Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Collect and Connect HALL OF JUSTICE coming in 2011
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:57 am 
Former King of Posts

I actually really liked the Mr. Freeze interpretation we saw.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:05 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Captain Cold looked better than in New Frontier. Seriously, who committs robberies in a robe? Freeze looked a little overdone. Killer Frost was ok. I don't like the look of Icicle in any version, just doesn't do anything for me.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:56 am 
ABS

I know, my arguments are just a matter of taste/distaste. It's not a very valid point, but it's kinda why I collect aside from the design.

Last edited by thejokerslastlaugh on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:58 am 
ABS

LordMudd wrote:
Captain Cold looked better than in New Frontier. Seriously, who committs robberies in a robe? Freeze looked a little overdone. Killer Frost was ok. I don't like the look of Icicle in any version, just doesn't do anything for me.

CCC.

Oh, you've got a point there. I also disliked the 'Friar Cold' very very much. Freeze, to me, kinda lost the archetypical nature of the Batman rogue. He was too common for my taste, compared to previous renderings. Too human and kind of 'soap opera' evil, if you get my drift. And I also have the same issue with Icicle as you do.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

thejokerslastlaugh wrote:
Toy Guru stated in a Q&A that we should wait until February (I don't recall if it was in a Toy Fare issue, or Toy Fair) to check the new JLU assortment for 2011. The line will definitely carry on and probably give us many missing characters from the show. What I meant by "I hope the can coexist" was referent to character assortment. I don't know about you guys, but after watching the first episode, I can say I detested the designs of Mr. Freeze, Captain Cold (looked more like an eskimo), Icicle Jr., Killer Frost and more than any other Blockbuster. It's not that the figures are not Timmverse that bothers me... it's that essence of the characters was lost, IMO, with the new designs (as it sometimes happens with new takes on the DC Universe). I'd much rather get a Timmstyle Mr. Freeze, than one based on the show. So if we're offered a Young Justice character that couldn't/wouldn't otherwise be offered in JLU that, to me, is a little bit troublesome.

But I'd also hope that, just like DCUC, the Green Lantern film and cartoon push the character roster forward for JLU and hopefully in Timmverse style.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I don't want JLU to end, but I'd definitely prefer anything on Young Justice to any of the Timmverse designs that have preceded it. I'd like for both lines to coexist, as I'm a huge fan of JLU. I just like the aesthetic of Young Justice significantly more.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:09 am 

Part of the problem is they stated that characters will not be done in the JLU and DCIH lines at the same time, and I have not seen this recinded. GL has pretty much been committed to the DCIH size, which makes me wonder if JLU will only get token GL characters.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:17 pm 
Brand Manager

alcinde4 wrote:
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I don't want JLU to end, but I'd definitely prefer anything on Young Justice to any of the Timmverse designs that have preceded it.

Naw. Naw. Naw. Aww Hell, NAW!

Bite your tongue, dude! No one needs YJ's version of Lieutenant Fat Marvel!

I mean... did you see the size of that guy? Elvis Presley's gut would've been proud!

LordMudd wrote:
GL has pretty much been committed to the DCIH size, which makes me wonder if JLU will only get token GL characters.
CCC.

I wouldn't mind a moratorium of JLU Green Lantern Characters.

At least until the Bruce Timm Cartoon gets underway.

Besides... Between the Green Lantern Classics, the Green Lantern Movie Masters, and the Green Lantern Infinite Heroes Figures; there's going to be an ample supply of Green Lantern figures for fans of the character (and the movie) to chose from and overindulge.

In all honesty, I think it would hurt the JLU line instead of helping it. Green Lantern "heavy" singles and 3-packs are usually the last to sell. (Manhunters being the only possible exception, and there's probably a limit to them, too.)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:26 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

I think Mattel are overestimating demand for all things Green Lantern, they'll sell better because there is a movie, but the term "loud but not numerous" is going to take on a whole new meaning. In fact any time I discuss the film with anyone that is not a comic book reader(which is most people) talk usually turns to them wondering why Green Lantern is not black.

vc9k

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:43 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

red Ricky wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I don't want JLU to end, but I'd definitely prefer anything on Young Justice to any of the Timmverse designs that have preceded it.

Naw. Naw. Naw. Aww Hell, NAW!

Bite your tongue, dude! No one needs YJ's version of Lieutenant Fat Marvel!

I mean... did you see the size of that guy? Elvis Presley's gut would've been proud!

Sorry Ricky. This is one of the few times I'll have to disagree with you. I've been clamoring for this style since Crisis on Two Earths (COTE). If JLU goes the way of the dodo bird next year, I'll miss it. But I won't mourn it. I just like the Young Justice style much better. That's my personal preference.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:58 pm 
Aspires to be #1

The only thing about JLU dying in place of YJ....who's to say that line will last more than a year or two. No other animated style line of DC figures has lasted except for JLU so something about JLU is right haha.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:44 pm 
Former King of Posts

j1h15233 wrote:
so something about JLU is right haha.

figures that fall over
one leg shorter than the other
exact figures repeated continually
lousy distribution

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:58 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

vancleef9000 wrote:
In fact any time I discuss the film with anyone that is not a comic book reader(which is most people) talk usually turns to them wondering why Green Lantern is not black.

vc9k

That's a twist! People were saying just the opposite about the Justice League cartoon almost 10 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:49 am 
serves the Otter

vancleef9000 wrote:
I think Mattel are overestimating demand for all things Green Lantern, they'll sell better because there is a movie, but the term "loud but not numerous" is going to take on a whole new meaning. In fact any time I discuss the film with anyone that is not a comic book reader(which is most people) talk usually turns to them wondering why Green Lantern is not black.

vc9k

Yup. Just look at the current oversaturation of Iron Man figures on toy store pegs if you want a glimpse at the future next year with the Green Lantern toys. We're all going to be so sick of seeing green at the toy stores by the end of 2011. The movie trailer failed to impress many, including myself, and that doesn't bode well for the success of the film or any of its toys.

Last edited by shabbyblue on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:52 am 
serves the Otter

j1h15233 wrote:
The only thing about JLU dying in place of YJ....who's to say that line will last more than a year or two. No other animated style line of DC figures has lasted except for JLU so something about JLU is right haha.

The "right" thing about JLU is that it's cheap to produce compared to all their other toy lines. Very simple sculpts that can be re-used over and over, with very limited articulation. The cheap production costs for this line are one of the main reasons it has lasted so long.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:17 pm 

I actually think Green Lantern excess figures could be a good thing. Look at the potential for customizing. 3600 sectors plus past as well as present GLs means a lot of potential alien GLs to make if they don't. This possibility never really existed with Iron Man, or any other line I can think of off the top of my head.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next