Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Some of you might want to check your Wal-Marts
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:30 am 
declined to be a vampire

I went into one today over lunch...and they were kind of in the middle of their reset.

They had the DCUC marked down to 11, and the GLC marked down to 9.

Then I saw the endcap. It had the Young Justice, Batman Legacy and DCUC Apachie Chief Wave (with mixed in all Stars and GLC).

The endcap was kind of picked through, but I grabbed a toyman. Went to the price scanner: 11 bucks. So I grabbed me a Samurai (he did look cool). So it's worth a check

sidenote: A few of you had me looking for figures, I didn't see some of those or any extra. I grabbed the last two that were left from that wave. The rest were GLC and All Star. Young Justice was all the regular (no variants).

Side note: The Batman did scan in at 15.88.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Last edited by Bunger43 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Some of you might want to check your Wal-Marts
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:05 am 
Collector Inspector

Thanks bunger43. :wink:

My Walmart is a real treat. They have had 5 Cyclotrons on the pegs for a year and a half and they refuse to mark them down. They once marked a Superman/Parasite pack down from $32.97 to ...hold on to your seats...$31.97.

My Walmarts refuse to mark anything down. I went in and GLC2 was still at full price. I don't understand . Why carry a line and not stock the toys? There hasn't been any new DCUC at my walmart for 8 months. Why carry the line at all? Why have the pegs? Everyone says Mattel is not responsible for getting the toys on the shelves, but if my Walmarts and Targets sell through their stock, there's a 2, 3, 4 + month delay for anything new. It's like the distribution centers have nothing to send because they're waiting for the next wave or something.

I have yet to see Wave 18. I can't imagine that those 5 Cyclotrons would be blocking the arrival of 18. I saw Wave 17 once but Scarecrow was gone. I have yet to see an endcap. Waves 14-18 haven't been easy. I haven't seen tags for Crime Syndicate yet but maybe I'll go look tomorrow.

Okay, sorry about the complaining. I'm going to check some Walmarts.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:15 am 
declined to be a vampire

funtime3 wrote:
Thanks bunger43. :wink:

My Walmart is a real treat. They have had 5 Cyclotrons on the pegs for a year and a half and they refuse to mark them down. They once marked a Superman/Parasite pack down from $32.97 to ...hold on to your seats...$31.97.

My Walmarts refuse to mark anything down. I went in and GLC2 was still at full price. I don't understand . Why carry a line and not stock the toys? There hasn't been any new DCUC at my walmart for 8 months. Why carry the line at all? Why have the pegs? Everyone says Mattel is not responsible for getting the toys on the shelves, but if my Walmarts and Targets sell through their stock, there's a 2, 3, 4 + month delay for anything new. It's like the distribution centers have nothing to send because they're waiting for the next wave or something.

I have yet to see Wave 18. I can't imagine that those 5 Cyclotrons would be blocking the arrival of 18. I saw Wave 17 once but Scarecrow was gone. I have yet to see an endcap. Waves 14-18 haven't been easy. I haven't seen tags for Crime Syndicate yet but maybe I'll go look tomorrow.

Okay, sorry about the complaining. I'm going to check some Walmarts.

In the aisle (not the endcape) they had like 4 Kamandi, several OMAC, and several Spectre figures. This is the first sign of anything Wave 18 I have seen in Indy, and I've yet to see any Wave 17. I am seeing wave 1 of the Batman figures everywhere though.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:57 pm 
Former King of Posts

Thanks for the report. I saw the GLs at 9 the other day, but never considere the DCUC would be less than the posted 15.88.

As for seeing 18 before 17, I've yet to see 16 or 17.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:44 pm 
shirtless hugger

Post-tornado, I've got two WMs left. One of them has had ZERO DCUCs while the other one got in two cases of DCUC16 and one case of DCUC17 (which went directly to the extras aisle because the newest reset leaves them with no DCUCs).

The other WM that's had empty pegs for weeks got in DCUC18s today.

Our Target has been sitting on pegwarming DCUC16s for awhile now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:47 pm 
Collector Inspector

superfriend wrote:
Thanks for the report. I saw the GLs at 9 the other day, but never considere the DCUC would be less than the posted 15.88.

As for seeing 18 before 17, I've yet to see 16 or 17.

Just picked up all of wave 16 at a local TRU for $9.99 apiece.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:16 pm 
Wonderdog

young justice variant.....?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:51 pm 
serves the Otter

dhunter3333 wrote:
young justice variant.....?

Walmart has 2 YJ 4" variants. One is a semi-transparent Kid Flash, and the other is a shirtless Aqualad.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:01 am 
ABS

My walmart still has them listed for 16 bucks, which sucks bc they just re-stocked their wave 18 endcap. I def would have picked one or two up if they were on sale.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:23 pm 
Hat Pooper

We should have a contest to determine which Wal-mart has the worst toy department. My Wal-Mart isn't even carrying the DCUC or YJ. I think I will take a picture tomorrow and post it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:31 pm 
Former King of Posts

I'm just back from trying this. No luck. Wave 18 is $15.88 or something close to that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:41 pm 
Wonderdog

I have never, never, never seen anything newer than WAVE 14 at retail unless it was for twenty bucks a pop at my LCS. My targets, Walmarts and TRUs are all stuck in Spectre/Bleu Beetle/Cyclotron/Mary Marvel Hell. Just when I finally thought that after Captain Cold I couldn't POSSIBLY go through this kind of crap again, too. Thank heavens for BBTS and ETC and the other online stores because I otherwise would never have added any of these figures to my collection.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:45 pm 
Former King of Posts

Too true. Although my Walmart has wave 18 (minus Capt Cold), I've yet to see waves 16 or 17 at all. 15 I saw at KMart during that sale they had which feels so long ago.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:43 pm 
Ferret Farmer

I noticed the other day that the WM YJ exclusives don't come with HOJ pieces. Or was that just the ones I saw?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:29 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Toyman wrote:
I noticed the other day that the WM YJ exclusives don't come with HOJ pieces. Or was that just the ones I saw?

No, they just come with "posters" in place of the HoJ piece(s).