Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie Basic Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:18 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

suprdave71 wrote:
[If we buy them all up, do they sit in their board meetings and say, "See? The schmucks do't care about quality, articulation, yada yada yada. They'll buy them if we make them, just like those JLU collectors have for years!" Then we're stuck with 5 points of articulation because they can get away with it.

They can get away with it because we are NOT 80% of the sales...moms are.

Moms buy them up because they don't give a crap about articulation. Junior wants a Green Lantern figure with some "bad guys" to fight...so she buys them. Kids use their imagination and don't care if it's a hinge joint or a ball joint.

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:19 am 
Aspires to be #1

marillion wrote:
suprdave71 wrote:
[If we buy them all up, do they sit in their board meetings and say, "See? The schmucks do't care about quality, articulation, yada yada yada. They'll buy them if we make them, just like those JLU collectors have for years!" Then we're stuck with 5 points of articulation because they can get away with it.

Moms buy them up because they don't give a crap about articulation. Junior wants a Green Lantern figure with some "bad guys" to fight...so she buys them. Kids use their imagination and don't care if it's a hinge joint or a ball joint.

Peace,

Chip

I'm a collector and I don't care either. I'd rather they look good than have 400 points of articulation.

Post subject: Re: Toy Fair 2011 - Green Lantern thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:08 am 
An Insider

I'm not sure these are street dated because EE has series one in stock and for sale. If there was an issue surely they would have taken them down by now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:49 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

The implication in Matty's statement as I understand it was that all product (not just action figures) should be on a store shelf by no later than May 1. Of course given the historical performance of Mattel and it's distributors, that shelf will probably not be anywhere near you... :roll:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:53 am 

j1h15233 wrote:
I'm a collector and I don't care either. I'd rather they look good than have 400 points of articulation.

I mostly agree with this. I would like some decent articulation so that they can at least be posed interrestingly.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:03 am 
Aspires to be #1

The only good news for me in this entire GL product push, is that we'll get our DCUC 12 in. Hal at TRU.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:58 am 
ABS

marillion wrote:

Exactly, and the truth is, when I was a kid I didn't care either if it just had that simple articulation. I just wanted the different characters and a cool looking figure. And it mattered more to me to get a solid figure of a character I liked than an over articulated one that lost it's stability after minimal play.

I honestly do remember that when I got one of the first super articulated Spider-man, that I played with it so much the joints got loose and it was practically a rag doll.

When it comes down to it, I don't blame Mattel for doing what they are doing. Their end goal is to be as profitable as they can.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:53 am 

I remember when a wire would break in my Matt Mason bendy figures. I think at one time I even tried putting new wires in to repair them.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:27 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

LordMudd wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

I mostly agree with this. I would like some decent articulation so that they can at least be posed interrestingly.

CCC.

Articulation all the way.

DCUC is pretty good, but it could use more (especially wrists and rocker ankles). DCD doesn't have enough. MOTUC is good.

Hasbro's 3.75 SW and Joes are just about perfect. I think they've made decent strides with ML and I'm very curious what the 2012 line will look like.

If I want a very nice 3D version of a character, I buy a bust or statue of them (although that's becoming a bit cost prohibitive).

I will admit some of the Toybiz ML figures let the articulation get in the way a bit, but many of them were excellent.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:33 pm 
Collector Inspector

Is anyone actually finding these with info and photos to share? All I know is a big island display showed up at Toys R Us in Indianapolis with MM's at $14.99 and the Basics at $8.99.

I'm all ready to hop in my car and get the 4 inch figures but my TRUs are a bit of trek and I don't know how widespread these are hitting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:39 pm 
ABS

funtime3 wrote:
Is anyone actually finding these with info and photos to share? All I know is a big island display showed up at Toys R Us in Indianapolis with MM's at $14.99 and the Basics at $8.99.

I'm all ready to hop in my car and get the 4 inch figures but my TRUs are a bit of trek and I don't know how widespread these are hitting.

Same here, I don't think they've been found anywhere else. I called my TRU and they said they didn't have them in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:17 pm 

So I stopped at TRU over the weekend and on my way out a manager said "Where are you going? You can't leave empty-handed." So I asked her where the GL movie merchandise was and she said one guy came in earlier in the week and cleaned them out, but they would be getting more, so I ask where the empty display was and she said they folded it up and put it in the back. Does she really think I am as stupid as she obviously is? If the display was out and more stock was coming in for it, you don't take it down. You want people to see you have it and will be getting more in. Besides, I do not believe one guy would walk in to that store and buy everythink GL just because. Maybe over at the Galleria, but not here.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:30 pm 
Aspires to be #1

LordMudd wrote:
So I stopped at TRU over the weekend and on my way out a manager said "Where are you going? You can't leave empty-handed." So I asked her where the GL movie merchandise was and she said one guy came in earlier in the week and cleaned them out, but they would be getting more, so I ask where the empty display was and she said they folded it up and put it in the back. Does she really think I am as stupid as she obviously is? If the display was out and more stock was coming in for it, you don't take it down. You want people to see you have it and will be getting more in. Besides, I do not believe one guy would walk in to that store and buy everythink GL just because. Maybe over at the Galleria, but not here.

CCC.

Maybe they just put it up because they didn't want people staring at an empty display for weeks. Who knows how long it would be before Mattel got them another shipment....if ever.

Last edited by j1h15233 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:56 pm 
ABS

Now some dude in Ohio is selling them for a ridiculous price on ebay.

The midwest again, come on Illinois!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 pm 
MINT!

LordMudd wrote:

CCC.

That was actually a pretty entertaining story! I don't know whether or not they would put the display away, but the idea that one dude came in and bought up their entire stock is just ridiculous. One of those displays must contain thousands of dollars worth of figures. And as anxious as I am to get them, I don't think there's any sort of demand like that...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 49  Next