Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:37 am 
User avatar
Knows his stuff
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 539
Location: Columbus, OH
Price is definitely fair. Scott said $180 at SDCC 2010 when it was announced so that's pretty good that they stuck to it. I think this will hang around for a while but I hope it sells well. I can't believe we're getting this and a 38% undersold DCIE subscription, but I'm definitely not complaining.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:11 am 
User avatar
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Posts: 4712
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Glenn2000 wrote:
I may be way off base, but I think that Mattel is counting on the die-hard, old-fart Legion fans like me to cough up the cash. The Legion has been a curse to DC. A literal legion of fans who constantly nag DC about the team. If Mattel can capture a portion of them they may actually make a profit from this venture. Hell, we may even see a substantial female Legion set as a follow on if this set sells well (wishful thinking).


If Matty had done Legion sub with 3 figure packs every 3 months, I would have done it. That is the ONLY non DCIH sub I would sign up for.

CCC.

_________________
The expediency of acquired knowledge is preponderant upon determining a justifiable conclusion, unattainable at this time.

Museum Super Collector.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:51 am 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1772
Location: ATL, GA
Zodach wrote:
Price is definitely fair. Scott said $180 at SDCC 2010 when it was announced so that's pretty good that they stuck to it. I think this will hang around for a while but I hope it sells well. I can't believe we're getting this and a 38% undersold DCIE subscription, but I'm definitely not complaining.


I think at this point they had put some much money and time into it, it was too late to pull back. I dont think anyone a Mattel would ever suggest this now. But even more, I find it surprising they did this with knowing how bad the 2 packs did on Matty.

I am glad they made this, but I have a big fear it will sit a LONG time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am 
User avatar
declined to be a vampire
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 am
Posts: 2455
fball13z wrote:
Zodach wrote:
Price is definitely fair. Scott said $180 at SDCC 2010 when it was announced so that's pretty good that they stuck to it. I think this will hang around for a while but I hope it sells well. I can't believe we're getting this and a 38% undersold DCIE subscription, but I'm definitely not complaining.


I think at this point they had put some much money and time into it, it was too late to pull back. I dont think anyone a Mattel would ever suggest this now. But even more, I find it surprising they did this with knowing how bad the 2 packs did on Matty.

I am glad they made this, but I have a big fear it will sit a LONG time.


Let's face it, the choices for the 2 packs absolutely sucked. That was completely on Matty, not us.

_________________
I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:07 pm 
User avatar
categorically opposed
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2721
Location: Pittsburgh
They said they were asked by DC Comics to do something huge.

This is huge.

I can't imagine them having high sales expectations for this, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:26 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6110
Location: Atlanta, GA
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this isn't one that you'll have to be there at 12 pm sharp on sale day, in order to get it.

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:23 pm 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1772
Location: ATL, GA
Bunger43 wrote:
Let's face it, the choices for the 2 packs absolutely sucked. That was completely on Matty, not us.



To each their own, I loved all the 2 packs on Matty


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:57 pm 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8274
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
Color of Fear : :mrgreen:
Starfire/Adam Strange: :)
Justice in the Jungle: :?
Luthor/Ultraman: :evil:

So one excellent one, one decent one, one mediocre one, and one absolutely horrible one.

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:22 pm 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1772
Location: ATL, GA
Shellhead wrote:
Color of Fear : :mrgreen:
Starfire/Adam Strange: :)
Justice in the Jungle: :?
Luthor/Ultraman: :evil:

So one excellent one, one decent one, one mediocre one, and one absolutely horrible one.


Horrible for you yes, but not for me, Luthor is still one of my fav figures. and whats not to love about Animal Man?

are you not a fan of silver age or golden age?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:41 pm 
User avatar
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3457
I'm with you fball. I enjoyed all of them. I feel like Starfire could have benefited a lot from a different buck/sculpt than the one she got, and I feel like the execution of the "U" on Ultraman is one of low points of the DCUC line, but other than those nitpicks, I enjoyed all the characters a lot. (I like Luthor a lot too :D ).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:38 pm 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1235
Color of Fear was the weakest one for me, but I enjoyed it. Adam Strange, B'Wana Beast, & Animal Man are three must haves in my DCUC collection though. I enjoyed Luthor & even Ultraman (though X is right, he needed a unique chest). The only bad figure of the eight was Starfire.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:05 pm 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8274
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
fball13z wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
Color of Fear : :mrgreen:
Starfire/Adam Strange: :)
Justice in the Jungle: :?
Luthor/Ultraman: :evil:

So one excellent one, one decent one, one mediocre one, and one absolutely horrible one.


Horrible for you yes, but not for me, Luthor is still one of my fav figures. and whats not to love about Animal Man?

are you not a fan of silver age or golden age?


Golden Age: No. Silver Age: It depends. Most of my DC universe love/interest is post 1980.

B'Wana Beast is one of the silliest characters ever IMO, so that pack was subpar. I like Animal Man, though.

And I prefer the modern incarnation of the Injustice Gang, so Ultra/Luthur was a bust. I almost got it for Ultraman, but the recent 5-pack justified my decision not to. Now if we could just get the modern GL and Quick, I'd be a happy camper.

And yes, Starfire could have been much better.

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:52 am 
User avatar
Resin
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 390
Location: Massachusetts
I really hope that at some point Mattel finishes all of the teams it's started. I think it's really rude that after all this time and investment, they would leave us in the lurch with just characters from here or there. It would be nice to finish a team in the same era for once. I don't care if they complete modern or classic, though I'd prefer both, but at least finish one of the Crime Syndicate teams! The remaining figures require minimal new tooling. What, new heads for modern Quick and classic Owlman? Perhaps slightly more for Superwoman and Power Ring? Let's get it done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:23 am 
User avatar
declined to be a vampire
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 am
Posts: 2455
GoldBlade6 wrote:
I really hope that at some point Mattel finishes all of the teams it's started. I think it's really rude that after all this time and investment, they would leave us in the lurch with just characters from here or there. It would be nice to finish a team in the same era for once. I don't care if they complete modern or classic, though I'd prefer both, but at least finish one of the Crime Syndicate teams! The remaining figures require minimal new tooling. What, new heads for modern Quick and classic Owlman? Perhaps slightly more for Superwoman and Power Ring? Let's get it done.


I don't want to see the crime syndicates finished before a lot of other stuff. We have a crime syndicate, that should do for now. Eventually? Sure. But I think there are other teams that haven't been completed in any form that need to be done first, for sure.

I'm really interested to see what non DCnU figures come out early next year in the retail line.

_________________
I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legion 12pk price confirmed @ $180. On sale 10/17/11.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:36 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8274
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
I'd say Huntress and a larger Doomsday are a lock considering there's gonna be a Batman and Superman movie.

And probably a Mera (but hopefully in her classic duds, not that crazy ornate DCnU garb).

Beyond that . . . :?:

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.083s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]