Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:00 am 
ABS

Boombot wrote:
BCYa wrote:
Anybody know all the figs coming out in this line? Here's what I know so far

01 - Hal
03- Kilowog
04- Sinestro
05- Green Man
08 - Hannu
09 - Stel
10 - Isamot Kol

Hal (glittery?)
Abin Sur
Tomar Re?

If you're talking about 4", there's also a Max (translucent) Hal, which is out now, and I think a Galius Zed. I think there are a couple I'm forgetting, like Voz. Target has a light-up Hal and Sinestro and I think Tomar too.

There's also a Pilot Hal Jordan and a Maskless Hal Jordan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:11 pm 
ABS

Can we link to other toy sites? Another site has a list of all the figures and it seems pretty accurate with maybe a couple unconfirmed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:31 pm 
MINT!

Boombot wrote:
Can we link to other toy sites? Another site has a list of all the figures and it seems pretty accurate with maybe a couple unconfirmed.

Don't see why not...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:14 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Finally found these (hidden behind the POTC figures) on the shelf at TRU. There was one of each of Kilowog, Green Man, "Max Power" Hal, and 2 Sinestros.

The majority of the display was the hand gauntlet/gun thing (which seemed to impress my son asking if he could add it to his Nerf gun collection).

They had a few of the Quick Change toys as well and 1each of the 6" figures.

It was clearly an issue of "we have no idea what to do with these yet so just shove them onto whatever shelf has room".

Some of the Alien GLs look really nice in the 4" format and I was almost tempted to pick up the Green Man (even though I hate the movie style of these characters) but at $8.99 they are going to stay a very easy pass.

When they eventually hit clearance, I'll probably pick up a few though ... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:32 pm 
MINT!

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
When they eventually hit clearance, I'll probably pick up a few though ... :roll:

They're ringing up at Kmart for $6.99 (see my earlier post). Not sure about Target... I think Walmart is $8.99 too - I read that somewhere. If you're interested in them (can't really tell if you are or not), it seems there may be cheaper options than TRU.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:05 pm 
Collector Inspector

I seriously think my stores have these but they're keeping them in the back and abiding buy some silly, arbitrary, unnecessary, don't- stock-until-May 1st street date. And people are finding them in stores that don't give a rip and are just tossing them out on the shelves before they're in the system or have peg space. :x Ofcourse, I have absolutely no proof of this...it's just wild speculation on my part born from the feverish haze of frustration of driving to every store looking for them. Yes, I'm a tad bit excited for these, so I hope I find them some day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:17 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

suprdave71 wrote:
Boombot wrote:

Don't see why not...

Yes, of course, this is totally ok - any good resources are always welcome!

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:34 pm 
PVC

Do the constructs (particularly the ones in the construct pack) fit JLU?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:58 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

vicodinac wrote:
Do the constructs (particularly the ones in the construct pack) fit JLU?

Mind you I have not seen any of them yet, I would say no, by themselves they should not, but the larger figures like Kilowog sound like they are the same size as a normal JLU and they come with adapter constructs that let them use the construct pieces. You might look at that.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:28 am 
Collector Inspector

The constructs do fit Dc Universe Classics apparently.... Dude on the other site took pictures and everything:

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=68004&start=690

So, I would guess they fit JLU too. Now everyone's going to be buying the 4 inch figs just for the constructs but I actually really want the figures themselves. I still can't find them but my TRU put out a couple of the Movie Masters Hal/tomar and Hal Abin 2 packs. whoopee.

And don't forget there's the TRU exclusive construct pack...so you don't feel like you have to buy the figures just to get the constructs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:33 am 
An Insider

funtime3 wrote:
The constructs do fit Dc Universe Classics apparently.... Dude on the other site took pictures and everything:

On those particular pics he actually completely removed Hals hand and stuck the constructs on the stub, but if you get the larger 4 inch figures like Kilowag they come with an adapter that has a small bump on the end so you can attach the other constructs. If you have the adapter than they will fit DCUC without removing the hand.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:09 am 
Collector Inspector

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
funtime3 wrote:

On those particular pics he actually completely removed Hals hand and stuck the constructs on the stub, but if you get the larger 4 inch figures like Kilowag they come with an adapter that has a small bump on the end so you can attach the other constructs. If you have the adapter than they will fit DCUC without removing the hand.

I do see that on Hal in the first pic, you're right, but "Green Man's gun construct fits right on a DCUC hand". He says so in the description and you can see it on Sodom Yat. He puts the same gun on Hal in the fourth pic.

What I get from it is that the constructs from the large guys like Kilowog and Green man fit okay on the DCUC hands and the regular guy constructs need to be put on stumps.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:17 am 
MINT!

I think a big factor in how well the 4" figures will sell is their price. "Well, *duh*" -- I know :lol: ... But I think part of DCIH's demise was the $9 price hike they saw last year. Many moms (and even collectors) were quick to pass those up because they simply aren't worth that much. I'll be interested to see how well Target, Meijers and Kmart do with the figs at $7 vs TRU's $9 price point.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:22 pm 
Collector Inspector

I was reading the TNI Forum, and some dude found a couple cases of 4 inch figures at K-Mart, and the stocker made him put them back because they had a MAY 1, 2011 street date printed on the box. So lame. Stupid street dates. Really Mattel, who cares? Just put them out. I guess I'll suspend my hunting until next week. Dang, I want these.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:34 pm 
MINT!

funtime3 wrote:
I was reading the TNI Forum, and some dude found a couple cases of 4 inch figures at K-Mart, and the stocker made him put them back because they had a MAY 1, 2011 street date printed on the box. So lame. Stupid street dates. Really Mattel, who cares? Just put them out. I guess I'll suspend my hunting until next week. Dang, I want these.

Funtime, you crack me up. Every time I read your posts I think you're the only guy who's more excited about these than me. Just think, next week we can relax and set up our displays! Ha!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 49  Next