Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:04 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Since the line is drawing to a close (or a rebranding) after this year I doubt you will get to the horses.. My guess that the only creature still having a shot is maybe getting a Clawdeen-- (using the Head pieces for Battle lion or something..)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:08 am 
Loose, Missing Package

This year's sub was sold as two $52 items, one $42, one $26 and one $60 "holiday" item for the extra slots. The last three still haven't been revealed though from hints the .org's Q&A (question 4) I'm pretty sure that the $60 item is Laser Light He-Man and Skeletor. So, it looks like this to me if they really are going to finish out the vintage MOTU this year...

Q1 - $52 He-Man and King Hsssss
Q2 - $42 Multi-Bot
Q? - $26 Buzz-Saw Hordak
Q? - $52 Flying Fists He-Man/Terror Claws Skeletor
H - $60 Laser Light He-Man and Skeletor

Maybe that Hordak slot will be filled with the Filmation Teela but I have a feeling that she's going to be included with Point Dread and really hack people off.

After looking at the price points and knowing what they have to have to "finish the line" I'm pretty sure the only way that we're getting any beasts this years would be something out-of-sub. I do think there is a chance that the mech-horses will be used as sub-bait for next year. Mantisaur seems like a good prospect, too. Illumina is set to appear in the DC comic and she's got a strong fan base so I expect to see her next year and her cat would be another good one if she does get released. Clawdeen would be another, as would an articulated Cringer and Catra in cat form. Don't think that there is much of a chance of getting all of the POP horses but I think Catra's horse, Storm, is probably the strongest bet there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:46 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Not exactly Mattel, but since they are the licensor I'll throw it out here... Was amused to discover that Super7 is making M.U.S.C.L.E. style MOTU figures. They're going to have them at SDCC (traditional color at the show and their off-site store and in black at the off-site store only), hopefully they'll be available online after the show.

There's only 7 subscription items left for them to reveal at the con - 4 basic figures, one $26 item, one $52 item and the $60 "holiday" item. Dragstor, Perfurma and Saurod are all locks for three of those remaining basic slots. I'm going to guess that the Buzz-Saw Hordak will fit into the $26 quarterly slot, the $52 slot will be Flying Fists/Terror Claws and the holiday item will be the Laser Light duo. That finishes out all of the vintage figures and variants and it finishes out the non-variant POP, as well. So who do you guys think is going to fill the other basic slot?... The Matty boards have said that there is more New Adventures coming but didn't specify if this year or next. There's also the "Filmation" Teela that still hasn't been officially announced. She could go in that slot *but* they don't normally put variant characters into a regular slot (something tells me that she's going to be packed with Point Dread and I expect all hell to break loose when that gets announced). There is always the possibility of Dare or Skeleteen but I don't think they'd do one without doing the other in the same year. I'm almost inclined to go with Lord Masque, he seems to be the last Filmation character to have a strong push behind him.

(also, any guesses as to who the alternate King Hssss torso will be coming with?...)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:52 am 
Resin

So, I'm a little surprised MattyCollector hasn't updated their Web Site for January yet. They're supposed to be launching one of the "new" Masters lines this month, aren't they? Those things aren't subscription only, right?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:11 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

TrekkerGI wrote:
So, I'm a little surprised MattyCollector hasn't updated their Web Site for January yet. They're supposed to be launching one of the "new" Masters lines this month, aren't they? Those things aren't subscription only, right?

I'm really not sure that there is anyone at Mattel that cares about Matty Collector anymore and they certainly don't have any issues with changing the "rules" of the site anytime that they see fit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:09 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Was that the Collector's Choice subscription or the Classics 2.0 subscription? Lord Masque, from the Collector's Choice sub, is listed on the website, although it may have been added after you posted your comment. There does not seem to be other new or returning items, however. I think the Classics 2.0 sub starts in February.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:46 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

The press release for the January sale went up sometime today. Lord Masque, Glimmer (at 25% off) and Lizard Man.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:11 pm 
Resin

Okay, that'd be it, then. That wasn't up the last time I looked. Just took 'em a little longer to get around to it than usual. Thanks! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:48 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It's too bad that Mattel is a slow to move on its own collector's club items. But I guess there are bigger fish to fry.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:00 am 
ABS

Hey guys, does anyone know what is going on over at Mattycollector, they are charging 12 dollars to mail a single figure with the cheapest option. I tried adjusting to see what the difference is but the option won't change from ground shipping at 12 bucks a single figure.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:12 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

They've displayed a Roton with Skelecon driver along with the rest of this year's figures that weren't ready to show at SDCC.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:41 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Any updates on Snake Mountain?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:38 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Wildcard wrote:
Any updates on Snake Mountain?

Nothing I've seen. Probably at SDCC.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:23 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Update on Snake Mountain, Eric Treadway said that the Horsemen are the reason that there has been no news, yet. They are still doing some re-work on it.

Might want to check the .org's latest Q&A several items of interest...

http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=5441

To sum up quickly, another six figure sub is planned for next year, working on the ankle articulation on the Filmation line and a larger, articulated Cringer is in the works, sounds like we may see that at SDCC if it's not part of the SDCC set.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65