Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Walmart Toy Section Overhaul - NO DCUC!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:21 am 
categorically opposed

My closest Walmart put out a fresh case of Green Lantern Classics for the first time last night right as I got there, so I snagged an extra Low...and they still have the Power Girls and Foragers from a year ago on their shelves at full price.

These guys are definitely still carrying DCUC - or they wouldn't be stocking its spinoff line or trying to hawk old merchandise at full price. If they were done with DCUC, they wouldn't be touching anything related to it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:30 am 
Knows his stuff

MoMoney wrote:
My closest Walmart put out a fresh case of Green Lantern Classics for the first time last night right as I got there, so I snagged an extra Low...and they still have the Power Girls and Foragers from a year ago on their shelves at full price.

These guys are definitely still carrying DCUC - or they wouldn't be stocking its spinoff line or trying to hawk old merchandise at full price. If they were done with DCUC, they wouldn't be touching anything related to it.

That's "YOUR" Walmart... many other Walmarts have reduced toy stock across the nation, and have reduced their toy aisles to 2/1/2 to 3... with most Mattel DC product being gone. However, there are still a "few" Walmarts that are getting new DC stuff still, just a very few though.

Also, keep in mind, GL IS being marketed as a movie blockbuster.. so without a doubt "GL" toys will probably show up every where, along with Thor, Capt. America etc.

Regards,

Geoff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:37 am 
Aspires to be #1

I haven't seen a single Walmart who has stopped carrying DC toys or DCUC specifically.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:40 am 
Collector Inspector

impulse wrote:
My Wal Mart still has about 30 or so pegs full of DCUC. Doesn't look like they have been touched.

Dude, that's crazy. Are they on sale or clearance or anything? I need a Tyr but I can't pay a dime over $16. Acquiring Wave 14, 15 and GLC1 is a rat race. Half the stores carry nothing, and the other half get one case and it's gone in a day or two. I've been able to get some stuff from the past 3 waves but only because I hustle like crazy.

Anyone seeing Wave 15? I'm surprised how hard that has been to find. I've seen remnants here and there, but not yet at Walmart. I saw Raven and GA Starman once very early on with my first sighting, Kmart, in mid- October and never again. I need a Sinestro Batman. Only one of the 6 Walmarts I prowl got Wave 14 and luckily it was the one pretty close to me. The Mall Of America has some DCUC but they're $22. lol...wha?... :?

Also , it's kinda crazy that it's so hard find Kyle Rayner in a store. It's called "Green Lantern" but the kids will never actually see a Green Lantern in this particular line.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:16 am 
Hat Pooper

j1h15233 wrote:
I haven't seen a single Walmart who has stopped carrying DC toys or DCUC specifically.

Then you haven't walked into mine, which hasn't had any for a while. In fact, their action figures are reduced to less than one side of an aisle total and most pegs are empty. They haven't restocked a thing since the middle of December.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:23 am 
categorically opposed

geoffdude wrote:
That's "YOUR" Walmart... many other Walmarts have reduced toy stock across the nation, and have reduced their toy aisles to 2/1/2 to 3... with most Mattel DC product being gone. However, there are still a "few" Walmarts that are getting new DC stuff still, just a very few though.

Did I say anything other than it was my Walmart? No. It's also nice to know that you have some insider info that makes you privvy to the exact, small ("very few") number of locations that are still carrying DC product.

Walmart is still getting an exclusive five-pack and (probably) exclusive wave in 2011, so I'm not exactly worried about the line's future.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:27 am 
Aspires to be #1

Cephus wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

Then you haven't walked into mine, which hasn't had any for a while. In fact, their action figures are reduced to less than one side of an aisle total and most pegs are empty. They haven't restocked a thing since the middle of December.

Sucks for you then but Walmart is not dropping the line as a whole.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:24 pm 
Knows his stuff

j1h15233 wrote:

You need to read thru this thread, and visit other toy boards... many others are finding a DC desert. Good for you though, nice that some still carry the figures.

Regards,

Geoff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:33 pm 
Knows his stuff

MoMoney wrote:
Did I say anything other than it was my Walmart? No. It's also nice to know that you have some insider info that makes you privvy to the exact, small ("very few") number of locations that are still carrying DC product.

Walmart is still getting an exclusive five-pack and (probably) exclusive wave in 2011, so I'm not exactly worried about the line's future.

Chill dude. I'm not taking your toys away.

Your post stated that:
Quote:
These guys are definitely still carrying DCUC - or they wouldn't be stocking its spinoff line or trying to hawk old merchandise at full price. If they were done with DCUC, they wouldn't be touching anything related to it."

Which implies a generality that all Walmarts are still selling the figures, which they are not. The only insider info that I have is my experiences, and what many other people are saying on various toy forums.

It cracks me up when people act as if by discussing this (Walmarts not carrying the line) we are actually increasing the odds of the line being killed or something... :roll:

Regards,

Geoff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:37 pm 
Fugitive Dust

My local WalMarts are still carrying DCUC and GL Classics; they appeared to me to carry more than before as I found the exclusive wave with no troubles this time. All times previous I could not find the exclusive waveand had to order on-line.

Just adding my personal experience to the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:38 pm 
Knows his stuff

funtime3 wrote:
impulse wrote:
My Wal Mart still has about 30 or so pegs full of DCUC. Doesn't look like they have been touched.

Dude, that's crazy. Are they on sale or clearance or anything? I need a Tyr but I can't pay a dime over $16. Acquiring Wave 14, 15 and GLC1 is a rat race. Half the stores carry nothing, and the other half get one case and it's gone in a day or two. I've been able to get some stuff from the past 3 waves but only because I hustle like crazy. .

Nope, all at full price and all wave 14.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:40 pm 
Knows his stuff

j1h15233 wrote:

Sucks for you then but Walmart is not dropping the line as a whole.

See what I mean? ^

La, la, la, la, la... I don't want to hear it... it's not true... my toys are not going away.

Relax, this topic is more about the line vanishing from many Walmarts, not the death of the lein.

Regards,

Geoff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:51 pm 
Knows his stuff

I have 4 Walmarts within a 10 mile radius... 3 have 2 1/2 aisles of toys only. One half of one aisle is action figures for boys, the other half of the same half aisle is die-cast cars. That's one quarter of an aisle of boy toys available. The other side of the same aisle is Legos, remote cars, etc.. Then the other full aisle is one side girls and one side toddlers. The one lone 1/2 aisle is Pool Toys.

In the 1/4 area of boys toys there is only Star Wars, Iron Man, Wrestling, Transformers, Tron and I think Ben 10. That's it for the most part.

The one lone Walmart that does carry DC has DCUC, the 5 packs, and the Mini Heroes and Batman Brave and the bold. This is the ONLY Walmart though... and it also has two more full toy aisles than the other three stores (5 total toy aisles).

Using this as an average area... 3 out of 4 Walmarts are not carrying DC stuff. Your milage may vary, but this is in a high traffic area of So. Calif. so I would think this is a good snap shot of what's going on.

Regards,

Geoff

Last edited by geoffdude on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:01 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Sounds like you need to chill out Geoff instead of taking everyones comments out of context.

One, I don't care what everyone elses Walmarts are doing if all the ones I can visit still carry everything. And two, I said Walmart is not dropping the line which implies that some stores will still be carrying it and not that the entire line is ending.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:06 pm 
Knows his stuff

j1h15233 wrote:
Sounds like you need to chill out Geoff instead of taking everyones comments out of context.

One, I don't care what everyone elses Walmarts are doing if all the ones I can visit still carry everything. And two, I said Walmart is not dropping the line which implies that some stores will still be carrying it and not that the entire line is ending.

I didn't take what anyone said out of context. I NEVER do that.

I replied to your post where it "seems" many, like you, are getting bent out of shape about people posting that various Walmarts are not carrying the line anymore.

If you don't care about what's going on for others, or at most Walmarts, then why post in this thread?

Regards,

Geoff

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next