avatar
Mint on Card
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
I hope not. I was really into the look of this line, but, like most toy lines I enjoy looking at and not ever buying into, I wasn't going to buy any of them. Then I went to TRU the other day looking for DCUC Iron (another tempting awesome toy line I keep trying to resist buying into), and lo and behold they had every one of the batman movie masters figures for $5 each. I "figured" I should just grab em and keep em MOC, and now I want the rest of them. I think it's safe to say, I'm probably never going to get my hands on Survival Suit Bruce, Harvey Dent or either of the Joker variants, as I have no intention of shelling out more than $10 each for these, but I guess that's what makes the ebay hunt so much fun, eh? At any rate, I really hope the only chance I have for getting a discounted Two-Face doesn't come with some dumbass TRU exclusive sticker on the packaging, since I don't plan on opening it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:34 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 12895
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
shishalzafrazz wrote:
I hope not. I was really into the look of this line, but, like most toy lines I enjoy looking at and not ever buying into, I wasn't going to buy any of them. Then I went to TRU the other day looking for DCUC Iron (another tempting awesome toy line I keep trying to resist buying into), and lo and behold they had every one of the batman movie masters figures for $5 each. I "figured" I should just grab em and keep em MOC, and now I want the rest of them. I think it's safe to say, I'm probably never going to get my hands on Survival Suit Bruce, Harvey Dent or either of the Joker variants, as I have no intention of shelling out more than $10 each for these, but I guess that's what makes the ebay hunt so much fun, eh? At any rate, I really hope the only chance I have for getting a discounted Two-Face doesn't come with some dumbass TRU exclusive sticker on the packaging, since I don't plan on opening it.


Well, there's always Goo Gone to get rid of the sticker...

Nothing has been mentioned (that I've seen) for TRU's price on the new ones but I fully expect them to be $14.99 since Mattel said that TRU taking on the line led to the lowered cost on MattyCollector.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:43 am 
User avatar
Mint on Card
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
whoa, I just went on mattycollector and saw the back of the survival suit wayne package. was there a Scarecrow in a suit figure released!? and not in the silly "straightjacket" (robe) that he really never even wore in either movie (i guess for like 5 seconds at the end of BB).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:09 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 12895
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
shishalzafrazz wrote:
whoa, I just went on mattycollector and saw the back of the survival suit wayne package. was there a Scarecrow in a suit figure released!? and not in the silly "straightjacket" (robe) that he really never even wore in either movie (i guess for like 5 seconds at the end of BB).


That one's March according to It's All True.net's release schedule.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:10 am 
User avatar
Mint on Card
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
awesome. thanks for posting that up. so, is two-face the first exclusive matty & tru will be sharing, or is it starting sooner than that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:13 am 
User avatar
An Insider
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1071
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
All of the new Movie Masters figures will be at TRU in the spring, except for the Bank Robber Joker. So we will still have a chance to get Survival Suit Bruce, Harvey Dent, Jail Cell Joker, Scarecrow in Suit, Night Vision Bats, and Two Face at retail.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:12 am 
User avatar
Mint on Card
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Ow, wow! Man, that's great news. I would totally buy stuff from Mattycollector more often if not for the ridiculous shipping. I can handle $15-20 for a quality figure, but heaping another $8.50 on top of that for shipping is just too much.

So, does that mean that the MOTUC & Ghostbusters MM are also going to be available at retail, or just the DKMM & the stuff that's already there? Also, and I promise this is my last question, is the Superman MM only 12" and the DK MM only 6" or have they even said?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:29 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 12895
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
shishalzafrazz wrote:
Ow, wow! Man, that's great news. I would totally buy stuff from Mattycollector more often if not for the ridiculous shipping. I can handle $15-20 for a quality figure, but heaping another $8.50 on top of that for shipping is just too much.


The trick with that is to find someone local and split orders with them. When I ordered Skeletor last week I ordered 3 and the shipping was $10.55. The shipping expenses seem to be completely UPS pricing as that charge really doesn't seem to cover the normal "handling" part of the boxes, packing materials and the actual packing of the boxes, those costs seem to be built into the posted price of the figures.

shishalzafrazz wrote:
So, does that mean that the MOTUC & Ghostbusters MM are also going to be available at retail, or just the DKMM & the stuff that's already there? Also, and I promise this is my last question, is the Superman MM only 12" and the DK MM only 6" or have they even said?


Nope, just Batman figures at retail. As for the MM stuff, so far it's just 6" for the Nolan Batman figures and 12" for Superman. While I'd like to see 6" Superman figures I doubt it will happen because of all the unique tooling that it would require and 12" Batman seems unlikely because of the tooling required for the armor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 pm 
User avatar
An Insider
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1071
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
I noticed on the list from Its all True it had Superman listed as coming in Feb. Is that true?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:42 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 12895
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
I noticed on the list from Its all True it had Superman listed as coming in Feb. Is that true?


Noisy is pretty good at keeping that list accurate according to info availble at any given time but I've never seen it listed as February anywhere else (you'd think Mattel would be hyping that one up like crazy if it were going on sale in two weeks). I really hope he's not as this month is going to be very expensive at Matty as it is...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:00 pm 
User avatar
Mint on Card
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Jim_Abell wrote:
The trick with that is to find someone local and split orders with them. When I ordered Skeletor last week I ordered 3 and the shipping was $10.55. The shipping expenses seem to be completely UPS pricing as that charge really doesn't seem to cover the normal "handling" part of the boxes, packing materials and the actual packing of the boxes, those costs seem to be built into the posted price of the figures.



thanks for all the info. as for local shipping splitting, i'm fairly certain i'm the only person in this town who owns a ghostbuster figure from mattel. seriously. maybe the guy who owns the place i get all my comics would let me put up a sign offering to do that, though, cause i bet a few people do be gettin that he-man stuff. but for the most part, we're lacking on comic book nerds. we got tons of star wars dorks, though. and godd*m fsu fans! put the ghost of bobby bowden as a pack in with walter peck and i betcha mattel delivers a pallet of those things here.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: