Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Last JLU Requests - the final 3 pack (Volcana/Aqua/Granny)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I am so impressed with Mattel releasing the final JLU three packs, let's make sure that's clear. I think it's terrific that they went the extra mile and didn't let them all collect dust in the back of some closet. We'll be getting some great figures, and I can't wait to buy them!

I also understand that this is "The End" of JLU. It's right there on the packages! So, don't worry, I'm not deluding myself here...

...BUT!

Never one ending without two...so never two without three, right? Scott/Toy Guru said in a Q&A recently that he'd have loved to see Granny Goodness made in this line. I completely agree, and even wrote a thread about it a while back. And since Volcana isn't going to be shuffled into these final three packs, and some folks are still wishing they'd found a traditional Aquaman...I had a vision:

A Volcana (with translucent hair), Aquaman (in classic colors) and new Granny Goodness figure three pack, for 50 bucks.

Two of those figures already exist and have molds, and folks are already paying double that for just one of either of them....and Granny would make a sensational figure, and terrific tribute to Ed Asner, who has left such a permanent stamp on the character I doubt anyone else will ever be able to compare. Mattel has already batted around the idea of selling these three packs for 50, and thankfully thought better.

But offering two impossible-to-find figures along with a new one for 50? That sounds...well pretty fair.

So, if that dream floats your boat, if you think it would be swell and want to voice some support, please post in this thread and say so! If you'd like to be negative, kindly keep it to yourself. As already stated, this is just a final little fantasy for JLU. I know for us fans, we'll always be dreaming of that one or two figures that were never even made...but I think these could very well someday make it out there, if we let Mattel know we'd be game :)

And Again - THANK YOU Toy Guru/Mattel/Fans who pushed so hard to get these last three packs made. I don't for a second want this thread to suggest that I'm not happy with what we're getting!

Post subject: Re: Last JLU Requests - the final 3 pack (Volcana/Aqua/Grann
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:11 am 
Collector Inspector

While I think it'll never happen, I'd put money down for that three pack three times over (always good to have custom fodder).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:22 am 
Aspires to be #1

I'd buy it, but it won't happen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:29 am 
5th Horseman

add me to the supportive yet cynical list. Of course I'd purchase. Of course it's a dream.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:30 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Put me down for one of those "never-in-a-million-years-will-it-happen-but-man-wouldn't-it-just-be-incredible-if-it-did" packs as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:31 am 
Aspires to be #1

I think most of the people on this site would say yes to just about any JLU offering haha. It's a shame that it can't keep going with a sub or something.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:34 am 
Cold-cast

I'd rather have a Savage Time Batman to go with Vandal. Having said that, I would buy any new JLU that would come out.

It may not be this year, or next year, but someday Mattel or DC Collectibles will wise up and give the Timm DC figures a reboot. Super powers lasted three years, and came back with the DC Classics figures. JLU lasted 10...and left some unfinished business and unexplored potential. Hopefully it won't take 20 years.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:43 am 
Collector Inspector

One of the last JLU surveys listed the following as the most wanted figures:

Top Ten
1. Granny Goodness
2. Circe
3. Owlman (CSA)
4. Robin (Supoer Friends/Dick Grayson)
5. GL Kai Ro
6. Catman (Justice Guild)
7. Johnny Quick
8. Firefly (hey! We got one!)

and tied for the last two spots were

Barda (Batman Beyond/Bikini)
Desaad
Lois Lane
The Spectre
The Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:49 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I'd be all over that in a second, but I just don't see it. I'm shocked and thrilled they managed to correct Mongul.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:10 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

OK.

What would sweeten the deal for me personally is if they could do Volcana with the translucent hair (also she needs eyebrows) and a dark red/maroon suit instead of the black. Plus I'd like to see Aquaman with the black shorts over his green tights and just a plain orange (not pearl orange) shirt. I only say that because I already have Aquaman and Volcana. It would just be something a little different for me. I'd still buy it regardless.

This actually sounds like a pretty good idea for a three pack. We'll see...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:21 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

...and again, for 50 bucks, they'd be getting what they want - a higher price point - and we'd be getting what we want too.

I know this is a fantasy, but the fact that it involves the character that Scott would most want to see made as the final, final, final hurray gives me some hope.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:27 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

my fear is that they would just reuse the Waller buck for Granny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:14 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

That'd be my concern as well, but it's also probably the only way we'd get it. They really should contact Glassman for a copy of his and use that lol.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:21 am 
Collector Inspector

texgnome1 wrote:
That'd be my concern as well, but it's also probably the only way we'd get it. They really should contact Glassman for a copy of his and use that lol.

Seconded!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:33 am 
Daniel Pickett

not.gonna.happen.

The only reason we are getting the others is because they are already tooled. They won't sculpt a tool a new figure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next