Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU, BTAS, TNBA ACCESSORIES (^-^)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:35 pm 
AFA Graded

I got a lot of stuff for my collection now and have now started looking for Lanterns and rings of all the color CORPs and
all DC toy lines.
I just love the different styles they come in. I hope I can find some. :mrgreen:

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:18 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

This thread is one of the more interesting ways I've seen someone turn part of their want list into a thread. It looks enough like an actual discussion to not get moved/merged into your swap meet thread, but at the same time you get to keep talking about accessories you need/want.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:36 pm 
AFA Graded

Have you ever gotten a toy and not the accessory that was suppose to go with it?
I myself have lost them and then found them at a later date, but I try to keep track and
send them to where the toy went, if possible.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:46 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
I've had some luck with getting some JLU stnds and a few Lanterns thanks to this thread.
Maybe it will help get me the golden Batman Forever Jim Carrey Riddler cane some day.

Look at that, one on eBay ending in less than a day...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Batman-Forever-Movi ... 20b04e9ec5

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
I'd take this cane to if I could find it. :cry:

I'm sure that there will be plenty of that DCUC Riddler available on eBay after wave 5 gets re-issued next month.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:00 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

superfriend wrote:
I'm stoked about Mattel's recent change to including accessories in upcoming 3 packs. And glad that newer collectors get another chance at Green Arrow with his bow.

Yeah, I honestly never thought Mattel would ever actually start including accessories in the 3 packs. Very smart move by them. The only accessory I'm lacking right now is Barda mega rod.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:52 am 
Former King of Posts

xrmc20 wrote:
This thread is one of the more interesting ways I've seen someone turn part of their want list into a thread. It looks enough like an actual discussion to not get moved/merged into your swap meet thread, but at the same time you get to keep talking about accessories you need/want.

MOD - In case anyone thinks we fell down on the job here: We debated about it. It was exactly the fact that the responses turned into a discussion that caused us to leave it here. Discussion is good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:09 am 
AFA Graded

And with that.....

Does anyone have a story about lost and found accessories that they would like to share?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:36 am 
Former King of Posts

Lost and found.
When my kids were younger, we used to play "figure hunt". Like hunting for Easter eggs with me hiding action figures for them to find. They loved it, so we played it often. One day my son hid some and we did not realize one was missing. Until later. Batman was nowhere to be found. I found him a week later, under a lamp. Almost as if he had been trapped there...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:18 am 
Factory Worker

I have a story about a lost figure and accessory that happened relatively recently.

A couple years ago I was ill and in the hospital due to leukemia and my family had made the decision to move to a house that was larger, more open and was wheelchair accessible for me. So, when I finally got out of the hospital I was unpacking my studio which contains the bulk of my action figure collection. Of course, even though I have a list of all of my action figures I also have a vague mental memory of everything that I've collected. While setting up some of my stuff in my bookshelves I noticed that I couldn't find one of my Teen Titans Go Robin figures that was wearing a motorcycle helmet and also came with a cool motorcycle for the figure to ride. Needless to say I started to panic and then started to curse a bit.

For the next week and a half I looked everyday for the missing Robin figure and motorcycle and everyday that I searched I came up empty handed. Finally, after a huge amount of looking and searching I decided to go back to the old house that we lived in to give it one last go through and see if somehow a box had been misplaced. As I was searching the studio of my old house I found a very small box on the floor by the wall. When I say a small box I mean that this box is less than 8 inches long by 5 inches wide and so it was fairly easy to look past.

I quickly opened the box and inside the box to my surprise was the missing Robin figure and the motorcycle. Also inside the box was a Batman figure that was on a Batcycle and some custom JLU projects that I had planned on finishing. I was so happy to find that box with everything that it had in it. I was elated for a few days after finding that small, inconspicuous, little cardboard box. I still have the box with it's contents to this day sitting on the lower part of a bookshelf full of action figures.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:54 pm 
Brand Manager

Alcatraz wrote:
I noticed that I couldn't find one of my Teen Titans Go Robin figures that was wearing a motorcycle helmet and also came with a cool motorcycle for the figure to ride. Needless to say I started to panic and then started to curse a bit.

Man, I know what you mean. Some days, the smaller annoyances can break your cool and cause the biggest of frustrations.

And those Teen Titans accessories are a b**** to keep track of. Last week I woke up at 3 in the morning to go to the bathroom, and as bad luck would have it, I noticed that Speedy's yellow arrow was missing from his hand. And I knew that it had to have fallen into the small space between two large furniture pieces underneath his display.

And I don't know if it was OCD, or the frustration about having to worry about yet another thing; but there I was... unable to go to sleep, and moving furniture around at 3:30 am, so that I could get my stupid yellow arrow back. Oh, and metaphorically speaking, finally rest in peace.
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Okay, so that takes care of the story portion of the thread! :wink:

And since this isn't supposed An-Gel's personal swap/shop thread... I have questions and requests!

1- What is the best "Re-Breather" accessory for JLU Batman? The one that came as part of his Mission Vision gear? Or one of "the ones" that came with the "Journey to Atlantis" figures?

2- DCUC John Stewart Green Constructs... are they compatible with JLU figures? I'm asking b/c I noticed that DCUC have small hands, and that the JLU figures have nice big squared ones. And I love the machine gun construct and the punching glove/hand construct John Stewart comes with, even though I don't collect DCUC. So if someone gives me the "okay" nod, this will become a "must buy" for me.

3- I also need JLU sized Power Batteries! So if anyone has extras?!?! :( I mean... I can't believe I have 3 Kilowogs and no power batteries! (Makes me think that I already died, and Mattel is in charge of the Purgatory!) :wink:

4- What is the best Bat-Glider for JLU Batman to have? I like Kenner's Mission Masters-Glider Strike Batman, because it is black and it has a nice big wing span. But I also know that, later-on in the series, he used one very similar to the one Kenner called "Jet Wing Batman". But I just don't know if that one will fit the JLU Dark Knight. You know, on account of his tight fit and his cape.

Any comments, questions or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:38 am 
Knows his stuff

From playing around with the DCUC John Stewart constructs, they don't seem to work all that well. You can kind of shove them on to some JLU figures' hands, but they don't stay attached very well, if you ask me. Though, it may vary with each JLU figure, as some of the hands are different sizes/shapes.

Check out Action Figured Out for additional plastic ponderings!
DCUC Wave 15 reviews coming soon!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:35 am 
Loose, Missing Package

red Ricky wrote:
2- DCUC John Stewart Green Constructs... are they compatible with JLU figures? I'm asking b/c I noticed that DCUC have small hands, and that the JLU figures have nice big squared ones. And I love the machine gun construct and the punching glove/hand construct John Stewart comes with, even though I don't collect DCUC. So if someone gives me the "okay" nod, this will become a "must buy" for me.

4- What is the best Bat-Glider for JLU Batman to have? I like Kenner's Mission Masters-Glider Strike Batman, because it is black and it has a nice big wing span. But I also know that, later-on in the series, he used one very similar to the one Kenner called "Jet Wing Batman". But I just don't know if that one will fit the JLU Dark Knight. You know, on account of his tight fit and his cape.

Any comments, questions or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!

2- DCUC Katma's constructs might be more JLU compatible than John's

4- There have been a couple of gliders for Batman in the JL/JLU line (two of which, IIRC, were rather "show accurate"), might want to stop by Ham Salad's Flikr page and see what's been available and which one you prefer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:43 pm 
AFA Graded

I always end up with extra accessories for things I don't want and none for those I do want.
I have extra Batman the Animated stuff and I lost my DCUC lanterns. It's either the feast or famine with this crap. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:30 pm 
my tummy itches

Speaking of accessories. I think the Iron Man 2 Hall of Armor stands, might make good stand-ins for those tubes Batman has in the batcave to display costumes. A figure in one of those stands, or a cut-out image of the costumes in those tubes displayed with the Hasbro Batcave might look pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:08 pm 
Damage Control

I've always wanted someone to do specialized sets of accessories, like the different gun designs for the different DCAU series. My favorite accessories are the guns that came with the TNBA Two face 2 pack. The pistol and machine gun. I'd love for someone to do some new casts of different guns from the series coughspymonkeycreationscough.

Maybe the first post should be edited so it doesn't look like such a desperate cry for help......for accessories :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next