Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Attention Customizers And JLU Fans
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:37 am 
Aspires to be #1

bat313 wrote:
Yes, Pat, thank you i didn't know his name! Hmmm I don't think there are any JLU bucks with a button up shirt. maybe the shirt and tie body could work. I wonder how big the civilian head really is?

Here's the best screen shot I could grab. Looks like a green shirt with black pants. The rolled up sleeves would be the hard part about it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:46 am 
shirtless hugger

j1h15233 wrote:
bat313 wrote:
Yes, Pat, thank you i didn't know his name! Hmmm I don't think there are any JLU bucks with a button up shirt. maybe the shirt and tie body could work. I wonder how big the civilian head really is?

Here's the best screen shot I could grab. Looks like a green shirt with black pants. The rolled up sleeves would be the hard part about it.

Thanks for the pic! Hmmmm, not sure who would make a good base for him. Nothing says he can't be wearing a jacket or a suite and tie but i sure would like to get close to show accurate. I'll have to think about this one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:50 am 
Aspires to be #1

texgnome1 wrote:
bat313 wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas for what to do with Stripes regular head versus the suite helmet? I was thinking of leaving the Suite complete and throwing the human head on an extra JLU male buck. maybe the buck with Jacket like Mr. Ts? Or do you think he would walk around in a suite and tie like two-face and Bruce Wayne?

Buy two :twisted: . Display one with the robot head, one with the human head. Take the extra human head and stick it on a sanded down Superman body. Repaint it in the red, white and blue stripes to make Stripesy! It's what I plan to do. :D

I think you just sold an extra figure there Tex.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:29 pm 
Collector Inspector

Or use his "human head" to create a Golden Age Stripsey custom!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:53 pm 
Brand Manager

bat313 wrote:
Thanks for the pic! Hmmmm, not sure who would make a good base for him. Nothing says he can't be wearing a jacket or a suite and tie but i sure would like to get close to show accurate. I'll have to think about this one.

I remember seeing a Clark Kent with rolled up sleeves way back when Hasbro had the Animated Superman line. It was one of those "What the f@¢#!!!" moments on account that you could see his Superman blue sleeves sticking out. Anyways, might be worth looking into. But the Golden Age Stripesy is not a bad way to go. Nor would be using the jumpsuit Hal Jordan body from the Green Lantern Secret Origins 3-pack. (Who knows, maybe their heads are compatible.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:08 am 
Wonderdog

red Ricky wrote:
bat313 wrote:

I remember seeing a Clark Kent with rolled up sleeves way back when Hasbro had the Animated Superman line. It was one of those "What the f@¢#!!!" moments on account that you could see his Superman blue sleeves sticking out. Anyways, might be worth looking into. But the Golden Age Stripesy is not a bad way to go. Nor would be using the jumpsuit Hal Jordan body from the Green Lantern Secret Origins 3-pack. (Who knows, maybe their heads are compatible.)

That was a "quick-change" Superman. The shirt/Clark head & chest piece was a snap-on accessory that did not go all the way around, and prevented much arm movement (the way to facilitate the quick change was to rotate his arm) . So probably not so hot for customizing. I say just make the rolled-up sleeves from kneadatite. That's what I'm doing for a Sgt. Rock I'm working on (actually, I plan on sculpting the whole shirt).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:15 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

First, you have to remember that the JLU Superman is actually a little undersized. But you could always just go with the male medium body if you're worried about it. HOWEVER, here are a couple of images that I think show the scale.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:33 am 
Collector Inspector

One of the best issues of All-Star Squadron ever! Two splash pages w/ TONS of Golden Age DC and Quality Comic characters under one roof!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:36 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

tuning4k wrote:
One of the best issues of All-Star Squadron ever! Two splash pages w/ TONS of Golden Age DC and Quality Comic characters under one roof!

Yeah, that splash page is one of my favorites, and that's saying a lot. It's fantastic reference for customizing too. :D

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:40 am 
Collector Inspector

and for pencil art!
Check out the Quality Comics gang in this George Perez homage of mine:
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiec ... Sub=112718

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:07 pm 
Wonderdog

My first 'real' custom, and hopefully the first of many! Just finished him last night. Let me know what you think. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:02 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Ha ha, that's actually a pretty cool Ambush Bug.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:11 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Awesome work and a great use of the parasite head! Have you created a gallery here? Also make sure you head over to Custom Justice to start a gallery. There are some mighty fine people over there who really help you hone your craft with alot of positive re-enforcement! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:43 am 
Wonderdog

Hey, thanks! I don't have a gallery, but I guess I will get one going when I have a couple more things to put in it! I've definitely checked out Custom Justice, and I'll sign up over there as well. Lots of good info on that site.

Up next: Sgt. Rock!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:04 am 
Wonderdog

REALLY nice Ambush Bug, ed!! Great work!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next