Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ...and Mattel's last two SDCC exclusives are...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:44 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Both Halo items... BOOMco and Mega Blocks...

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/201 ... -ends-611/

Post subject: Re: ...and Mattel's last two SDCC exclusives are...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:52 am 
AFA Graded

Kind of sad that there are no DC items this year.

They normally have something available.

My son loves the HALO mega blocks but I'm not buying this just because it doesn't look like anything different than the mass retail sets.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:59 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

They do have the Thomas the Train / DC repainted 5pack. That counts. Kinda.

:|

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:52 am 
MINT!

Not sure if I'm disgusted with Mattel offering nothing for adult DC collectors or happy about it. My brain is angry, my wallet is thrilled!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:05 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Kinda glad I won't be lining up for any exclusives this year. Even the pre-orders have long wait times (especially with their ridiculously long lunch break). Will just order the only set I want from MOTUC online. Hasbro has some cool exclusives but when I think about it, I don't really need them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:08 am 
Santos L. Halper

Wildcard wrote:
Even the pre-orders have long wait times (especially with their ridiculously long lunch break).

No kidding! That line is soooo long! And when you finally get to the front, you have to wait even longer because someone else bought two dozen Monster High dolls and needs assistance getting them out of the hotel. I wish there could be an Express Line so I could get my one Batman figure and go. Guess I don't have to worry about that this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:10 am 
Loose, Missing Package

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
They do have the Thomas the Train / DC repainted 5pack. That counts. Kinda.

:|

It's $30 for five of those plus the fancy light-up package and a comic book (and only the Batman engine is exclusive to the set, the others are supposed to be sold at retail). I looked at the regular Thomas minis in the store this morning and those things are *TINY*! About the size of a Hot Wheels Beetle (maybe a bit smaller) and they're sold 3 to a pack for $4! What The Foo-Foo Cluster?!?!? Is the box gold plated?...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:04 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Thank you, Mattel, for saving me money, time and the aggravation of standing in that line.

Keep up the bad work!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:39 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I see what you did there, Mike... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:49 pm 
MINT!

SDcomics wrote:
Thank you, Mattel, for saving me money, time and the aggravation of standing in that line.

Keep up the bad work!

Love that, and couldn't agree more. They haven't got a clue over there, do they?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:10 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Toys Revealed, for Sale at San Diego Comic-Con

SuperHeroHype

Jul 01, 2015

Following yesterday’s reveals from Funko and LEGO of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice toys, Mattel (via USA Today) has released our first look at even more action figures based on the highly-anticipated film, all of which will be on display and for sale at the San Diego Comic-Con.

First up is an action figure two-pack featuring both Henry Cavill’s Superman and Ben Affleck’s Batman. The $30 display comes with the two figures, each featuring fabric capes and display bases that combine to form the film’s logo. The packaging for the pair also features lights and sounds teasing a moment from the movie.

There will also be a Hot Wheels version of the brand new Batmobile enclosed in a limited-edition packaging, a Barbie based on Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, and a life-sized Hot Wheels build of a Batman v Superman Twin Mill car, which won’t be for sale unless you’re Bruce Wayne. Check them all out below!

Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice stars Henry Cavill in the role of Clark Kent/Superman, and Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman. The film also stars Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, with Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane returning from Man of Steel, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, and Holly Hunter in a role newly created for the film. Jason Momoa will also be making an appearance as Aquaman.

Directed by Zack Snyder, written by Chris Terrio, from a screenplay by David S. Goyer, the film is produced by Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is set to open worldwide on March 25, 2016.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:54 am 
Loose, Missing Package

WTH????...

Alright, either that $30 price is wrong or those are 4" figures considering light and sound in the package...

That Batman head looks *off* but the Wonder Woman Barbie looks great.

The deco on the Twin Mill is nice, too, hopefully that gets released at the 97 cent price point down the road...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:30 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

The $30 does seem a bit low, but these are also "first look" figures for what will be a much larger retail release to follow, not necessarily Con Exclusives (I'm sure the packaging is and the window to retail launch will be somewhat large).

The figures seem to be 6" based on articulation and style, but the price point does suggest 4". Hopefully more info will follow very shortly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:02 pm 
Bob Vila

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
The $30 does seem a bit low, but these are also "first look" figures for what will be a much larger retail release to follow, not necessarily Con Exclusives (I'm sure the packaging is and the window to retail launch will be somewhat large).

The figures seem to be 6" based on articulation and style, but the price point does suggest 4". Hopefully more info will follow very shortly.

I think I saw on Facebook that these are 6" Movie Masters. But the weak head sculpts and cloth capes will keep me well away.

I was hoping that this film would be Mattel's chance to get back in the game of retail 6" figures. But if they are going to cut corners and produce this sort of junk, then I will hope and pray that DCC pick up the slack and show them how to do things right!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:35 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Anyone going to the con that might want to pick that up for a poor college student? PM me. :)
Darn I wish I had tix and lived in SD. lol