Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:53 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12409
Location: College Station, TX
I think JLU is officially gone from retail.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:59 am 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 498
j1h15233 wrote:
I think JLU is officially gone from retail.


Image

It's dead Jim...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 am 
User avatar
5th Horseman
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 772
Every Target in my area has been cleared out for weeks now. They moved fast when clearance was 50% off which put them back at their original prices of $5 for singles, and $10 for 3 packs. Almost nothing lasted beyond that point. Imagine that, price these things at a good value and they fly off the shelves!
I hope that I do find some at the discount shops, because I've got some big gaps from the recent waves.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:51 am 
Knows his stuff
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:25 pm
Posts: 569
DanMan wrote:
Every Target in my area has been cleared out for weeks now. They moved fast when clearance was 50% off which put them back at their original prices of $5 for singles, and $10 for 3 packs. Almost nothing lasted beyond that point. Imagine that, price these things at a good value and they fly off the shelves!

They disappeared in my neck of the woods almost immediately also. Before the clearance, there were some pegwarmers, but every toyline has those. But the Grey Ghost and BARF packs were very difficult to find. The Livewire and Manhunters sold well too. The Despero pack didn't move that well, but when it went down to $13.98, they disappeared in short order too.

Moral of the story: price your product appropriately.

_________________
I turn my back on you for two seconds, and suddenly you're 80 years old and covered in robots!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:15 am 
User avatar
Fugitive Dust
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:01 pm
Posts: 210
There is no more searching for JLU at Target (which is a sad thing to some extent) so I guess this is the last "New Finds" thread for JLU. MattyCollector.com is our last source of JLU which is ending this year as well. Hopefully a miracle happens that more JLU figures/sales go into next year!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 am 
User avatar
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 am
Posts: 1978
Location: J Street
I think we should keep an eye out for JLU at discount outlets like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Big Lots, etc. Basically, I know for a fact that not all of my Target's crappy Captain Atom & Omac stock sold through. They were pulled from the clearance aisle during the last reset, along with a bunch of unsold Roddy Pipers. So I expect them to show up in some very unlikely places. You know, like the Cyclotron/Raven Wave of DC Universe Classics.

_________________
Essential JLU:...1. Jax-Ur...2. Robin (Grayson)...3. Trickster...4. Power Girl...5. Spectre
...6. Chronos...7. Killer Croc w/BabyDoll...8. Felix Faust...9. Poison Ivy...10. Deathstroke
Bonus:...Starfire, Steppenwolf w/Desaad, the Joker's Jokerz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:46 am 
User avatar
Joint Unfreezer
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 691
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
red Ricky wrote:
I think we should keep an eye out for JLU at discount outlets like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Big Lots, etc. Basically, I know for a fact that not all of my Target's crappy Captain Atom & Omac stock sold through. They were pulled from the clearance aisle during the last reset, along with a bunch of unsold Roddy Pipers. So I expect them to show up in some very unlikely places. You know, like the Cyclotron/Raven Wave of DC Universe Classics.

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm saying. That refresh case seems like it barely shipped at all. Definitely never made it out here. There must be a bunch of cases in a warehouse somewhere.

_________________
"I'm a rageaholic!!! I'm addicted to rageahol!!!
-Homer Simpson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:43 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 65
All JLU has been salvaged out of Target's system a couple weeks ago. A few singles and 3 packs were on the clearance aisle on Thursday, then disappeared by Friday morning. At first I thought they had lowered the clearance price until I found a couple of singles that were just randomly left in another aisle and, when I tried the scanner, they came up a retail price of $0.00. When I inquired, I got some cryptic explanation with the term 'salvage' implied heavily.
And that, as they say, is that. :(

_________________
To enjoy everything I have a passion for. Especially toys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:31 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1588
Desslock wrote:
All JLU has been salvaged out of Target's system a couple weeks ago. A few singles and 3 packs were on the clearance aisle on Thursday, then disappeared by Friday morning. At first I thought they had lowered the clearance price until I found a couple of singles that were just randomly left in another aisle and, when I tried the scanner, they came up a retail price of $0.00. When I inquired, I got some cryptic explanation with the term 'salvage' implied heavily.
And that, as they say, is that. :(

Were they still available for purchase though?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:10 pm 
User avatar
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2674
Location: Long Island N.Y. USA
I hope everybody at least got the last two 3-packs before Target returned them.
That's right, on Long Island they never went to 50% off. They just sent them all back to the warehouse and replaced them with YJ. :shock: :evil:

_________________
That which does not kill me............BETTER RUN DAMN FAST!
"W" JLU Static Shock, Fire (powered up) & old Volcana
MY SWAP MEET: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19728
AFi Positive Feedback: +198


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:34 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 65
whakojacko1976 wrote:
Desslock wrote:
All JLU has been salvaged out of Target's system a couple weeks ago. A few singles and 3 packs were on the clearance aisle on Thursday, then disappeared by Friday morning. At first I thought they had lowered the clearance price until I found a couple of singles that were just randomly left in another aisle and, when I tried the scanner, they came up a retail price of $0.00. When I inquired, I got some cryptic explanation with the term 'salvage' implied heavily.
And that, as they say, is that. :(

Were they still available for purchase though?


Took a little effort, but I was able to purchase them.

_________________
To enjoy everything I have a passion for. Especially toys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:49 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3053
ed case wrote:
That refresh case seems like it barely shipped at all. Definitely never made it out here. There must be a bunch of cases in a warehouse somewhere.


What exactly was in this mystery refresh case? Chances are, ed case, that I never saw it either since we're both in NJ.

_________________
'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 am 
User avatar
Joint Unfreezer
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 691
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
Howard the Duck wrote:
ed case wrote:
That refresh case seems like it barely shipped at all. Definitely never made it out here. There must be a bunch of cases in a warehouse somewhere.


What exactly was in this mystery refresh case? Chances are, ed case, that I never saw it either since we're both in NJ.


I guess it is possible it did hit and we just didn't notice. It was a mix from the last 2 singles assortments. I specifically remember that the recolored Green Arrow and the Tim Burton Batman were in there because I didn't get them the 1st time around... I think there was also OMAC, and Superman Red/Blue. I can't really recall what else.

_________________
"I'm a rageaholic!!! I'm addicted to rageahol!!!
-Homer Simpson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:16 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1588
Anybody still seeing the singles at TRU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:41 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 65
whakojacko1976 wrote:
Anybody still seeing the singles at TRU?

The one here still has them...for $7.99 each.

_________________
To enjoy everything I have a passion for. Especially toys.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.028s | 10 Queries | GZIP : Off ]