Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: New Pictures on Front Page
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:32 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

UncleMarsellus wrote:
Just to play devil's advocate, if you really want a detailed, nice Voltron to show off, you should've bought the Toynami set from 5 or 6 years ago. It's a pretty nice die cast and chromed set that is perfect for collectors and fans.

That's what I did, plus you got the cool sheild, which I don't think I've seen in Mattel's offering.

But not selling the pilots at least as singles is a strange move.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:01 pm 
We're going streaking!

Shellhead wrote:

I think after seeing the cancellation of the Club Ecto-1, the bundling of Lions & Pilots as a set to non-subscribers is a reflection on how well, or more rightly, how poorly the Club Lion Force subs sold and further evidence to how poorly the 2011 Subscriptions sold.

The Voltron sub must have sold better than Ecto-1 for Mattel to reopen the subscription and not scrap this line too -- but maybe not; with Ghostbusters, you can just kick out what's left in the queue and call it a line. With Voltron, you better get those five Lions out or else!!! And it may have cost Mattel too much money to develop the Lions and maybe the pilots to just scrap the line at this point.

So, reopen the subscription, hope for the best and make sure you don't get stuck with either a bunch of Lions or Pilots by making them a set...

...although, reopening the Lion Force sub makes little sense to me. DCUC? Yes, we know why this is being reopened. MOTUC, along with MOTUC 30th? Sure, that makes sense to reopen the old along with the new. Club Lion Force? What's the reasoning behind reopening this sub?

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Lions & Pilots Come As A Set ONLY!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:36 pm 
Cold-cast

Well them reopening the subs got at least one new one. My girlfriend knew I was going back and forth over this and went ahead and got one for me. But didn't realize that she wasn't paying for the whole thing upfront. Now I have to make sure I can afford it. Gotta love that girl. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:43 pm 
MINT!

I think all the concerns I've read are legit and well thought out. But I think some of us are missing the big picture. We're getting a twenty-three inch tall transformable articulated figure for three hundred bucks. This thing is basically what jumbo machinders aspire to be. He may not be perfect but he's still awesome.

Also, does anyone know if Mattell will be coming out with a Voltron Force toyline? I really dig the new style lions and robot mode. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:48 pm 
MINT!

I did not buy the subscription to Voltron because I wasn't sure if I'd have the money for it. But now I do and was just wondering when this thing is coming out. I heard that I should try to get it the day it's released because they might sell out fast.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:20 am 
Loose, Missing Package

BoDad wrote:
I did not buy the subscription to Voltron because I wasn't sure if I'd have the money for it. But now I do and was just wondering when this thing is coming out. I heard that I should try to get it the day it's released because they might sell out fast.

The Red Lion and pilot will be on sale with the February 15th items (as of right now) and *should* be $33 for the lion and $16.50 for the pilot considering that day-of prices seem to be 10% higher on the MOTUC and Ghostbusters stuff (though, the DC oversized are going to be 50% more, so...). As for a sell-out, nobody knows right now. How many subs did they sell and how much of a demend is there going to be from people without a sub? Yes, they've said that they're going to reduce the amount available above the sub numbers, but that still doesn't mean an instant sell-out. (Granted, since it is still an "unknown" you should consider being there at on-sale time)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:13 pm 
MINT!

Hey thanks, Jim. :D I thought I looked on Mattycollector.com but I didn't see a release date. I'll keep my eye out and pray for the best. I can hardly wait. Oh dang. Wasn't there a teen-anxt movie of that name? :( Or something like that.

Anyway, the crappiest part of getting the 1st lion is that I don't care too much about individual lions. All I want is the final Voltron. And I have to wait too long for that to happen. :( But I will commit to the first lion and I know I can't just stop there. I surely hope this thing is as awesome as I hope it's gonna be.

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Lance & Red Lion 2/15
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:36 pm 
We're going streaking!

I think it is 2/15. Anyway, I am watching Pixel Dan's video review and there are problems.

Lance looks good overall. The white dots don't work (especially when, during the review, there was actual glare that those dots were supposed to simulate). And the biggest problem is the gun-holding sculpted right hand that cannot hold the molded-in-holster gun. Otherwise, Mattel did a great job with the 3-3/4-Inch figure. Not perfect, but pretty nice.

The Red Lion is impressive size-wise. Voltron is going to look impressive, once put together. The Lions by themselves? Eh. I don't know. Once again, it's sculpt versus toy functionality. The elbow joint looks odd. The lack of articulation in the hind legs hurts how you can pose the Red Lion by himself. The lack of articulation in the hind legs mean no deep crouching poses and it looks a little silly just standing there in a vanilla pose. The action feature seems to be in the way where you can accidentally hit the buttons and transform when you don't want to transform.

Still, after watching the review, I am happy I am on board Club Lion Force. I think in the end, despite some of my reservations with the completed Voltron, I will be happy with the final product. Not happy with the wait it will take to get there! But happy I don't have to pay for him all at once; can't have it both ways, I guess :wink: .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:37 pm 
5" Scale

Im still very excited for this sub after seeing the video. But I do wish the legs did not have that quick pop out stuff, but still it is going to look amazing all together.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:10 pm 
MINT!

Thanks for pointing me to the video, TRDouble. I think that the size alone has me sold. It may have its issues but I think they're a small price to pay for a transformable, super articulated, 2' vintage style lion Voltron.

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Lance & The Red Lion on 2/15
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:47 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

My Red Lion already shipped!

Anybody else?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:05 am 
5" Scale

Beta_Ray_Bryan wrote:
My Red Lion already shipped!

Anybody else?

nope nothing here for me :(

no shipping notice on any of the 3 subs I have yet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:22 am 
Aspires to be #1

Someone keep me away from MC.com today. I've never seen Voltron, don't really know what it is, but they sure remind me of Power Rangers and I loved Power Rangers as a kid. I do not need to start down the path of a 2 foot tall robot no matter how cool it looks haha.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:25 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Shellhead wrote:
UncleMarsellus wrote:
Just to play devil's advocate, if you really want a detailed, nice Voltron to show off, you should've bought the Toynami set from 5 or 6 years ago. It's a pretty nice die cast and chromed set that is perfect for collectors and fans.

That's what I did, plus you got the cool sheild, which I don't think I've seen in Mattel's offering.

The shield is included, it was shown (I have pics with it), and is slated to be included with the Black Lion, IIRC.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:59 am 
5" Scale

Captain Collector wrote:
The shield is included, it was shown (I have pics with it), and is slated to be included with the Black Lion, IIRC.

the Black lion gets the regular sword and shield, cant wait!

Still wish the black lion was first, that way every time I get a new lion I can put it on the black on :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next