Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: GL:TAS + Mattel = possible JLU tie-in line!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:56 pm 
Brand Manager

grtwhitecustoms wrote:
After watching the show I am ready for the figures!! Really liked the designs especially Razor and Atrocitus!

Me, too. Plus, I liked how Hal's hair looked (I hope that Mattel incorporates it in their design). By the way.... as I was watching the show... and I was seeing the Bruce Timm style in this type of form for the first time... I couldn't help but feel so proud and happy about my collection.

It was like watching Toy Story for the first time. And as a kid. But with it having the toys/characters/figures that I truly love, that is... instead of Woody & Mr.Potato. And it was awesome!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:20 am 
Collector Inspector

I also think there is a good case for Mattel keeping these figures in JLU scale. When Hal's ring ran out of power, he looked just like the Hal Jordan SDCC exclusive figure (only in a grey flight suit instead or orange).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:56 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

And the ship design was so "toyetic" it was like Mattel designed the damn thing.

But I still want it when it eventually gets made.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:21 pm 
3 3/4"

I finally had a chance to watch this today...awesome. Bring the toys on.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:44 am 
Kool Moe Dee

I have a feeling that the Justice League news for 2012 is going to be "Hey kids these Green Lantern figures are in the same style as your JLU figures, go buy them!"

It doesn't mean we won't see a few of the missing characters squeezed into the GL line, but having them released on their own seems pretty unlikely at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:58 am 
Collector Inspector

I do find it interesting that Mongul prototypes keep popping up on eBay, listed as JLU AND Green Lantern prototypes. Evidence that he may be released in the GL TAS line? I haven't noticed Blue Beetle or Micron showing up with "Green Lantern" being mentioned...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:51 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

tuning4k wrote:
I do find it interesting that Mongul prototypes keep popping up on eBay, listed as JLU AND Green Lantern prototypes. Evidence that he may be released in the GL TAS line? I haven't noticed Blue Beetle or Micron showing up with "Green Lantern" being mentioned...

I have been thinking the same thing. I've seen mongul and vandal savage popping up but noone else..... Hhhhhmmmm. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:38 pm 
Mint on Card

I checked today and I saw another Mongul.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:43 am 
Wonderdog

Mongul is a completely logical villain for this series, especially with its "Hal and Kilowog are trapped alone on the other side of the galaxy" premise. I would hope the writers have enough sense to use him, and that Mattel has enough sense to follow through with the figure!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:16 am 
shirtless hugger

Tom2814 wrote:
Mongul is a completely logical villain for this series, especially with its "Hal and Kilowog are trapped alone on the other side of the galaxy" premise. I would hope the writers have enough sense to use him, and that Mattel has enough sense to follow through with the figure!

But what are the odds they use the JLU character design though? They already drastically changed Kilowog. I'm hoping they figure out away to include the remaining JLU in the GL line without needing them to appear on the show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:05 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'm going to hold out hope that these figures will be so much like Jlu that it will be a seamless transition to the new line. I can see Mongul being part of the line..even if it's only branded GL classics.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:41 am 
Collector Inspector

bat313 wrote:
But what are the odds they use the JLU character design though? They already drastically changed Kilowog. I'm hoping they figure out away to include the remaining JLU in the GL line without needing them to appear on the show.

Yes but Hal Jordan looked just like the SDCC Hal Jordan figure. They only changed his orange flight suit to gray. Same figure, different paint job. Sounds like Mattel SOP to me. Slap a mask on the JLU Hal Jordan head, stick it on the Sinestro body and boom. This really should be a no brainer to the folks at Mattel.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:20 am 
Brand Manager

I wouldn't worry about Mongul. He is more associated with the Sinestro Corps side of the equation and that probably won't be a factor until the second season. Plus, if you follow Bruce Timm's work, you know that he sticks to the source material more often than not.

Besides, compared to other villains, Mongul is not that well known. So if you deviate too much from the source material, half the people are going to wonder 'why Darkseid has yellow skin?!?!'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8