Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:53 am 
Aspires to be #1

I think JLU is officially gone from retail.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:59 am 
my tummy itches

j1h15233 wrote:
I think JLU is officially gone from retail.

It's dead Jim...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 am 
5th Horseman

Every Target in my area has been cleared out for weeks now. They moved fast when clearance was 50% off which put them back at their original prices of $5 for singles, and $10 for 3 packs. Almost nothing lasted beyond that point. Imagine that, price these things at a good value and they fly off the shelves!
I hope that I do find some at the discount shops, because I've got some big gaps from the recent waves.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:51 am 
Knows his stuff

DanMan wrote:
Every Target in my area has been cleared out for weeks now. They moved fast when clearance was 50% off which put them back at their original prices of $5 for singles, and $10 for 3 packs. Almost nothing lasted beyond that point. Imagine that, price these things at a good value and they fly off the shelves!

They disappeared in my neck of the woods almost immediately also. Before the clearance, there were some pegwarmers, but every toyline has those. But the Grey Ghost and BARF packs were very difficult to find. The Livewire and Manhunters sold well too. The Despero pack didn't move that well, but when it went down to $13.98, they disappeared in short order too.

Moral of the story: price your product appropriately.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:15 am 
Fugitive Dust

There is no more searching for JLU at Target (which is a sad thing to some extent) so I guess this is the last "New Finds" thread for JLU. MattyCollector.com is our last source of JLU which is ending this year as well. Hopefully a miracle happens that more JLU figures/sales go into next year!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 am 
serves the Otter

I think we should keep an eye out for JLU at discount outlets like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Big Lots, etc. Basically, I know for a fact that not all of my Target's crappy Captain Atom & Omac stock sold through. They were pulled from the clearance aisle during the last reset, along with a bunch of unsold Roddy Pipers. So I expect them to show up in some very unlikely places. You know, like the Cyclotron/Raven Wave of DC Universe Classics.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:46 am 
Joint Unfreezer

red Ricky wrote:
I think we should keep an eye out for JLU at discount outlets like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Big Lots, etc. Basically, I know for a fact that not all of my Target's crappy Captain Atom & Omac stock sold through. They were pulled from the clearance aisle during the last reset, along with a bunch of unsold Roddy Pipers. So I expect them to show up in some very unlikely places. You know, like the Cyclotron/Raven Wave of DC Universe Classics.

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm saying. That refresh case seems like it barely shipped at all. Definitely never made it out here. There must be a bunch of cases in a warehouse somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:43 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

All JLU has been salvaged out of Target's system a couple weeks ago. A few singles and 3 packs were on the clearance aisle on Thursday, then disappeared by Friday morning. At first I thought they had lowered the clearance price until I found a couple of singles that were just randomly left in another aisle and, when I tried the scanner, they came up a retail price of $0.00. When I inquired, I got some cryptic explanation with the term 'salvage' implied heavily.
And that, as they say, is that. :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:31 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Desslock wrote:
All JLU has been salvaged out of Target's system a couple weeks ago. A few singles and 3 packs were on the clearance aisle on Thursday, then disappeared by Friday morning. At first I thought they had lowered the clearance price until I found a couple of singles that were just randomly left in another aisle and, when I tried the scanner, they came up a retail price of $0.00. When I inquired, I got some cryptic explanation with the term 'salvage' implied heavily.

Were they still available for purchase though?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:10 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

I hope everybody at least got the last two 3-packs before Target returned them.
That's right, on Long Island they never went to 50% off. They just sent them all back to the warehouse and replaced them with YJ. :shock: :evil:

AFi Positive Feedback: +198

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:34 pm 

whakojacko1976 wrote:
Desslock wrote:

Were they still available for purchase though?

Took a little effort, but I was able to purchase them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:49 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

ed case wrote:
That refresh case seems like it barely shipped at all. Definitely never made it out here. There must be a bunch of cases in a warehouse somewhere.

What exactly was in this mystery refresh case? Chances are, ed case, that I never saw it either since we're both in NJ.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Howard the Duck wrote:
ed case wrote:
That refresh case seems like it barely shipped at all. Definitely never made it out here. There must be a bunch of cases in a warehouse somewhere.

What exactly was in this mystery refresh case? Chances are, ed case, that I never saw it either since we're both in NJ.

I guess it is possible it did hit and we just didn't notice. It was a mix from the last 2 singles assortments. I specifically remember that the recolored Green Arrow and the Tim Burton Batman were in there because I didn't get them the 1st time around... I think there was also OMAC, and Superman Red/Blue. I can't really recall what else.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:16 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Anybody still seeing the singles at TRU?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:41 pm 

whakojacko1976 wrote:
Anybody still seeing the singles at TRU?

The one here still has them...for $7.99 each.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next