Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU, BTAS, TNBA ACCESSORIES DISAPPEAR?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:34 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

It helped others and myself find them. Maybe it will help more people as time goes by. :mrgreen:

AFi Positive Feedback: +198

Post subject: Re: JLU, BTAS, TNBA ACCESSORIES (^-^)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:27 am 
shirtless hugger

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
And with that.....

Does anyone have a story about lost and found accessories that they would like to share?

I have had things disappear right in front of me. Most of the time it’s a firing projectile that launches itself and shoots under a desk or cabinet that can’t be moved. I’ve shot myself when moving or adjusting an armed figure only to lose track of when it went.

Other times it has been figures falling domino like and one goes missing when I pick them all up. I have a small set of Batman, Robin, Superman and Wonder Woman with interconnecting base I got at Hot Topic. They fell and dispersed and Robin is still missing.

Then there was Cosmic Angela. That figure just disappeared from display and I never noticed. It was on a high shelf and I thought it just fell behind the door or something, but I never found her. I thought maybe a worker that had been in the house took her, but I’m not sure about that either. I found a new one and replaced her.

Most of the accessories I put on display with the figure. The only exception is Playmates Star Trek figures where I only put a couple of the accessories that came with each figure out to keep it cleaner looking. When I get extra figures like Combat Belt Batman for vehicles I usually put the accessories in an old Peanut Butter Jar and save them. Accessories in general are by far one of the hardest things to replace.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:15 am 
Knows his stuff

As far as stories go, I had a few figures displayed on top of my dresser (bad idea, I know :lol: ) for quite a long time; a lot of lost accessories are probably still behind it. Still no idea what happened to the mask that comes with the variant Batman Beyond from DCUC wave 4. It's the only DCUC accessory I've lost track of, so far. I try to keep accessories that I don't use in small baggies.

Also, I accidentally shot a projectile off of a Pokemon base (of all things) behind my dresser. It felt like one of those movie slow-mo sequences, with "Noooooooooo!" included. The projectile fired straight up into the air in an arc and went directly behind the dresser. I got it out eventually and found a swappable Darkseid hand from the New Gods line in the process, so I suppose it was worth the hassle. :P

Check out Action Figured Out for additional plastic ponderings!
DCUC Wave 15 reviews coming soon!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:00 am 
Factory Worker

red Ricky wrote:
Alcatraz wrote:
I noticed that I couldn't find one of my Teen Titans Go Robin figures that was wearing a motorcycle helmet and also came with a cool motorcycle for the figure to ride. Needless to say I started to panic and then started to curse a bit.

Man, I know what you mean. Some days, the smaller annoyances can break your cool and cause the biggest of frustrations.

And those Teen Titans accessories are a b**** to keep track of. Last week I woke up at 3 in the morning to go to the bathroom, and as bad luck would have it, I noticed that Speedy's yellow arrow was missing from his hand. And I knew that it had to have fallen into the small space between two large furniture pieces underneath his display.

And I don't know if it was OCD, or the frustration about having to worry about yet another thing; but there I was... unable to go to sleep, and moving furniture around at 3:30 am, so that I could get my stupid yellow arrow back. Oh, and metaphorically speaking, finally rest in peace.
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Okay, so that takes care of the story portion of the thread! :wink:

And since this isn't supposed An-Gel's personal swap/shop thread... I have questions and requests!

1- What is the best "Re-Breather" accessory for JLU Batman? The one that came as part of his Mission Vision gear? Or one of "the ones" that came with the "Journey to Atlantis" figures?

2- DCUC John Stewart Green Constructs... are they compatible with JLU figures? I'm asking b/c I noticed that DCUC have small hands, and that the JLU figures have nice big squared ones. And I love the machine gun construct and the punching glove/hand construct John Stewart comes with, even though I don't collect DCUC. So if someone gives me the "okay" nod, this will become a "must buy" for me.

3- I also need JLU sized Power Batteries! So if anyone has extras?!?! :( I mean... I can't believe I have 3 Kilowogs and no power batteries! (Makes me think that I already died, and Mattel is in charge of the Purgatory!) :wink:

4- What is the best Bat-Glider for JLU Batman to have? I like Kenner's Mission Masters-Glider Strike Batman, because it is black and it has a nice big wing span. But I also know that, later-on in the series, he used one very similar to the one Kenner called "Jet Wing Batman". But I just don't know if that one will fit the JLU Dark Knight. You know, on account of his tight fit and his cape.

Any comments, questions or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!

Red Ricky,

Finally, someone who shares in my issues. There have been many a night when I would lie awake at night thinking about a comic and who did the pencils in the comic or thought about a figure and couldn't remember if I had the figure and if I did where I put the figure at or where it was stored. Of course, then it is always just a matter of spending the time in the middle of the night verifying that I had the figure and where it was or finding a comic with the artist or writer in question in the credits and updating my brain housing group with the info that I was lacking or had forgot.

As far as your questions go, I might be able to answer a few of them. There have been a few JLU Batman figures that came with a rebreather of sorts. In my opinion, the best representation of a JLU Batman with rebreather figure is the Batman with the all black costume with the dark green accents and a rebreather that covers Batman's entire face (or at least the area of the face that is not covered by his mask).

I also share you pain as to not having enough JLU sized Green Lantern Corp power batteries for my Green Lantern Corp figures. I was thinking or wondering if one of the great JLU customizers out there on the web might have a mold for the JLU sized power batteries that could hook some of us JLU fanatical collectors up with some extra power batteries? maybe I'll do some research and let everyone know using this thread what I find out.

As far as Bat Gliders go I am uncertain. I know that there have been a few of the JLU Batman figures that came with Bat styled personal gliders of sorts. Beyond that I have no idea if there has been a larger sort of Bat Glider at all. I'd be interested in knowing what you find out regarding this question though!

That's all I got for now. Please post any answers that you find on this thread so that at least I know what you found out.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:40 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Veil1 wrote:
I've always wanted someone to do specialized sets of accessories, like the different gun designs for the different DCAU series. My favorite accessories are the guns that came with the TNBA Two face 2 pack. The pistol and machine gun. I'd love for someone to do some new casts of different guns from the series coughspymonkeycreationscough.

Maybe the first post should be edited so it doesn't look like such a desperate cry for help......for accessories :)

Indeed. These are my favorite guns for TNBA and JLU figures. I wouldn't mind having an extra Two-Face pistol either, as Commisioner Gordon confiscated mine years ago and has no plans of returning it. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:17 am 
Aspires to be #1

Ricky, Glassman actually makes those lanterns if you can track down his email address. It escapes me at the moment but I bought a few from him and they're perfect. The handle on them does not swivel though if that's an issue for you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:31 pm 
shirtless hugger

I think a JLU Weapons Accessory Pack would rock.

* Green Lantern Lanterns and GL constructs
* Guns, pistols, sub machine guns, shot guns
* Batgadgets, Batarangs, Grapple Guns, Zip Lines
* Body Armor, snap on parts for torso, arms and legs
* Kryptonite in different colors.
* Winged Packs
* Rebreathers
* Swords, Mace

They already made these things, so there is no retooling needed. Most people would buy a couple sets just to have spares.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:43 am 

FlaBat wrote:
I think a JLU Weapons Accessory Pack would rock.

* Green Lantern Lanterns and GL constructs
* Guns, pistols, sub machine guns, shot guns
* Batgadgets, Batarangs, Grapple Guns, Zip Lines
* Body Armor, snap on parts for torso, arms and legs
* Kryptonite in different colors.
* Winged Packs
* Rebreathers
* Swords, Mace

They already made these things, so there is no retooling needed. Most people would buy a couple sets just to have spares.

* Phantom zone projector, Black Mercy, bent steel girder, Starro
* Wonder Pig, golden lasso, cape, Amazon shield & sword
* Tornadoes, light blast constructs in all colors, lightning bolts,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:18 am 
Aspires to be #1

Angel just reminded me, that the only one I've ever lost is the black mercy that came with Superman. That was my first Superman single and it was well before I was collecting the line so I think I may have actually thrown it away thinking I wouldn't need it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:29 am 

j1h15233 wrote:
Angel just reminded me, that the only one I've ever lost is the black mercy that came with Superman. That was my first Superman single and it was well before I was collecting the line so I think I may have actually thrown it away thinking I wouldn't need it.

Aaaaahg! Nooooooooooooooooo, say it isn't sooooo! :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:47 am 
Aspires to be #1

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

Aaaaahg! Nooooooooooooooooo, say it isn't sooooo! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Unfortunately it is. There's a small chance it's still buried at the bottom of the box I put it in originally but I'm pretty sure it got thrown away.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:52 am 

Hi guys. long time no see.

Since starting this thread I have found tons of accessories from JLU, BTAS, TNBA, and DCUC.
I found the places and people who hoarded them and I have freed them back into circulation once again. :lol:

Because many of you have gone through similar horror stories involving lost accessories, let me share one helpful hint.

If you need lost accessories, go to your SWAP MEET thread and list them for all the world to see.
This way if anyone has them, they can find you. It worked for me and it can work for you.

By the same token, if you have extra accessories, by all means list them in your SWAP MEET thread under "HAVES",
so others can find them.

Now that my quest is done,I hope the rest of you may be as luck in your searches as I have been so far.
Remember that the Swap Meet is the place to go, not here. :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:08 am 

Story Time.

My friend has recently started to sell off his JLU collection and asked if I wanted anything from it.
I said "Great, what do you have for me?"

After looking it over I noticed that some of the figures were mine and were from the list that went missing at my party 4yrs ago. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I confronted him and pointed out that I knew they were mine because I had fixed Mattel's painting errors on the figures and
repainted Hawkgirls mace silver, because it originally belonged to gold Amazo.

Also I had drilled peg holes for figures that didn't have them so I could put them on stands.
I got most of it back and it was a repainted accessory that saved the day and foiled the criminal. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:11 am 
Joint Unfreezer

That is a good story.

Excellent work...
Detective.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:25 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Story Time.

My friend . 8)

That doesnt seem to fit after reading the rest of the story.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next