Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:14 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Quote:
Basic figures. Each basic figure comes with a construct accessory. The larger characters like Kilowog or Voz come with a "construct adaptor" letting their larger hand sink up with any standard size construct. There will be a total of 20 figures including a few Hal variants. But this is the bulk of your figure selection. Each figure also includes a kid sized ring.

I have seen pics of 11 non-Hal GLs. This means that there will be 7 Hal figures.
Quote:
Only at Wal-Mart:

-GL Action League Mini collection. 6 different packs in movie and comic style.

-GL Guardian 2 packs. Pairing of a redeco basic figure with an all new Guardian figure. Also includes Power Batter accessories! 6 packs in the assortment.

-GL Battle Breakouts Helicopter. Split this construct helicopter into ten hand held construct weapons and build the helicopter again! Comes with an exclusive Hal Jordan in "comic book" inspired deco (i.e. he has white gloves in this deco!).

This means the Walmart 2 packs are first, then 6 singles at MSRP of $8.99. No price on the 2 packs yet. I am waiting on the Guardian figures before starting my Oa playset. Then the construct pack. My only use for extra Hal figures is if they customize easily. I will probably pass on the vehicles unless they turn up later at discount.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:14 pm 
Collector Inspector

LordMudd wrote:
funtime3 wrote:
Awesome. Toy Guru straight-up describes in detail every Green Lantern sku. Check it out:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=4831004165&f=2131094575&m=8231000196&r=8211093196#8211093196

I'm in for the 4 inch basic figures all the way (where are they?! still looking), a few Battle Shifters, A few Movie Masters, The Toys R Us Construct Pack (Amazing. Love this one), Walmart Exclusive Guardian packs ( 6 in all, must have for me).

I'm really surprised there's no life-size light-up Lantern ( like the Light-up Thor movie hammer). It seems like that would be a no-brainer. I was really hoping to get something like that for the kids and halloween costume role-play and also for a home-made Oa playset. Anyway, lots of good stuff. I hope I see them on store shelves some day.

There is a chance, after all, the plan is for a trilogy in order to keep Ryan from playing Deadpool.

CCC.

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo...(Thinks about a Deadpool movie some more....) NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:39 pm 
MINT!

Was at Kmart tonight. There were two boxes of GL 4" figures sitting on a cart in the toy section, so I helped myself to one, and opened it up. :lol: They look terrific, I have to say, especially the alien dudes. I price checked them, and they came up $6.99. But alas, I was blocked at checkout because they wouldn't ring up due to the May 1 release date. The girls at the checkout counter tried so hard to be accommodating, too... They kept saying, is this a movie? When does it come out? So cute... And I played dumb and said, "that's okay, I'll just keep checking back".

Stel is fun, even though he's not movie accurate. It even says "early concept design" or something like that on the back of his card. I didn't try for any of the guys who will come in the Walmart Guardian 2-packs, but I really wanted Isamot Kol and Stel.

The 8 figures in the box were Hal, glittery Hal (can't remember the variant's name), Abin Sur, Sinestro, 2 Kilowogs, Stel and Isamot Kol.

EDIT*** I forgot about Hannu! He was there too, but no Tomar Re, which surprised me...

Last edited by suprdave71 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:15 pm 

So these are locked out until May 1 or is that just a store thing?

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:58 pm 
MINT!

LordMudd wrote:

CCC.

Their registers wouldn't allow them to ring up the figures, or even override the computer to sell them to me (they were more than happy to). So apparently the May 1 thing is real, depending on the retailer.

BTW, what's your approach to making an Oa playset?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:07 am 

suprdave71 wrote:
LordMudd wrote:

CCC.

Their registers wouldn't allow them to ring up the figures, or even override the computer to sell them to me (they were more than happy to). So apparently the May 1 thing is real, depending on the retailer.

BTW, what's your approach to making an Oa playset?

Bear in mind, dimensions are subject to getting the figures. A half cylinder about 8" tall and 10" in diameter. The flat side folds down and the top folds down from that. The main battery is mounted to the inside of the top and fits inside the semicircle when folded up. Guardians sit on top of the semicircle, GLs stand below. The basic design would double for the main hall of the LSH where they always had tryouts, minus the power battery of course.

Alternately I have started considering a suspended translucent ring, but if I do that, I need a concealed way to light it.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:53 am 
MINT!

Sounds slick! Love to see pictures when you're finished.

The figures looked smaller than I expected them to. I know they're a bit larger than DCIH from comparison pics in that thread, but they are still teeny little buggers! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:34 pm 
Displays Backwards

Anybody know all the figs coming out in this line? Here's what I know so far

01 - Hal
03- Kilowog
04- Sinestro
05- Green Man
08 - Hannu
09 - Stel
10 - Isamot Kol

Hal (glittery?)
Abin Sur
Tomar Re?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:43 pm 
Unbreakable

I was kind of wondering the line-up too as I'm getting closer and closer to wanting these. I've got some DCIH Manhunters that need a serious green beatdown. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:51 pm 
MINT!

Checked out the Gabriel Brothers in North Canton, OH today. All they had left were Hal and Sinestro, so I passed... I'm going to get those two in their Walmart Guardian two-packs.

I wish more GL stuff was out right now. I wanted to get something from the movie to put in my son's Easter basket! Oh well, we'll be swimming in merch in a little over a week.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:28 pm 

I will be out tomorrow. I will be surprised not to find anything out for the Easter weekend. So far a dry hole here.
Matty has said about 20 figures and I have seen pics of at least 11 aliens and the Guardian, which leaves about 8 slots for Hal variations.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:07 am 
ABS

BCYa wrote:

01 - Hal
03- Kilowog
04- Sinestro
05- Green Man
08 - Hannu
09 - Stel
10 - Isamot Kol

Hal (glittery?)
Abin Sur
Tomar Re?

If you're talking about 4", there's also a Max (translucent) Hal, which is out now, and I think a Galius Zed. I think there are a couple I'm forgetting, like Voz. Target has a light-up Hal and Sinestro and I think Tomar too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:50 am 

Boombot wrote:
BCYa wrote:

01 - Hal
03- Kilowog
04- Sinestro
05- Green Man
08 - Hannu
09 - Stel
10 - Isamot Kol

Hal (glittery?)
Abin Sur
Tomar Re?

If you're talking about 4", there's also a Max (translucent) Hal, which is out now, and I think a Galius Zed. I think there are a couple I'm forgetting, like Voz. Target has a light-up Hal and Sinestro and I think Tomar too.

I have seen nothing at Target except an endcap of Imaginext, which looked pretty good but not quite in my scale. As for the rest, not even designated space. They had an empty hole for 2 weeks for Thor figures while other stores had the figures.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:17 pm 

Still naught but a black pit of despair, but there is a light of hope glimmering on the horizon. The kid restocking at Walmart said they are on the list to come in sometime this week.

All will be well, all will be well, all will be well...

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:19 pm 
active in the community

I was hoping these figures had better articulation because me as a collector I only collect the 4" figures for space pruposes as they take up alot less room.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 49  Next