Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Do you have questions about the DCUC Subcription?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 pm 
Mattel Mogul

Hey DC Universe fans, you asked for it, you got it! Here is the reveal of another 6" character in the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription program...Poison Ivy! To get this figure, as well as the other subscription figures, sign up for the club: http://bit.ly/mURsgQ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:04 pm 
serves the Otter

FanGirl2.0 wrote:
Hey DC Universe fans, you asked for it, you got it! Here is the reveal of another 6" character in the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription program...Poison Ivy! To get this figure, as well as the other subscription figures, sign up for the club: http://bit.ly/mURsgQ

Deperate much? Guess our thread is starting to bother a few people at corporate. :)

Regardless, I'm happy to be getting Ivy finally. She should have been released in the DCUC line several waves ago. Although instead of dangling another carrot in front of us, how about answering a few of the questions posed in this thread. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:20 pm 
Daniel Pickett

It's not desperate. People have been asking to know more of the figures that would be in the sub before they get on board. So they showed one of the top 10 most requested figures and people are STILL knocking them for doing what they asked? :roll:

Seriously?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:22 pm 
Aspires to be #1

JuliusMarx wrote:
It's not desperate. People have been asking to know more of the figures that would be in the sub before they get on board. So they showed one of the top 10 most requested figures and people are STILL knocking them for doing what they asked? :roll:

Seriously?

No kidding. This was my post on the Facebook status after reading the comments.

The sub doesn't have a chance if these are the types of people who are DCUC customers. Such a group of whiny babies. Hey, here's some fantastic and fan demanded characters that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU will buy on the sale day but won't buy the sub and guarantee yourself one. It sucks to be a true fan of this line right now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Why not reveal the entire lineup for the subscription to get people to subscribe? We understand that we can't see the actual figure yet, but just announcing the lineup would certainly motivate people to get this subscription. I certainly don't think it would cause people to 'return' their sub. If they were to announce figures like Lead, Elasti-Girl, and other highly requested figures, it would only get more subscribers.

I never understood why they don't announce lineups as soon as they are locked in. I can understand when it is getting close to Toy Fair or San Diego, but for the rest of the year, I wish they would announce lineups sooner, then show the figures later, as they could then get two news items out of each lineup, instead of one big announcement.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:35 pm 
Aspires to be #1

They don't do that for the same reason I don't say I'm having Whataburger for dinner Friday night. Things could change.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:37 pm 
serves the Otter

JuliusMarx wrote:

Seriously?

As I stated in response to your post in the other thread, I already purchased this subscription a week ago. I'm also thrilled to be getting Ivy. But I remain critical of how Mattel is handling the situation. It annoys me that they obviously looked at this thread and rather than addressing some of our concerns, they dangled a yummy carrot in front of us to make us forget about our important questions.

You're the one who started this thread -- so what was the point of it if we're just supposed to shut up and stop whining so much? I'd think you'd be a bit annoyed too that they're so dismissive of our questions.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:43 pm 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
JuliusMarx wrote:

Seriously?

No kidding. This was my post on the Facebook status after reading the comments.

The sub doesn't have a chance if these are the types of people who are DCUC customers. Such a group of whiny babies. Hey, here's some fantastic and fan demanded characters that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU will buy on the sale day but won't buy the sub and guarantee yourself one. It sucks to be a true fan of this line right now.

I caved and purchased...and I somewhat agree with you, but not for the same reasons.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:55 pm 
Daniel Pickett

They never said they would answer the questions in this thread. I'm compiling the questions, sending them to them and then they will reply with the answers.

They aren't ignoring the questions and dangling anything.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:23 pm 
Smack! Smack! Smack!

I used to refer to a lot of MOTU collectors as crybabies (He-man.org is still crybaby.org) but many fellow DCUC collectors are shooting to steal the title.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:35 pm 
Knows his stuff

I'm a BIG DC fan, and a BIG DC toy fan... but that does not translate into an automatic LOVE for Mattel DC toys. In fact, typically with Mattel it has been just the opposite. JLU being the one toy line I did love, then couldn't wait until it was shot in the head to stop the suffering.

I've already stated my thoughts on this debacle, but to see all the extreme actions, and commentary, from both sides on this has been really interesting. Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

So... if the subs don't sell enough (NOTICE HOW MATTEL HAS NEVER GAVE A NUMBER NEEDED), then what will happen? Exactly? The new DCnU line won't ever have Jay, or Ivy, or Rita, or Lead? Fans who have supported this line for years (YEARS!) and spent hundreds, or thousands, of dollars are now kicked to the road-side so DC/Mattel can put out New Cyborg, New Superman, New Firestorm, etc? This is what irks me... and makes me say "no thanks" to the sub. Don't treat me like you're doing me ANY favors by letting me buy your toys. Either create a toy line I want, can buy easily, or just go away. Good God... how insulting to try and force sales thru long-time fans by threats (of toys not being done.). Mattel should really be ashamed of the business choices they have made lately... it's tragic.

G.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:47 pm 
serves the Otter

Couldn't have said it better myself, Geoffdude. That was the point I was trying to make earlier before a few people copped the attittude that we should just shut up and give Mattel our money, no questions asked. There's some really valid concerns posed in the first page of this thread, and I'm surprised by how many people are suddenly dismissing it all as "whiny" from a bunch of "crybabies". Gimme a break.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:34 pm 
4" scale

j1h15233 wrote:
They don't do that for the same reason I don't say I'm having Whataburger for dinner Friday night.

because it would give them furious diarrhea all weekend?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:42 pm 
4" scale

ok, i have a question for mattel:

will the 2012 sub GUARANTEE that the Metal Men and Doom Patrol teams be COMPLETED, or will we just get more of each team with the hopes that the teams might be completed in the 2013 sub?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:23 am 
Hat Pooper

What if you don't like all the figures? I don't really care for the red lantern one but like the Starman and Green Lantern. Also the female figures always have bad legfs when I buy them in store.

Regular figures are $15 , why is the oversized one $30? Is it twice as big?

I guess the thing that holds me back on this the main thing that always held me back a little on ordering from mattycollector. com; the cost of shipping. If they offer a reduce shipping cost or free shipping that would be deal maker. I don't want shipping cost to increase during the subscription part.

So here it is.
What if you get a figure you don't like? Can you return it for another one or credit for next month figure?

Why don't they offer a reduce shipping or free shipping with these figures?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next