Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Walmart Toy Section Overhaul - NO DCUC!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:18 am 
shirtless hugger

Shellhead wrote:
Might be time to join several of you in the "buy it online" club. There's something in my DNA that makes me loath paying for shipping, but if the space for my lines doesn't even exist in the store . . . what else am I supposed to do? :?

If it helps you justify paying for shipping, the way I look at it is that whatever I pay on shipping is probably what I would have ended up paying on gas to drive around and hunt for things. Plus it saves me the time of having to hunt, and I consider my time to be more valuable than any shipping fee.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:24 am 
declined to be a vampire

And if you can be patient, Amazon is usually free shipping.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:32 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Very true, but I don't use Amazon because of that whole pedophile thing a few months back. They still haven't taken down all the books.

As far as hunting goes, I actually like to hunt. My commute to work is only 5 miles so gas isn't a big issue and I have close to a dozen total Walmarts, Targets, TRU's, etc. within a 10 mile radius. I usually hit stores once a week or so, often while on the way to somewhere else.

I like to pick out the figure I want, checking out paint, etc.

I do recognize the advantage of having stuff shipped right to my door as I do buy from BBTS, eBay, etc. occasionally.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:56 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Joe G. wrote:
the way I look at it is that whatever I pay on shipping is probably what I would have ended up paying on gas to drive around and hunt for things. Plus it saves me the time of having to hunt, and I consider my time to be more valuable than any shipping fee.

That's exactly how I feel. If I can buy what I want online without paying a premium on the cost of the item or crazy shipping fees, I'll do it every time. I wish I was able to preorder everything via BBTS.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 am 
declined to be a vampire

I don't think we want to see this go away from retailers though. At least not in chunks, because if it does, prices will go up at BBTS, etc.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:48 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Oh, that's totally right. I think all the lines I want need to do well at retail, but I'm fine with other people buying them there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:28 pm 
Mint on Card

Well the Walmart around the corner from my house hasn't finished their toy aisle reset yet. I still see the DC Classics but mainly just the numerous Powergirl figures and a few of Wave 11.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:46 pm 
Knows his stuff

mine had 31 pegs of wave 14 yesterday(plus about 10 additional figures just laying on the shelf) so I have to say that they are still there LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 pm 
Smack! Smack! Smack!

Shellhead wrote:
Very true, but I don't use Amazon because of that whole pedophile thing a few months back. They still haven't taken down all the books.

As far as hunting goes, I actually like to hunt. My commute to work is only 5 miles so gas isn't a big issue and I have close to a dozen total Walmarts, Targets, TRU's, etc. within a 10 mile radius. I usually hit stores once a week or so, often while on the way to somewhere else.

I do recognize the advantage of having stuff shipped right to my door as I do buy from BBTS, eBay, etc. occasionally.

Eh, the things Walmart does make Amazon's hosting pedo books seem trivial to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:34 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

My local Walmart dropped Marvel Universe and DC Universe in the new reset also. DCU always sold great here and none were left for me to even know if they went on clearance. That makes 3 Walmarts within local driving distance that now don't carry MU or DCU. I was at the Walmart 20 minutes out of town and they had a case of GL Classics on the pallet, so I guess they're just reducing the amount of Walmarts that carry the Mattel DC product. :x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:27 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

MrBear wrote:
Shellhead wrote:

Eh, the things Walmart does make Amazon's hosting pedo books seem trivial to me.

As a free market capitalist I have no problem with Walmart's business practices or its union busting. :wink:

Carrying books that advocate the snoog of children is a problem for me, however.

But different strokes for different folks. :roll:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:04 am 
An Insider

I'm with shellhead on the amazon thing.

On topic: I looked at the new layout papers at my local Wallyworld and they will continue to carry DCUC despite the fact that wave 12 (especially Iron) hung on the pegs for nearly 6 months. There are still four Irons. I think the record was 9 Irons and 2 Eclipsos for several weeks. I didn't see a spot for GL classics so that is disappointing.

-R

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:04 pm 
Ferret Farmer

One store finished and everything is still there. Plus GLC has it's spot reserved. Not so lucky was another one 20 mins. away. They don't have the space for the GLs and I noticed they've dropped Tron and GI Joe.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:39 pm 
shirtless hugger

Two wallis I normally hit lost DCUC in their reset, a third kept them. However, as a former wal-Martian, I can say tell you that it was not uncommon to receive new modular placements adding back discontinued merchandise immediately after a reset. All may not be lost.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:26 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Just from what I've seen, it appears that Walmart is veering away from a lot of the boys toy lines. Three out of the four Walmarts I frequent don't carry Marvel Universe or G.I. Joe anymore. One doesn't carry DCUC anymore. It just makes the hunt that much more difficult, when you take a major retailer out of the picture.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next