Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: What if......Mattel and a JLU Subcription...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:27 am 
BANNED

Count with me, I would buy the jlu suscription

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:31 pm 
Knows his stuff

Howard the Duck wrote:
Genius.

I am a JLU fan and collector. Only JLU. When Mattel decides to mothball JLU permanently, my money will not go towards Young Justice, a DC Classics sub, the New 52 Reboot DC Classics tripe, or anything else for that matter.

Likewise, when Mattel wants to make more JLU past the announced 2011 stuff, then my money will go towards that. J-L-U needs a S-U-B!

Same here. I'm a JLU collector, not an action figure collector. If they can draw in the kiddies with Young Justice, and keep DCUC going, I'm happy for the collectors of those lines. But if they stop making JLU, I personally wouldn't care if every DC line died.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:39 pm 
Knows his stuff

ian5555 wrote:
Mekaneck, Jitsu, Ram Man, Spikor, Stinkor, Modulok, Mantenna, Extendar, Rio-blast, Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Rattlor, Tung Lashor, Clamp Champ, Rotar, Ninjor, Mosquitor, and Squeeze are some of the more well known from the 80's line I guess.

I personally think MOTU Classic will hit a wall by the end of 2013 unless they start cutting back on the original line of figures but that is what most people want.

I think only Ram Man is an A-lister there, and only Mekaneck is a B-lister. The others I vaguely remember or never heard of. But I guess that's irrelevant, because MOTUC collectors will run out and buy Clawful and Sy-Klone with great alacrity, while JLU collectors quibble about paying an extra five bucks for a retooled Destroyer Darkseid and use that as justification for not buying Kalibak.

I wish JLU collectors had the insane passion of the MOTUC collectors.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:39 pm 
Resin

I'd be in...only thing that spooks me is all the possible repaints/variants that could be forced upon us. If Matty stuck to new figures for 98% of what they produced for the sub I'd be a happy collector!

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:47 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I think An-Gel was making the point that there are still a fair number of A-B listers waiting in the wings. And as for the main Leaguers, here are a few redecos Mattel could do to include them in 3 packs that would even make subscribers happy:

-Woman Woman with new arms bent to deflect bullets

-Shayera in a white track suit

-Martian Manhuner with a newly sculpted "Alien" torso and legs (the fixed version of what we got years ago)

-Batman with arms spread and cape spread

Plus, the "Secret Identity" figures everyone thought we'd get at some point. A regular Flash figure with a Wally head, etc. There are ways to get the main seven included in new ways.

So, yeah, even beyond my WW wants, I'd pick up a Maxima, or a Jax-Ur and Mala, etc, etc, etc. I think it was the Doom Patrol/Captain Marvel sets that went too far out into left field.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:56 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

DisneyBoy wrote:
I think An-Gel was making the point that there are still a fair number of A-B listers waiting in the wings. And as for the main Leaguers, here are a few redecos Mattel could do to include them in 3 packs that would even make subscribers happy:

-Martian Manhuner with a newly sculpted "Alien" torso and legs (the fixed version of what we got years ago)

Plus, the "Secret Identity" figures everyone thought we'd get at some point. A regular Flash figure with a Wally head, etc. There are ways to get the main seven included in new ways.

So, yeah, even beyond my WW wants, I'd pick up a Maxima, or a Jax-Ur and Mala, etc, etc, etc. I think it was the Doom Patrol/Captain Marvel sets that went too far out into left field.

Sorry but none of those would make me anything close to happy. Well not including Maxima, Mala, and Jax-Ur.
If it's a sub, there really isn't much of a reason to have to include the big seven.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:19 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

DisneyBoy wrote:

One of the points of a sub would be that we wouldn't need any of the main 7, I have zero interest in secret identities. Also it hasn't been show only figures for years and I have/had no problem with that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:34 pm 
Former King of Posts

True, it hasn't been 'show only since we got "Red Hood" in the Grodd 6pack.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:40 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

vancleef9000 wrote:

One of the points of a sub would be that we wouldn't need any of the main 7, I have zero interest in secret identities. Also it hasn't been show only figures for years and I have/had no problem with that.

I completely agree.

Has anybody thought out a format for this? I mean what would you get each month. Maybe 8 3-packs plus 4 over-sized figures a year? Or 6 3-packs, 4 4-packs and 2 over-sized?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:46 pm 
serves the Otter

If the theoretical JLU subscription was for monthly 3-packs instead of single figures, priced at $16-20 per set like their retail price was, then I wouldn't mind a few important variants of the main 7 included in these 3-packs. For example, Justice Lords with 5 POA, or Shayera in her white tracksuit. All are important enough to include -- but only if we were getting 3-packs that had plentiful slots to include such variants (giving us 36 potential figures in a year). But if it was just one single figure every month, then yeah... don't waste it on the main 7.

All of this is a moot point though. We're never going to get a JLU sub. The DCUC sub is likely to fail, and who would have ever guess that? So if the hugely popular DCUC following can't even make a sub happen, then us "loud but not numerous" JLU collectors have no hope of getting our own sub. :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:01 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Whacko, go back and read the link that Tex posted. That's a roadmap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:18 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

j1h15233 wrote:
Whacko, go back and read the link that Tex posted. That's a roadmap

Oh yeah, I read that before somewhere else I think. I was just curious if anybody else had any ideas. Tex has a lifetime of JLU figures planned out there :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:44 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

shabbyblue wrote:
If the theoretical JLU subscription was for monthly 3-packs instead of single figures, priced at $16-20 per set like their retail price was, then I wouldn't mind a few important variants of the main 7 included in these 3-packs. For example, Justice Lords with 5 POA, or Shayera in her white tracksuit.

We have Justice Lord figures with 5 POA.

STRIPE is still not sold out a month later and he was top on most people's list for a long time. That's bad.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:55 pm 
serves the Otter

ian5555 wrote:
We have Justice Lord figures with 5 POA.

No we don't.

http://cooltoyreview.com/photo.asp?imag ... LU-669.jpg

Superman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and Batman all had the articulated elbows and knees. I was really hoping Mattel would eventually give us 5POA versions of them, but now it'll never happen. Would have been nice to get 5POA repaints in some of the 3-packs instead of the same plain ol' Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern that took up too many of those slots and discouraged greater sales of the 3-packs.

Last edited by shabbyblue on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:59 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

If it were anything more than singles it would still have to be 100% new characters or really compelling variants of figures we already have. I'd be cool with things like more Crime Syndicate or Electric Superman(s) or an Azbats.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next