Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I feel like I missed something, where's MM Two-Face?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:25 am 
Mint on Card

I been gone for a while, so maybe it just quietly came out and no one is selling it on ebay or posting pictures of it on the internet, but where is Mattel's 6" Movie Masters Two-Face?

Post subject: Re: I feel like I missed something, where's MM Two-Face?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:46 am 
Loose, Missing Package

shishalzafrazz wrote:
I been gone for a while, so maybe it just quietly came out and no one is selling it on ebay or posting pictures of it on the internet, but where is Mattel's 6" Movie Masters Two-Face?

May 17th (subject to change -- 15th is a Saturday, FYI) on MattyCollector and sometime this spring at TRU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:06 am 
Mint on Card

are they supposed to be different, tru and mattycollector versions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:14 am 
Loose, Missing Package

shishalzafrazz wrote:
are they supposed to be different, tru and mattycollector versions?

Nope, but that doesn't mean that there isn't the possibility of production variances. The TRU versions *might* have those "Only at Toys R Us" stickers on the bubbles...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:23 am 
Mint on Card

I hope not. I was really into the look of this line, but, like most toy lines I enjoy looking at and not ever buying into, I wasn't going to buy any of them. Then I went to TRU the other day looking for DCUC Iron (another tempting awesome toy line I keep trying to resist buying into), and lo and behold they had every one of the batman movie masters figures for $5 each. I "figured" I should just grab em and keep em MOC, and now I want the rest of them. I think it's safe to say, I'm probably never going to get my hands on Survival Suit Bruce, Harvey Dent or either of the Joker variants, as I have no intention of shelling out more than $10 each for these, but I guess that's what makes the ebay hunt so much fun, eh? At any rate, I really hope the only chance I have for getting a discounted Two-Face doesn't come with some dumbass TRU exclusive sticker on the packaging, since I don't plan on opening it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:34 am 
Loose, Missing Package

shishalzafrazz wrote:
I hope not. I was really into the look of this line, but, like most toy lines I enjoy looking at and not ever buying into, I wasn't going to buy any of them. Then I went to TRU the other day looking for DCUC Iron (another tempting awesome toy line I keep trying to resist buying into), and lo and behold they had every one of the batman movie masters figures for $5 each. I "figured" I should just grab em and keep em MOC, and now I want the rest of them. I think it's safe to say, I'm probably never going to get my hands on Survival Suit Bruce, Harvey Dent or either of the Joker variants, as I have no intention of shelling out more than $10 each for these, but I guess that's what makes the ebay hunt so much fun, eh? At any rate, I really hope the only chance I have for getting a discounted Two-Face doesn't come with some dumbass TRU exclusive sticker on the packaging, since I don't plan on opening it.

Well, there's always Goo Gone to get rid of the sticker...

Nothing has been mentioned (that I've seen) for TRU's price on the new ones but I fully expect them to be $14.99 since Mattel said that TRU taking on the line led to the lowered cost on MattyCollector.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:43 am 
Mint on Card

whoa, I just went on mattycollector and saw the back of the survival suit wayne package. was there a Scarecrow in a suit figure released!? and not in the silly "straightjacket" (robe) that he really never even wore in either movie (i guess for like 5 seconds at the end of BB).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:09 am 
Loose, Missing Package

shishalzafrazz wrote:
whoa, I just went on mattycollector and saw the back of the survival suit wayne package. was there a Scarecrow in a suit figure released!? and not in the silly "straightjacket" (robe) that he really never even wore in either movie (i guess for like 5 seconds at the end of BB).

That one's March according to It's All True.net's release schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:10 am 
Mint on Card

awesome. thanks for posting that up. so, is two-face the first exclusive matty & tru will be sharing, or is it starting sooner than that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:13 am 
An Insider

All of the new Movie Masters figures will be at TRU in the spring, except for the Bank Robber Joker. So we will still have a chance to get Survival Suit Bruce, Harvey Dent, Jail Cell Joker, Scarecrow in Suit, Night Vision Bats, and Two Face at retail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:12 am 
Mint on Card

Ow, wow! Man, that's great news. I would totally buy stuff from Mattycollector more often if not for the ridiculous shipping. I can handle $15-20 for a quality figure, but heaping another $8.50 on top of that for shipping is just too much.

So, does that mean that the MOTUC & Ghostbusters MM are also going to be available at retail, or just the DKMM & the stuff that's already there? Also, and I promise this is my last question, is the Superman MM only 12" and the DK MM only 6" or have they even said?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:29 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

shishalzafrazz wrote:
Ow, wow! Man, that's great news. I would totally buy stuff from Mattycollector more often if not for the ridiculous shipping. I can handle $15-20 for a quality figure, but heaping another $8.50 on top of that for shipping is just too much.

The trick with that is to find someone local and split orders with them. When I ordered Skeletor last week I ordered 3 and the shipping was $10.55. The shipping expenses seem to be completely UPS pricing as that charge really doesn't seem to cover the normal "handling" part of the boxes, packing materials and the actual packing of the boxes, those costs seem to be built into the posted price of the figures.

shishalzafrazz wrote:
So, does that mean that the MOTUC & Ghostbusters MM are also going to be available at retail, or just the DKMM & the stuff that's already there? Also, and I promise this is my last question, is the Superman MM only 12" and the DK MM only 6" or have they even said?

Nope, just Batman figures at retail. As for the MM stuff, so far it's just 6" for the Nolan Batman figures and 12" for Superman. While I'd like to see 6" Superman figures I doubt it will happen because of all the unique tooling that it would require and 12" Batman seems unlikely because of the tooling required for the armor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 pm 
An Insider

I noticed on the list from Its all True it had Superman listed as coming in Feb. Is that true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:42 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
I noticed on the list from Its all True it had Superman listed as coming in Feb. Is that true?

Noisy is pretty good at keeping that list accurate according to info availble at any given time but I've never seen it listed as February anywhere else (you'd think Mattel would be hyping that one up like crazy if it were going on sale in two weeks). I really hope he's not as this month is going to be very expensive at Matty as it is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:00 pm 
Mint on Card

Jim_Abell wrote:
The trick with that is to find someone local and split orders with them. When I ordered Skeletor last week I ordered 3 and the shipping was $10.55. The shipping expenses seem to be completely UPS pricing as that charge really doesn't seem to cover the normal "handling" part of the boxes, packing materials and the actual packing of the boxes, those costs seem to be built into the posted price of the figures.

thanks for all the info. as for local shipping splitting, i'm fairly certain i'm the only person in this town who owns a ghostbuster figure from mattel. seriously. maybe the guy who owns the place i get all my comics would let me put up a sign offering to do that, though, cause i bet a few people do be gettin that he-man stuff. but for the most part, we're lacking on comic book nerds. we got tons of star wars dorks, though. and godd*m fsu fans! put the ghost of bobby bowden as a pack in with walter peck and i betcha mattel delivers a pallet of those things here.