Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Display stands for DCUC figures....
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:28 pm 
Bob Vila

Anyone know a good site for display stands? I would like clear ones if possible for my DCUC collection, but can't seem to find any that are a good fit. I need quite a few so the better the deal, the better it will be for me. Also, I'm in the UK, so if there are any UK companies doing these, that would be cool.

Post subject: Re: Display stands for DCUC figures....
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:46 am 
Bob Vila

Just bumping this thread, I see it's had lots of views but no replies.... :(

I like the shape of the Matty DCUC oblong stands, as they don't take up as much space as the circular Neca stands. But the Matty stands are clear blue plastic and I'd like the same thing in transparent plastic. Do the stands for basic Star Wars figures fit the peg hole in DCUC firmly or are they too small?

It's just that my figures keep doing a shelf dive in my display cabinet, and I'm fed up having to set them up over and over again. Plus, the Matty ones are shaped so the I can put the figures on some clear acrylic steps so that you can see them better, I think the Neca ones would be too deep for this.

What are you guys using?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:09 am 
Loose, Missing Package

elvis8batman wrote:
Just bumping this thread, I see it's had lots of views but no replies.... :(

I like the shape of the Matty DCUC oblong stands, as they don't take up as much space as the circular Neca stands. But the Matty stands are clear blue plastic and I'd like the same thing in transparent plastic. Do the stands for basic Star Wars figures fit the peg hole in DCUC firmly or are they too small?

It's just that my figures keep doing a shelf dive in my display cabinet, and I'm fed up having to set them up over and over again. Plus, the Matty ones are shaped so the I can put the figures on some clear acrylic steps so that you can see them better, I think the Neca ones would be too deep for this.

What are you guys using?

You would need stands made for vintage Star Wars figures to work, the pegs on the new ones are much smaller. Thing is most of those stands are very small and might not do much to stop the toppling.

I was using the McFarlane stands but they stopped selling them. I got some of the NECA stands but haven't opened them, yet, but I'm pretty sure that they are smaller in diameter than the McFarlanes and I've been using those on white plastic risers with just a little bit of over hang. Was also planning on using Mattel's WWE stands since they were pretty much identical to the DCUC stands but in opaque black (with a nice little slot in the front to put a nameplate if you desired), but those aren't in production anymore, either.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:42 am 
Bob Vila

Thanks Jim. I do see the old star wars stands available in packs of 25 or so fairly cheap, much better deal than the Neca ones. Even if I had to put one on each foot, that would work I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:10 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Just stay away from ProTech. The pegs break off far too easily.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:45 pm 
Bob Vila

Jim_Abell wrote:
Just stay away from ProTech. The pegs break off far too easily.

Oh right, bit of luck you said that as I was wondering about those. Cheers!!