Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:57 am 
Loose, Missing Package

RE: stands for GL movie figures- yes, the DCUIH stands do work with the GL figures.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:16 pm 
ABS

LordMudd wrote:
funtime3 wrote:

3 guardians. Good enough I guess.

4 if you count "Krona." I don't see that as Krona because he never looked like that in the books, or the video, so it can be just a random Guardian.

CCC.

Indeed. It is quite on model with the GL movie's Appa Ali Apsa.

Check http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14514 (New entries! - July 10, 2012)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:23 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

The first to receive a ring was not the first Lantern... but was the first of the 4 to get a figure. :mrgreen:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Zim wrote:
haven't had any issues with any of these in my area except Krona which i saw only once. Hope Wally GL 2pk 4-6 is available in abundance.

I have been making near-daily stops in not just any Wal-Mart I happen to pass but also Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc with the hopes of stumbling across Guardians 4-6. I have seen pics of the figures and packaging on review sites but have yet to see one anywhere actually for sale.

I know nothing of the industry at all and am just assuming these were not mass-produced as the film and line faltered. Anyone in the know who can predict if we'll ever see these dumped at discounters or if the review samples may be the only ones that made it out? Like my 8th grade buddy's phantom girlfriend, I've read claims these exist "in Canada" but cannot believe none come across the border via eBay or Amazon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:35 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

gogmagog wrote:
Zim wrote:
haven't had any issues with any of these in my area except Krona which i saw only once. Hope Wally GL 2pk 4-6 is available in abundance.

I have been making near-daily stops in not just any Wal-Mart I happen to pass but also Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc with the hopes of stumbling across Guardians 4-6. I have seen pics of the figures and packaging on review sites but have yet to see one anywhere actually for sale.

I know nothing of the industry at all and am just assuming these were not mass-produced as the film and line faltered. Anyone in the know who can predict if we'll ever see these dumped at discounters or if the review samples may be the only ones that made it out? Like my 8th grade buddy's phantom girlfriend, I've read claims these exist "in Canada" but cannot believe none come across the border via eBay or Amazon.

Mattel has stated that the last 3 Guardian packs are already in Walmart's possession. What Walmart is going to do with them, who knows (I really expected to see another display with the DVD release, figured that's where they'd be).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:30 pm 
Cold-cast

Oh good. If that's the case then all we have to do is wait for all the current GL stuff to sell and...... oh crap. :|

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:20 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Titan Speck wrote:
Oh good. If that's the case then all we have to do is wait for all the current GL stuff to sell and...... oh crap. :|

At this point I'm kind of expecting something like the blowout prices after Jurassic Park 3 toys bombed. Walmart got in tons more (some items bundled together) with stuff that hadn't gotten released in the first run. Maybe that will be the toyline for the animated series (at least for a while).

BTW, did Salaak get a number for the basic line or was he planned to just be in the 4-pack? Any numbers past 20?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:24 am 
Collector Inspector

Salaak.

SALAAAAAAK!

No luck. I've been waiting for a sale. I go to one Target and they actually have come to their senses and are clearing out some GL stuff. I find a 4 pack for $9.00 (!!) but it's the Kilowog 4-pack.

I go to another Target and they have 4 (!!) Salaak packs. $29.99.

I'll just have to keep trying. I'm trying to understand why a lot of Targets are holding on to all this GL stuff, but I guess there's just nothing to take its place at the moment. I wish I could get that pack on clearance. I don't want to spend more than $10 for one 4-inch figure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:39 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

funtime3 wrote:
Salaak.

SALAAAAAAK!

No luck. I've been waiting for a sale. I go to one Target and they actually have come to their senses and are clearing out some GL stuff. I find a 4 pack for $9.00 (!!) but it's the Kilowog 4-pack.

I go to another Target and they have 4 (!!) Salaak packs. $29.99.

I'll just have to keep trying. I'm trying to understand why a lot of Targets are holding on to all this GL stuff, but I guess there's just nothing to take its place at the moment. I wish I could get that pack on clearance. I don't want to spend more than $10 for one 4-inch figure.

Probably depends on the Manager you get but I convinced them to sell it to me for $10.98. At least as of a couple weeks ago that was the online clearance price for the Salaak 4-pack. It's out of stock online, of course, but clicking thru "find in a store near me" led me to my local Target. The Manager first argued that the store will not match the online price (which is ludicrous anyway) but I countered that their own iPhone app showed me the product at that price and directed me to them where the app did not indicate that the price would be different. She caved. I only wish now I'd purchased all four they had at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:57 am 
Collector Inspector

Thanks for the tip, gogmagog, that's pretty neat. I have bad luck with talking down prices. I'm such a wimp. I'm going to keep watching those packs and hope they get marked down in a few weeks but I'm afraid Target with hold onto them. They held on to Tron stuff forever.

I could probably live without those last 3 Guardians , but I gotta have Salaak.

Anyone get the construct Helicopter ? I just remembered I have it. Got it for $10.99 at Walmart. I think I'll open it and try it out later. It might be one of my favorite toys from the line.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:35 am 
Brand Manager

Jim_Abell wrote:
Titan Speck wrote:

At this point I'm kind of expecting something like the blowout prices after Jurassic Park 3 toys bombed.

Is there a chance they could go for less than $3.40 each???

Anyways... I'm only asking because I'm still holding out on Hannu. Basically, I can't bring myself to buy a paperweight with a Green Lantern sticker on its belly. But I wouldn't mind paying around $2 for another construct adapter (if you catch my drift.)

So if there's a chance prices will go down even further, please let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:38 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

red Ricky wrote:
Is there a chance they could go for less than $3.40 each???

Anyways... I'm only asking because I'm still holding out on Hannu. Basically, I can't bring myself to buy a paperweight with a Green Lantern sticker on its belly. But I wouldn't mind paying around $2 for another construct adapter (if you catch my drift.)

So if there's a chance prices will go down even further, please let me know.

It's just a guess on my part, but if Walmart already has the last 3 Guardian sets in possession then I'm kind of expecting a GL movie blow-out of some sort. The JP3 stuff, if I'm remembering correctly, started showing up about 6 months to a year after the line had disappeared and the basic figures were in bundles of two for less than a single was originally, I want to say $4. But... that was years ago, a lot has changed since then so it's really just a hunch more than any insight into how the company works today.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:14 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Here are a couple of pics I took last night.

So now I have a question...How many different 1/18 scale GLC members do you have, not counting multiple versions of Hal, Guy and John- one version per character?

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:02 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

LordMudd wrote:
So now I have a question...How many different 1/18 scale GLC members do you have, not counting multiple versions of Hal, Guy and John- one version per character?

I ended up with a baker's dozen plus four Guardians (one of the fallen variety). I had bought all I could find - the full line of 20 plus the Copter, Constructs, Guardian 3-packs, etc but, whatever type of anal collector you call me, I kept them all in the packages.

Made a daily Wal-Mart stop in the hopes of Guardians 4-6 tonight and happened across a trove of all 20 figures (not the usual Wal-Mart 1-16) AND the Salaak set on clearance and snatched up all the individuals without any repaints so I could tear the suckers open. Grabbed the Parallax, too, because it looked too fun to pass up. Anyway, for a c-note on payday, it feels worth it (now have to convince the wife). Say what you will about the line, the end result is not a bad looking Corps.

"Everyone squeeze together....a little closer..."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:57 am 
Brand Manager

Hi guys! I finally came back (end of my vacation :cry: ) to home.

I was expecting a lot of news, and I was hoping that the final 3 guardians have make it to the shelves. I'm really happy that I got that ganthet from Ebay when I had the chance.

That Salaak looks really cool.

Really nice Emerald Knights custom Lord.

welcome aboard GogMagog :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 49  Next