Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1434 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Young Justice Finds/Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:25 pm 
shirtless hugger

I thought, since these are hitting and some people might be interested in them, that we might consolidate sightings/discussion into one thread.

I got a tip from a co-worker that these were out at the Target near work, so I swung by there after work and picked up all four of the 4" singles. They also had two each of the 6" figures.

I must say that I'm pretty pleased with how the Hall of Justice pieces fit together, and I can't wait to put the rest of it together.

Two gripes: 1) the arms on the figures are super flimsy (like, cheaper than JLU plastic flimsy). 2) three of the four figures stand on their own; Kid Flash, one of his legs is longer than the other. Sound familiar, anyone?

I'm into this line for the singles/Hall of Justice, and for Flash related characters. Anybody else pick these up yet?

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

Post subject: Re: Young Justice Finds/Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:46 pm 
Unbreakable

Yep sure have. I bought the four singles last weekend. Just got back about an hour ago from picking up Artemis and Robin at Target. Artemis was great and Robin is currently chilling in the freezer. He had a fused left leg at the hip. Seemed pretty flimsy too :evil:

Oh, and I just ordered the 4" 2-packs from Enchanted Toy Chest via Amazon. Gotta love the free shipping.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:55 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I'm still looking for 6" Robin. I have everything that's been released at retail to this point except for the Walmart variants, and I haven't had any QC issues with any of mine yet. Oh, and I got SDCC Superboy in cloning chamber in the mail today. :mrgreen:

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:23 pm 
Unbreakable

Freezer surgery was a success! These are pretty awesome. Pricey? Yes a little. Worth it to me? Yes a lot :D As a matter of fact I am now cruising eBay for DCUC Public Enemies figs because I think they will look fabulous with the kids.

alcinde, I'd offer to pick the other Robin up for you but I specifically grabbed this one because the other had a weird paint clump thing on his face and made him look weird. I certainly wouldn't be excited for his paint apps.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:43 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I found a Target with no DC product at all except for GL movie crap!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:47 pm 
Unbreakable

j1h15233 wrote:
I found a Target with no DC product at all except for GL movie crap!

Sounds like my hometown Walmart. It's quite depressing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:10 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

kevfett wrote:

alcinde, I'd offer to pick the other Robin up for you but I specifically grabbed this one because the other had a weird paint clump thing on his face and made him look weird. I certainly wouldn't be excited for his paint apps.

It's cool. Thanks for the offer. I'm sure another one will show up eventually. In the meantime, I'll scour Amazon to see if I can find one at a decent price with free shipping.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:54 am 
An Insider

I saw the small ones last night and was really disappointed. I had totally planned on collecting these in place of JLU once the line ended but holding the first 4 figures in my hand and realizing I would be paying about $50 after tax I just couldn't do it. I am more likely to get the 6 inch ones to go along with my DCUC collection but I will be passing on the main line for sure. Although when they end up on the clearance isle for a decent price I will probably pick them up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:16 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I saw these last night, too, and I was struck by two things:

1) The packaging for both 4" and 6" is enormous. Much, much larger than it needs to be, from where I'm standing. This worries me from a mass-market perspective. Doesn't this packaging give Mom and Grandma the impression that these items are premium, expensive items? (BTW, I recognize that the HOJ pieces might require a slightly bigger card than would normally be the case, but my first glance did not convince me that a much bigger card was required.) OTOH, the 6" figs are sweet-looking.

2) The price for these is ridiculous. $10 for a 5 POA 4" figure? Are you kidding me, Mattel? It was one thing when, on its last legs, JLU was given that price to make up for the fact that the JLU-buying population was dwindling and that the last few waves were really a gift to JLU-collectors. I got that, even though it definitely kept this casual-JLU-buyer from buying ANY. But what parents are going to get a kid into a brand new line for $10 for one figure? The CnC HOJ certainly isn't enough of an inducement for most parents or even most kids--the back-of-the-card picture made it look to me like one would have to buy 8-12 figures to finish it!

Granted, I'm more of a DCIH/MU/SW kind of guy, so my excitement here is muted. But even a cursory examination of these figures made it easy for me to put them down. What will parents do?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:49 am 
Collector Inspector

So the singles are $10... Forget about those till a sale or clearance!!!
Anybody see how much the 2packs are?
Amazon has them now for around $15- $16.
Hopefully they are about that at retail.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:28 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I've found the singles at both Target and Wal-Mart (which included the Exclusive Variants)...while the figures are nice, they are not $9.99 nice....not even with the HOJ pieces. I don't know what Mattel is thinking. They are $6.99-$7.99 at best. Not a great way to start off a new line. My impression right now is that this line won't make it due to the price and competition from other kid lines..but we'll see. Haven't seen the 2-Packs at retail yet...only online.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:36 pm 

DrGreenEvil wrote:
So the singles are $10... Forget about those till a sale or clearance!!!

I was commenting on the administration of the line. I would like to see super-hero toys be successful, and $10 for a 4" 5POA figure doesn't strike me as the formula for success. Compare one of these to any MU figure and see which one kids want. Shoot, even the GL movie figs are cheaper than these.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:14 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I agree...$6.99-7.99 would have been fine....and that is because of the HOJ pieces...otherwise they are $4.99 figures. The HOJ is nice but $9.99 is just way too much for these.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:39 pm 

And the HOJ is just a diorama, right? It doesn't have "features" or anything, does it?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:16 pm 
serves the Otter

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
And the HOJ is just a diorama, right? It doesn't have "features" or anything, does it?

Correct. It's just a plastic backdrop diorama display for your figures.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1434 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 96  Next