Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:27 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Don't let him rain on your parade. Some people tend to view the world in a negative way. This is really great news for MOTU collectors and others, because it's possible that Mattel could make other large playsets, like a Batcave or Hall of Justice.

I'm not a huge MOTU fan, but I'm really excited that this playset will get made. I'm so glad I ordered one. I hope those who are on the fence get some extra cash for the holidays, because this playset is going to be awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:44 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'm happy you die hards got the castle. I'm also happy that they extended the Pre-order until January. If I make a good cash haul for x-mas, I may bite the bullet and order one myself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Wait did they count the Florida vote already? The Castle Won?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:27 am 
Cold-cast

Captain Collector wrote:
Clayface, do you actually enjoy collecting? All you ever seem to do is complain about Mattel.

I enjoy collecting anything not made by mattel! :lol: I do like some of the things they have brought to my toy display, but now that I look back, most of it just wasn't worth the headaches & grief this company has brought on us.

Seriously man, I used to look forward to new mattel offerings. But over the last say few years with the poor paint apps, the distribution problems, outrageous prices on matty, the cheaper quality plastic & paint used for the figures, but the prices kept going up, the games they played with those last JLU figures, & all the other BS/lies they've given us, they kind of took the wind out of my sails to be excited by anything they do.

I am still very excited to collect other things & hope I can find my MU bag head FF Spiderman figure soon.

Much to your disbelief, I do not view the world in a negative light. I actually have a great life & enjoy almost every aspect of it. Everyone has something they dislike in life. Some people hate broccoli, others really hate microsoft, etc..... I don't really like mattel. The crap they've pulled has made me bitter over the years.

It wasn't always like that, I was actually excited when they bought the DC license & I first saw those TNBA figures in Toys R us. They were all the wrong colors which was a bit annoying, but after a little paint work, they looked great. Well, they gave up on that line pretty quick. But there was more from mattel to look forward to in the future. But after the 10 or years of one blunder after another I finally reached my breaking point with them. Just the way things are now

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:53 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

In going to shock you here, Clayface:
I don't completely disagree with everything you're saying. I think You make some valid points. They've made some mistakes, and I wish QC were better sometimes. Knowing some if the guys at Mattel personally, and having an inside peek sometimes at the goings on in El Segundo as a side perk of my job here at AFI, I can tell you that many times the answer isn't as sinister as you may believe.
Here's my big gripe: when a figure gets assembled incorrectly (reversed pieces, etc.), I think that Mattel should remake the figure and send it out to whomever wishes to return theirs for the corrected figure. Do it right, that's the right way to do business, no matter the company, do right by your customers.
We're lucky to have a guy like Scott at the helm, seriously. Without him, the last several years of JLU wouldn't have been made. Much if what happened with that line at retail occurred before he took the reins. He kept it alive. Same with the He-Man stuff (there's no bigger fan on the planet, period.)
Be happy with what you collect, I think we'd all be happier if we looked on this hobby as something we enjoy, we're all passionate about it.
I would encourage you to post more in the Hasbro MU section if that's what you enjoy collecting now. Share your thoughts on the line you enjoy, and contribute to those conversations.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:09 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'd seriously like to know what line, price point and quality control is good enough for you Clayface? Obviously not Mattel so who is doing it right? Hasbro is the only one I could think of and their priced even are getting a little out of control as is their distribution lately. Action figures just aren't as popular as they once were.

As far as Scott goes I'd rather have a fan who knows for the most part what collectors want then someone who has no clue what they are managing. That being said his first job is to make $$ not make us happy but if he can do both that is the ideal situation. Mattel is a business and the sooner collectors realize it is and SHOULD be about $$ to them they will be better off.

Glad they made the minimum and if people are happy that is really what matters, not how they go to the number.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:37 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Never blame on conspiracy what stupidity can explain. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:16 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Very true! :lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Captain Collector wrote:

And yes, the Big Milennium Falcon that used to cost $150 is now $250. !

But it comes in a vintage style box-- clearly that is worth the extra hundred (not to mention its TRU-- whose regular price on the MTT is 50.00 over the other stores (as well as the 30.00 price hike on legos--

Not saying the price hasnt gone up-- but any other store would put the falcon at 200.00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:04 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

We got our from TRU for 150 when it was released.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:46 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

TRU likes to do that. When the masterpiece Thundercracker came out recently, it sold out instantly at $69.99, so the second shipment was bumped up to $74.99
The new masterpiece Optimus Prime was also $100, but now has been immediately bumped to $120.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Can I let you guys in on a secret? A dark, dark secret?

Some small part of me was wondering just how crazy things would get if they didn't meet their pre-order goal and the castle was cancelled.

:twisted: :lol:

But I'm - of course - happy for the fans that it's going through. Still can't figure why they didn't want to go the Filmation design route, but happy for the happy people anyhow.

Quote:
I met him personally at a convention & hung around the guy all day & he lied straight to my face.

Without getting into the specifics of your encounter, maybe it turned negative because you were hanging around him all day 8)

In any case, I'm pretty much with you on the Matty bitterness, except that I have to remember that at least we're getting the final wave of JLU figures, and that's something pretty terrific.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:48 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Captain Collector wrote:
Be happy with what you collect

jzachery wrote:
Never blame on conspiracy what stupidity can explain. LOL

Two very good points! :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Got my Randor and Dekker yesterday-- and just reiterates in my mind why I didnt renew-- They look fine-- just waste of 50.00 dollars for stuff I have absolutely no desire for..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:49 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Just FYI (and in the wrong board) the new TRU "vintage" Falcon has dropped to $190 on line. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... h0FeQAAEAA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 63  Next