Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2011 JLU New Finds
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:24 pm 
shirtless hugger

The singles are still at TRUs here. Also $7.99.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:40 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

$7.99 in my area too. That's better than the original price but still... Time to dump 'em.

TRU never gives up lol. I can't believe the number of Jakks WWE figures they have left at my TRU.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:35 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

[img]http://www.arbys.com/assets/templates/arbys/images/JusticeLeague-splash-02.png/img]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:52 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

phenix21 wrote:
[img]http://www.arbys.com/assets/templates/arbys/images/JusticeLeague-splash-02.png/img]

Fixed it for you. :wink:

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:43 am 
Aspires to be #1

It's amazing how much stuff out there still uses this show. Coloring books, kites, backpacks...JLU never dies!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:46 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Picked up the Con packs from the NYCC.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:59 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Just found this out, Toys "R" Us has the last 3-pack that was available at retail on their online store. I was seeing if they had the new Young Justice wave 3 for sale yet (which they don't) and just randomly searched Justice League and saw this. Don't recall seeing this before so this may be old news.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11211619

The case cost $115 and contains:
Grey Ghost 3-Pack
Manhunter 3-Pack
Livewire/Weather Wizard 3-Pack
Demos/Warlord 3-Pack

So anyone that doesn't have them or wants them again, there are only 28 available!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:04 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
An-Gel Sakura wrote:
phenix21 wrote:

Fixed it for you. :wink:

I saw these a couple of weeks ago on Ebay, I just thought they were some over seas thing, I hope my Arby's gets them in,

D.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:24 pm 
Brand Manager

Velocity wrote:
Just found this out, Toys "R" Us has the last 3-pack that was available at retail on their online store. I was seeing if they had the new Young Justice wave 3 for sale yet (which they don't) and just randomly searched Justice League and saw this. Don't recall seeing this before so this may be old news.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11211619

The case cost $115 and contains:
Grey Ghost 3-Pack
Manhunter 3-Pack
Livewire/Weather Wizard 3-Pack
Demos/Warlord 3-Pack

So anyone that doesn't have them or wants them again, there are only 28 available!

BBTS still has one substandard case for a bit less. Thought I'd mention it.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:59 pm 
Fugitive Dust

red Ricky wrote:
BBTS still has one substandard case for a bit less. Thought I'd mention it.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Glad you did. Never a problem helping someone get the figures for a low price.

Although, seeing Toys "R" Us offer them is something that catches my attention. We could possibly be seeing them in stores soon and hopefully new three packs or singles as well. This, in my opinion, makes me believe the JLU news is headed in that direction and Toys "R" Us is the retail store.

Just wanted to point this out:

The description says "Formerly a retailer exclusive" so they point out they were only in stores (not Toy "R" Us of course but Target) and that could be a hint. I don't want to read into it too much and actually I won't but that's just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:24 pm 
ABS

Velocity wrote:
Although, seeing Toys "R" Us offer them is something that catches my attention. We could possibly be seeing them in stores soon and hopefully new three packs or singles as well. This, in my opinion, makes me believe the JLU news is headed in that direction and Toys "R" Us is the retail store.

The description says "Formerly a retailer exclusive" so they point out they were only in stores (not Toy "R" Us of course but Target) and that could be a hint. I don't want to read into it too much and actually I won't but that's just my opinion.

Although it is certainly possible that TRU signed a deal with Matty to now sell JLU, unfortunately this particular listing is not actually a ToysRUs item. ToysRUs has a partnership with Entertainment Earth whereby they allow Entertainment Earth to post some items up on TRU's website to increase exposure. That text actually comes from Entertainment Earth (See: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... r=MTN5867A). They started writing the "Formerly a retailer exclusive" in their descriptions when they got the Omac, Batman Beyond, etc. wave of singles late 2010, so this is not a of harbinger of new JLU. Entertainment Earth puts up any items that have been sitting around for a while up on TRU (like the various women of DC busts, DC Direct figures, and DC Infinite Heroes wave 1's). Unfortunately, this is just Entertainment Earth trying a different marketing avenue to unload product.

Until the announcement from Danielle (Fangirl 2.0), we won't know for sure what the news is. Maybe TRU will be selling new JLU if they really are moving pegs (more likely, though, they have had a stash of old JLU 3-packs and singles in their warehouses that they intend to push for Christmas).

That said, if anyone still needs these 3-packs, both the BBTS and TRU links provided definitely help! BBTS is definitely cheaper right now with shipping. However, if you are a TRU rewards member and purchase this set on Black Friday, TRU will be about $10 cheaper after the coupon, 10% back, and free shipping are factored in.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:40 am 
Fugitive Dust

BlackCanary wrote:
Velocity wrote:

Although it is certainly possible that TRU signed a deal with Matty to now sell JLU, unfortunately this particular listing is not actually a ToysRUs item. ToysRUs has a partnership with Entertainment Earth whereby they allow Entertainment Earth to post some items up on TRU's website to increase exposure. That text actually comes from Entertainment Earth (See: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... r=MTN5867A). They started writing the "Formerly a retailer exclusive" in their descriptions when they got the Omac, Batman Beyond, etc. wave of singles late 2010, so this is not a of harbinger of new JLU. Entertainment Earth puts up any items that have been sitting around for a while up on TRU (like the various women of DC busts, DC Direct figures, and DC Infinite Heroes wave 1's). Unfortunately, this is just Entertainment Earth trying a different marketing avenue to unload product.

Until the announcement from Danielle (Fangirl 2.0), we won't know for sure what the news is. Maybe TRU will be selling new JLU if they really are moving pegs (more likely, though, they have had a stash of old JLU 3-packs and singles in their warehouses that they intend to push for Christmas).

That said, if anyone still needs these 3-packs, both the BBTS and TRU links provided definitely help! BBTS is definitely cheaper right now with shipping. However, if you are a TRU rewards member and purchase this set on Black Friday, TRU will be about $10 cheaper after the coupon, 10% back, and free shipping are factored in.

Thanks for clarfying! That is exactly why I didn't want to get into that description too much. I did read about the connection with Entertainment Earth part but never checked their website, thanks for the link. I agree, we can only wait until Mattel, mostly FanGirl 2.0, announces something.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:49 am 
Collector Inspector

FYI - Stew now has a Rene Montoya Character Kit (by Casimir) on his site.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:11 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.

I managed to get all of these and x2 Superman's for 9.00 bucks or so. The promotion is pretty much gone now, so I am lucky I found these (they are cool looking things, though my Lex one has a tear in the middle of him, even though he was never opened.) Anyways, if anyone of you guys/gals want these, I suggest calling your local Arby's, they just might still have them. :)

D.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:04 pm 
shirtless hugger

Dusty wrote:

I managed to get all of these and x2 Superman's for 9.00 bucks or so. The promotion is pretty much gone now, so I am lucky I found these (they are cool looking things, though my Lex one has a tear in the middle of him, even though he was never opened.) Anyways, if anyone of you guys/gals want these, I suggest calling your local Arby's, they just might still have them. :)

D.

Has anyone scanned these or the first wave in as PDFs?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next