Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice Finds/Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:55 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Van Statten wrote:

Should have Flash on Monday!

Not the best pose...

"Ooo, ooo, Bat-wedgie!"

CCC.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:50 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Out of the blue I decided to send a letter to Mattel. I mentioned to them how challenging it is to spend over $120 on a group of figures, only to have the final one impossible to find in my area. I would guess that there are plenty of Stealth Kid Flash figures out there somewhere. Whether they are in a Mattel warehouse or a retail chain warehouse. I was checking to see if they can sell me one directly or tell me what to do. I am pretty sure I will get a simple answer that gives excuses why they can't make an intelligent decision on what figures are included in each wave of figures. If wave 3 would have included all 3 stealth figures and Sportsmaster, everyone would have had more luck finding the entire Hall of Justice.

I really hope that Mattel fixes things when it comes to their DC lines. JLU is my favorite line of action figures, to this day it still drives me crazy how difficult it was to collect all the characters. Action league could be fantastic if they just put some effort behind the line like they do the WWE Rumblers. Young Justice was really starting to excite me with the possibilities and then the line was cancelled. Pretty soon all the figures I collect will be from Hasbro.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:10 pm 
Displays Backwards

BigRedMachine17 wrote:
If wave 3 would have included all 3 stealth figures and Sportsmaster, everyone would have had more luck finding the entire Hall of Justice.

Yes, this definitely would have helped, but it's not like Sportsmaster and Robin are easy to find, either. I think I've only seen one Robin once, and there is a lone Sportsmaster I see hanging around Target. The mixed up case pack just screwed things up even worse. Very stupid of Mattel (they are doing the same thing with the WWE build lines, too. Very stupid, again. We always hope they learn, but, alas, no.)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:12 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I never liked the idea of spreading a build-a-figure idea out over a span of waves. That always seemed stupid, like with Parallax in the Green lantern Movie Masters line. Yeah I know the idea is to keep an interest in the line going with an incentive but seriously you have to be able to FIND the figures to have interest.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:15 pm 
Resin

The real sad part about the YJ lines getting cancelled (IMO), is that due to the fact that the shows are airing again, and in a time slot that is giving it a bigger audience, it seems like Mattel (or the retailers, for that matter) is giving up a little too early. The recent price reduction was nice, but apparently a little too late. It would be nice to see the line offered on Mattycollector, but we all have experienced problems on that end, as well. As a fan who is really enjoying the show more and more with each episode, I just really find myself wanting every character that they introduce along the way. Hopefully the show continues to do well. One can always hope that the toyline gets resurrected along the way. Just my opinions and hoping against all hope... Man, I just want a Red and Green Arrow set, with a Wonder Woman, to at least finish the YJ team, and tthe "Big 7"...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:54 am 
PVC

Is there no chance that the line is to be rebranded as Young Justice Invasion and sold to stores that way?

I really want the wonder woman. YJ's sculpts for females is quite intricately done, and they are one of the best things about the line. Cheshire and Megan are both phenomenal! I want to see what they can do with Wonder Woman.

I also really want

Spoiler: show
Batgirl
Cass/Wondergirl
Robin - love the new costume and hair
Superboy w/ invasion costume - I hate hate hate 4" Superboy. He looks malnourished!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:29 am 
Aspires to be #1

vicodinac wrote:
Is there no chance that the line is to be rebranded as Young Justice Invasion and sold to stores that way?

I really want the wonder woman. YJ's sculpts for females is quite intricately done, and they are one of the best things about the line. Cheshire and Megan are both phenomenal! I want to see what they can do with Wonder Woman.

I also really want

Spoiler: show
Batgirl
Cass/Wondergirl
Robin - love the new costume and hair
Superboy w/ invasion costume - I hate hate hate 4" Superboy. He looks malnourished!

It already was. Look at the picture of the Batman figure and the packaging. Young Justice Invasion is what they pitched to the stores and it's what they all turned down.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:21 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

I found one Stealth Aqualad & one Stealth Kid Flash today. I've already got these,. but if anyone still needs them, i put them up in the Swap Meet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:23 pm 
active in the community

I still think we might find some of the unreleased items available in other spots (Conventions, Web sites etc)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:48 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Some news about the direction of next season

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/sto ... 54582660/1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:53 pm 
Collector Inspector

Wow! Look at all those great characters Mattel won't be making!

Grrrrr...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:49 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Evidently... this is... :lol: I can't say it with a straight face... Rare!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-UNIVERSE-YOU ... 5893a3c6ad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:55 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Wow. What a freaking douchebag. :roll:

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:10 am 
3 3/4"

Van Statten wrote:
Evidently... this is... :lol: I can't say it with a straight face... Rare!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-UNIVERSE-YOU ... 5893a3c6ad

I've been looking all over for that variant! Can't believe it's only $70 AND still available. What a deal!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:01 am 
Daniel Pickett

Grrrrrr... I missed the new episode yesterday because my DVR is set to record "Young Justice" each Saturday, and the new season (which started yesterday) is now called "Young Justice: Invasion" So FYI if you have Directv you have to go program a second version of the show into your lists if you want the new episodes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next