Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Matty Collector 9/15 Sale
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:47 am 
ABS

I got in at 12:15pm, and got a Batman Beyond. Easy. Anyone else get anything today?

Post subject: Re: Matty Collector 9/15 Sale
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:04 am 
shirtless hugger

I got Superboy and the three Super Powers figures. I was going to grab the two Ghostbusters two-packs, but at $50 each, they pushed me past my budget for this month. I'll get them somewhere down the line.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:12 am 
Damage Control

Got an order for the Super Powers Wonder Woman for the wife with no problem.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:12 am 
An Insider

I grabbed the DCUC Superboy, DCTH Batman Beyond, DCUC Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Batman tv show cowl. Expensive month for sure. I was going to grab the GB 2 packs when I thought they were $25 but at $50 I have no need for removable packs if I don't have an Ecto 1.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:13 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Thanks for the reminder! I popped over for the Super Powers figures and Conner Kent. I'm glad they weren't sold out!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:41 am 
ABS

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
I grabbed the DCUC Superboy, DCTH Batman Beyond, DCUC Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Batman tv show cowl. Expensive month for sure. I was going to grab the GB 2 packs when I thought they were $25 but at $50 I have no need for removable packs if I don't have an Ecto 1.

Are you going to try the cowl on?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:42 am 
ABS

GregNYC wrote:
Thanks for the reminder! I popped over for the Super Powers figures and Conner Kent. I'm glad they weren't sold out!

I remembered, but time got away from me. I looked up & it was 12:15. I quickly got to the site. I figured there wouldn't be a sell out that quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:47 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Picked up Super Powers Wonder Woman x2 (one is for my wife, whose b-day is this Thursday), Rio Blast and Connor Kent from Matty today. That's the most I've gotten from them in a very long while.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:14 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Yeah, the ghostbuster 2 packs were listed as $25 each up until today (or the last couple days, been a while since I checked). That made it an easy pass for me. If they're still available next month when mxyzptlk comes out and I have more disposable income I might think about it to combine shipping, but $100 for 4 figures I already have that aren't even going to get the vehicle they were retooled to fit in? Um, no. They don't even come with ghosts.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:27 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Grabbed three super powers sets, a jitsu during early access, a second rio blast, a Conner Kent and two entraptas.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:20 am 
Mint on Card

Picked up Rio Blast and had no issues.

I was tempted by Batman Beyond.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:44 am 
An Insider

starks wrote:
Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:

Are you going to try the cowl on?

I'm sure I will, lol. I have a prop replica collection and already have the belt so I don't plan on cosplaying with it or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:38 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I picked up the DCUC Superboy figure. That's it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:05 am 
Resin

Well, I got my DC Universe Signature Series Superboy from MattyCollector yesterday. Obviously, the body of this figure is from the planned Young Justice Superboy that never happened. Fine and well, I don't have a problem with that. But the headsculpt -- YEESH!

I never thought I'd see the Four Horsemen goof up something this badly, but this is pretty awful. I know the prototype pretty much looked like this, but I guess I thought that maybe there would be some refinement between that and the production figure. Hey, it's happened before. Maybe I should've known better.

When I think of the Connor Kent Superboy, artwise, I suppose I'm thinking of how he was drawn by Tom Grummett, or maybe Phil Jimenez in "Infinite Crisis", or George Perez in "Legion of 3 Worlds". I don't know who the Horsemen might've used for reference for this sculpt, but it sure wasn't any of those guys.

The ears stick out, the nose is too long, the eyes are ridiculously small and beady, and they almost look swollen. And what's up with those eyebrows? It's almost as if they took every negative facial trait of a teenager heading into adulthood and slapped it onto this figure, but really it's worse than that. It's just ugly, especially the eyes. It sort of looks like they used the Superboy-Prime figure as a starting point -- and at least he was a bad guy -- and then made it worse.

It's bad enough that this line is nearing its end, when there's so much more that could be done with it. But this character deserved better than this. If the line were to ever continue, I think I'd recommend to the Horsemen that whomever was responsible for this not be allowed to do any further headsculpts. Because this one just isn't very good, and that's very unfortunate.

I'm not sorry that I got the figure, because I want to support the line, even in its final days, but still...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:38 pm 
An Insider

I just got my figures in today and I have to say I am very disappointed in how my Super Powers figures arrived. The card on each one was badly bent even though the white outer boxes were mint! I was considering keeping these MOC but not now.