Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:06 pm 
Ferret Farmer

I've moved since ordering the Castle at the beginning of the year. I sent DR an email about changing my address for when it ships about a month ago. After a few emails back and forth it was all sorted and I'm good to go. Really sucks that so many have had problems with them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:09 am 
ABS

Finally got around to updating my info for the castle and they tell me it will take four days to process. How in the universe does a credit card update take four days to process. I swear digital river is run by morons who at least are smart enough to give kickbacks to some corporate yo-yo at Mattel. There is no reason that any company would use digital river unless the contracting work cost is equal to that of slave labor. The savings and exploitation must be incredible.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:07 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

I'm told they use DR because they're one of the only ones who ship overseas, and there is is huge MOTU customer base overseas. Just what I'm told, don't shoot the messenger ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:10 am 
shirtless hugger

My castle is shipping! I got the email from Matty this morning (followed by a phone call from my credit card company checking for fraud).

Now all it has to do is wind its way from Ontario, Calif., across the U.S., and land in New York City. So excited!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:12 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

GregNYC wrote:
My castle is shipping! I got the email from Matty this morning (followed by a phone call from my credit card company checking for fraud).

Now all it has to do is wind its way from Ontario, Calif., across the U.S., and land in New York City. So excited!

Don't forget the obligatory stops in Canada and Norway first!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:51 pm 
4" scale

Received my Castle. So excited to open it when I get home tonight. The box is almost as tall as my work desk :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:48 pm 
ABS

Captain Collector wrote:
I'm told they use DR because they're one of the only ones who ship overseas, and there is is huge MOTU customer base overseas. Just what I'm told, don't shoot the messenger ;)

LOL, hahaha, I won't shoot the messenger.

Well I am happy that people overseas can get their figures too. I guess my castles are shipping, I got two separate emails saying my order is confirmed. Maybe I will get the later castles because of my credit card issues. I saw Pixel Dan's review (ugh) and while I love it I do not believe it is worth 250.00 bucks, at the most 175.00 dollars....at the most!!! I think it was the comparison shots of the castle with other large items that made me believe it wasn't worth 250.00. I should sell the second on ebay and see if I can get double the money, who knows.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:04 pm 
4" scale

If it had been at retail, it would have been worth $175. Since it's specialty market and limited in quantity, I think it's worth the more expensive price. I'm very happy with it. My pet thinks he has a new dog house.

Last edited by Wildcard on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:02 am 
ABS

I got my shipping notices at 3am so they are on their way.

Thinking about it again, even if this was a retail item it would be too expensive at 175.00. 175 bucks is the price it should be through Matty and 100 should be the retail cost. Hasbro got Metroplex out and he is only 100.00 and he has many moving parts, etc and I believe he is taller than the castle. The one major flaw is that tiny jail cell, it is so pathetic and weak they might as well not of included it at all.

In all my complaining I do hope to see a Snake Mountain that is a hybrid of the toy and the cartoon that has multiple levels within because the original is lacking behind the front. Actually the original is kind of pathetic all the way around except for that weird wolf microphone, I do love that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:06 pm 
ABS

Castles came in a day early, those boxes are huge.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:32 am 
3 3/4"

Got my castle a couple of days ago and all I want to say is this: Thank you, Mattel. We give you a lot of crap but MOTU Classics is now a classic. It's much more than a great nostalgia toy line. It's a great toy line.

Probably the only nostalgia line that has made me not care about ever reacquiring the original vintage toys. You've exceeded all of my expectations and I can tell that there is a lot of love for this license in the Matty offices.

Tremendous job and thanks to the 4H as well.

Carry on.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:41 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Just a rant/whine...not meant to derail the Grayskull conversation...

I just got into this line last year with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales that they had - and I've steadily been building the collection.

I finally got a hold of an Orko/Prince Adam and a Mossman on ebay for about $30. I was psyched.

Well...they were delivered on Monday the 9th ahead of schedule...in the freezing rain and sleet. Dropped off by USPS in a plastic bag so as not to get damaged in the weather (very considerate of them). At the same time - I'm having construction done on my house...I mistook the bag that USPS dropped off as a bag of construction debris (cardboard boxes, etc). So of course I decided to be proactive and clean it up to make my wife happy...I threw the bag in the garbage can with several other bags...and the garbage got picked up on Tuesday morning. :cry:

It's taken me 3 days to realize that there is an Orko/Prince Adam and a Mossman sitting crushed in a landfill in central MA somewhere...sigh...at least it was only $30...and for figures that seem to be readily available on ebay and every now and then via Matty. And thankfully it was for me - and not a Christmas gifts for the kids!

Ok - thanks for letting me cry a bit .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:05 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

UncleMarsellus wrote:
It's much more than a great nostalgia toy line. It's a great toy line.

Agreed, and 2014 is shaping up to be excellent! I really enjoyed this years mini sub and would love to see another one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:22 am 
shirtless hugger

TredH20 wrote:

I just got into this line last year with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales that they had - and I've steadily been building the collection.

I finally got a hold of an Orko/Prince Adam and a Mossman on ebay for about $30. I was psyched.

Well...they were delivered on Monday the 9th ahead of schedule...in the freezing rain and sleet. Dropped off by USPS in a plastic bag so as not to get damaged in the weather (very considerate of them). At the same time - I'm having construction done on my house...I mistook the bag that USPS dropped off as a bag of construction debris (cardboard boxes, etc). So of course I decided to be proactive and clean it up to make my wife happy...I threw the bag in the garbage can with several other bags...and the garbage got picked up on Tuesday morning. :cry:

It's taken me 3 days to realize that there is an Orko/Prince Adam and a Mossman sitting crushed in a landfill in central MA somewhere...sigh...at least it was only $30...and for figures that seem to be readily available on ebay and every now and then via Matty. And thankfully it was for me - and not a Christmas gifts for the kids!

Dude, that sucks! So sorry to hear that :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:21 am 
Brand Manager

TredH20 wrote:

Where do you live , I live in MA and am going to do some Landfill diving !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 63  Next