Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Collect and Connect HALL OF JUSTICE coming in 2011
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:46 pm 
Collector Inspector

This is awesome!!!!!
I have wanted a Hall of Justice playset forever.
Honestly surprised Mattel hasn't jumped on this before considering how it showed up in some form or another on most of the recent cartoons and comics.

I was just gonna cherry pick the YJ line. But it looks like now I'll be getting atleast the first 12 figures. And the Batman and Robin 2pack.
DrGreenEvil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:31 am 
Mint on Card

I'm so excited about this.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:48 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

thejokerslastlaugh wrote:
I'm just hoping JLU and Young Justice can coexist.

I kinda have a bad feeling about this.

I truly hope they keep JLU going along side this new line, but I'm afraid the 'new shiny' thing will push the red-haired step-child* off to the side-lines. The fact that they're proudly trumpeting the fact that YJ is of compatable scale only means that they want us to blend them into our current collections, but that doesn't mean they'll continue with new JLU as YJ progresses. Mattel is simply making it easy for us to adopt this new line of toys. I'm hoping YJ is IN ADDITION to JLU and not a REPLACEMENT.

*no offense intended to any forum members who happen to actually BE a red-haired step-child. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:03 pm 
BANNED

Thanks Derick Deller I am your fan

i am happy and now my life has sense again

Last edited by guapo on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:34 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Speaking of red-haired step-children,
right on cue.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:26 pm 
Brand Manager

Chilton wrote:

I truly hope they keep JLU going along side this new line, but I'm afraid the 'new shiny' thing will push the red-haired step-child* off to the side-lines. The fact that they're proudly trumpeting the fact that YJ is of compatable scale only means that they want us to blend them into our current collections, but that doesn't mean they'll continue with new JLU as YJ progresses. Mattel is simply making it easy for us to adopt this new line of toys. I'm hoping YJ is IN ADDITION to JLU and not a REPLACEMENT.

Honestly, I bet you`re totally right about Matty replacing JLU with YJ, and the sad part is, the JLU fans (most of them) asked for it. Months ago when matty asked what scale they should make the YJ line, a lot of JLU collectors told they would collect it for sure if it`s JLU scale. I`m really sad about it. Sad as a IH collector, cause it could mean the survival of the line (even if they change it`s name) if it was in 3.75 inch scale and they continue in the same style (like in the Public Enemies wave), and sad as a JLU collector, cause I was afraid matty could simply replace it and expect us to collect it, cause most of us said that to justify making it in that scale.

The JLU packs new fiasco (I just can`t believe that even the Doom Patrol or the Parademons haven`t sold out) on mattycollector couldn`t mean good news for JLU.

I hope I`m totally wrong and we see a lot of new JLU figures (that make it to the shelves) in february.

:(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:51 pm 
Brand Manager

A couple of things...

1. This time around, JLU fans can't be blamed for Matty's Cyberweek Fiasco. Aside from Lobo, Battlecat, Romat-Ru and a couple of other things; nothing else sold out "quick enough" to meet Mattel's typical expectations. As a matter of fact, He-Man took 4 to 5 days to sell out, and Skeletor never did. Maybe it's because most people could find a decent version at their nearest Toys R' Us or maybe it's because everybody who wanted one, already had one. But on an even playing field, JLU & DCUC got their own wins, too. So no one line stood out.

2. If anything, the responsibility as to why the CyberWeek items didn't sell out, lies on the shoulders of Mattel's Marketing department. Or their lack of one. Because for some reason, they believe that they can post a comment of facebook, or string together a couple of lines on X or Y board, and the consumers are going to show up in mass. And that's just not the case. Most corporations have to win their consumers over, while Mattel does everything in its power to drive them away. Maybe they finally succeeded.

3. Regarding the Parademons... Nobody seems to know what's going on there. A couple of people got notices that they were going to be replaced, but their figures showed up. In my case, they never did, and I've been dragged through "Consumer Support" hell the last couple of weeks trying to get them to ship an item I bought "fair & square"; and within 30 minutes of it being on sale. A similar situation happened before, when they failed to include a Trap-Jaw figure along with the rest of my purchase. That time around, Matty was able to replace it in a couple of days. And it was a sold out item. According to them, the Parademons didn't. But there is something going on there. I honestly believe that there's more to the situation than they were letting me know.

Re: Young Justice...

1. If Derick Deller is in charge of Young Justice, and Toy Guru is in charge of JLU, then we should be fine. Two different Managers for two different lines means that they'll be competing with each other in order to see who outperforms whom. It will be like two Departments having a friendly rivalry. Like comparing Batman EXP, Brave and the Bold, and JLU. As long as JLU won out, Toy Guru didn't care; but if Young Justice starts doing better, his portfolio and work performance is going to get "upstaged". In theory, this should be incentive enough for him to care about JLU and try to make it better. That is... In theory. And of course, based on the assumption that Toy Guru handles JLU and Derick Deller handles Young Justice... differently.

2. But even if JLU were to go away, and that is a big "if" considering all the tooling they now have, and can exploit. Mattel would still bring the tools, the scale and the style back as soon as Bruce Timm's Green Lantern series debuted. In other words, Young Justice may be the hot property now, but tomorrow it might be Green Lantern. Which means a better Kilowog for JLU fans, and a couple of welcomed "oversized" figures in the form of Red & Yellow Lanterns. Let's face it, at this point in time, it doesn't look like JLU will be the vehicle that brings us Atrocitus, Salaak and Larfleeze in "Animated Style". So, it's a good precedent for the Animated lines to stick to the 4.5 inch scale.

3. A lot of JLU fans see Young Justice as a way to "fill in" gaps to our collection. Gaps that the handlers of the JLU line have been unwilling or unable to fill. Gaps like Superboy, Speedy, Wonder Girl, Aqualad, Kid Flash and Robin! Let's face it... whoever answers Mattel's Q&A made it perfectly clear that they weren't going to design a proper "teen buck" for the JLU line. It hasn't been a priority, so I doubt it will ever be. Just look at how long they waited in order to make the DCUC teen buck. If anyting, Young Justice complements our collections the same way Teen Titans did before them.

4. Fans of the Animated DC Universe in general see Young Justice as an extension that lets them get new figures without taking the slot of "a proper" JLU figure. It's no longer Toyman or Arrowette. Now it's Toyman and Arrowette. JLU will have to survive based on its own merits, but then again, DCUC also has to survive as their line branches out into Green Lantern & Batman sublines.

5. Like any new line, expect an influx of capital at first, then a slow burn afterwards. Meaning that yes, we will get 12 or 20 new figures in the first year; but if the line "survives", I expect Mattel to milk it and bleed it like they do with everything else. That means that Year 2 could be plagued with repaints and reissues ad nauseum. So it will have to sink or swim on its own merits.

6. The Producers have made it perfectly clear that the show will be about Young Justice. Not Young Justice and the Justice League. So just like in the comics (and in the Teen Titans series before them) Young Justice will have their own Rogues Gallery. It will be a hodgepodge of characters like Queen Bee, Black Manta and maybe even Lex Luthor; but I seriously doubt we'll see guys from our most wanted list like say... Vandal Savage. So as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather see pegs full of the Young Justice version of Disco Brainiac & Lex Luthor, than more pegs full of our JLU Lex Luthors.

7. And finally, I'm also curious to see how the Young Justice Female buck looks. 'Cause it looks like the best way to get rid of Polly Pocket Stargirl, will be through a decent looking YJ Stargirl. Basically, the way that I see it, JLU is so ahead of the curve that any "BIG" Justice League Characters that show up in the cartoon, will most likely already have a JLU counterpart that has been made and we are tired of. Young Justice is the best place to get Mattel to take "a second look" at a previously released JLU figure that didn't turn out as we expected (or hoped). Like Stargirl or Supergirl. Or Captain Atom, Bane and maybe even Superman himself.

For more information and spoilers, click here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:37 pm 
Knows his stuff

Chilton wrote:

*no offense intended to any forum members who happen to actually BE a red-haired step-child. :wink:

I TOO am VERY AFRAID for JLU. I for 1 would rather JLU continue than ANY other toyline Mattel or otherwise!

IF I cllect ANY YJ figs./toys it'll be because it's a character JLU never made that are using JLU bucks, or are @ least in scale & seamlessly fall into my JLU collection aesthetically!! Especially if they are oversized figures, much like I find the BTAS Clayface & Manbat fit closely enough. I have used other BTAS villians for my JLU collection from the beginning to BEEF Up my rougues, & I can see myself doing the same w/ the YJ line. With what I've seen so far, I will still want a proper JLU SPEEDY (like some of the great customs of him) rather than just using the YJ Speedy! For oversized monstersous types of Villians & some heroes JLU won't make, I will buy them from YJ if they will fit in enough for me.

***As 4 the YJ: HALL of JUSTICE..... I REALLY hope it looks great w/ JLU & I hope there are people who only want the 12 figures & sell the HOJ playset for much cheaper than collecting all the figures myself.

**MATTY.....PLEASE DON'T KILL the JLU line for ANY reason!!!! Change some problems & the JLU line WILL Be PROFITABLE!
Ask
me I'll consult for free! lol....I'm dreaming again!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:29 am 
5th Horseman

Truthfully, these last 2 years have given us just as much grief and strife as it has joy. For every Lobo, we get clogged pegs of Flash rogues and no sight of grey ghost. For every "Yay were getting Parademons" we get a "Parademons didn't sell out, JLU might stop!"

I'm kinda over it all. I LOVE this line. I have every single figure. I will buy it till it's through. But all good things must end. We've had an unbelievable and unprecedented run with this line. A Line that still churned out over 50 characters, years after the show was cancelled. That is UNHEARD of in the toy industry. We can all smile, pick up our Amanda Waller or Atomic Skull or Shadow Theif or Thala or Plastic Man or Wizard Shazam or Vigilante... And smile.

Who expects to get EVERY character from a TV show?! That's an astronomical impossibility! But, with this line... We came really really close.

There have been numerous bumps. From crappy paint, warped legs, cheap plastic, lousy sculpts, numerous bad repaints, and retarded distribution. But we held on. We made people take note and kept it going. Year after year I thought I had purchased my last JLU figure. And then wed get one. More. Year.

But if this line sunsets... Lets not bemoan what "could have been". Let's look at the defiance the fans had that kept this going.

And when Toy Guru says things like "JLU fans are loud but not numerous". We say back....

"OH Yeah? Who do you think have been buying these toys for the past 4 years In enough quantities to make it financially viable to keep it going?". Who despite NUMEROUS corporate screw ups, tapped into their passion for this line and kept returning to Targets shelves?". WE DID!!!!

So thank you Mattel for making so many amazing figures for this line, for so long...

And You're Welcome, for us putting up with all your BS to get them.

Bring on Young Justice!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:23 am 
MINT!

Well said, AnimateTed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:16 pm 
Brand Manager

I agree, but I still hope they try to complete the JLU members before they end the line.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:43 pm 
Brand Manager

Why such a defeatist attitude?

Honestly, it's like you are all saying that the only way JLU can "win" is if everyone else forfeits.

Is this what the Chicago Cubs locker room feels like? Are their coaches "hoping" the Phillies get lost on their way to the Park?

Well screw that! I think Young Justice will be good for business! JLU business, that is!

I mean, first of all...

DCIH and Brave & the Bold were a bigger treat to JLU than Young Justice. And JLU not only survived them (by way of some of the crappiest assortments, ever!), but now that we'll be adding Blue Beetle, Booster Gold and Guy Gardner to our ranks; we might even pick some "stragglers" from the previous animated lines!

Second of all...

Has anyone considered the possibility that fans of Young Justice might pick up JLU assortments to complete THEIR collection? Sorry guys, but not everyone is a "purist". Just like some of us will buy Young Justice figures (as we did with Teen Titans); fans of Young Justice might look at the pegs and see Killer Frost, the Joker, Toyman, Green Lantern, etc. and think... "wow, those guys would go great with my Young Justice Figures!!!"

Sorry folks, but Young Justice is a sidekick line about a sidekick show. Sure there'll be a "grown up" two-pack here and there, but if fans of the show want to collect all of the Big Guns... Specially those that don't have sidekicks (like the Hawks, the Green Lanterns & Captain Atom to name a few); then JLU will be the only game in town.

In other words, it cuts both ways!

And Finally...

After all these years of getting the same figures over and over and over (i.e. Brainiac, Batman, Green Arrow, Atom, Dr. Fate... rinse, repaint, wash and repeat); then the one year that we finally get "our Christmas List"... the line dies?

So basically, some of you are saying that Mattel was right. That if they'd kept making John Stewart figures instead of say... Toyman, the line would've lasted 5 more years.

That giving the fans what they wanted... "killed teh lien".

Sorry but I don't buy it.

Considering the wealth of characters JLU has to offer, and the fact that new lines are almost always lacking in the villains department, I'm pretty sure that JLU will benefit more from the "cross pollination". Or cross-compatibility.

Besides, I wouldn't put it past Mattel to steal some of JLU's tooling and use it on the adult Young Justice Figures. After all, it's not like they haven't done it before.

*cough*, *cough*, *BARF*!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:00 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I'd love to see play sets and/or vehicles that could be used for both lines. Heck, Mattel should put both logos on the boxes so completists of either line would have to buy them!

Red Ricky, I agree with almost everything you had to say, except I suspect that JLU might not be the only game in town for those looking for adult GL figures in 2011. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:38 am 
Knows his stuff

I have NO INTEREST in JLU DYING !! I'm the oposite of Animated Ted, the more New figures of NEW Characters we get in JLU, The MORE New JLU Figures I want! I will buy this line until it ends, but i don't want it to end until I get the rest of the JLU from the show, MANY more Legion Of DOOM characters, MANY more Apokolips Characters, Secret Identities, a few Civilians (not Wallers.... Lois, Jimmy, Gordon), & OVERSIZED Matty offerings! I HOPE YJ does cause JLU sales to go up, I really do....but I'm worried too!

as for the HALL Of JUSTICE......... I REALLY HOPE it looks GREAT w/ the JLU figures, since I never use the Super Powers HOJ someone gave me for my JLU collection! If for some reason the JLU line ends I hope Matty would at least try a subscription program for it w/ ALL NEW Characters! I would buy EVERY Legion Of Doom character in multiples, so I want JLU to go at least "4 MORE YEARS"!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:52 am 
ABS

Toy Guru stated in a Q&A that we should wait until February (I don't recall if it was in a Toy Fare issue, or Toy Fair) to check the new JLU assortment for 2011. The line will definitely carry on and probably give us many missing characters from the show. What I meant by "I hope the can coexist" was referent to character assortment. I don't know about you guys, but after watching the first episode, I can say I detested the designs of Mr. Freeze, Captain Cold (looked more like an eskimo), Icicle Jr., Killer Frost and more than any other Blockbuster. It's not that the figures are not Timmverse that bothers me... it's that essence of the characters was lost, IMO, with the new designs (as it sometimes happens with new takes on the DC Universe). I'd much rather get a Timmstyle Mr. Freeze, than one based on the show. So if we're offered a Young Justice character that couldn't/wouldn't otherwise be offered in JLU that, to me, is a little bit troublesome.

But I'd also hope that, just like DCUC, the Green Lantern film and cartoon push the character roster forward for JLU and hopefully in Timmverse style.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next