Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: DCUC Wave 19
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:37 pm 
Damage Control

joeace wrote:
My local Target stores have not stocked DCUC wave 19 yet. The pegs have been empty for weeks. I placed my order for wave 19 with Diamond Comics. I normally use Amazon which recently offered these.

Last night I saw a great deal on wave 19 from shop.mattel.com. that I couldn't pass up.
(5 of the wave 19 figures for $8 each = $40) + Free Shipping + $2.80 tax = $42.80
I just have to buy another Sandman to complete a 2nd set.

I was going to post this last night, but shortly after my order, the deal was no longer listed on their website.

My order came in this afternoon!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:22 am 
declined to be a vampire

joeace wrote:
joeace wrote:
My local Target stores have not stocked DCUC wave 19 yet. The pegs have been empty for weeks. I placed my order for wave 19 with Diamond Comics. I normally use Amazon which recently offered these.

Last night I saw a great deal on wave 19 from shop.mattel.com. that I couldn't pass up.
(5 of the wave 19 figures for $8 each = $40) + Free Shipping + $2.80 tax = $42.80
I just have to buy another Sandman to complete a 2nd set.

I was going to post this last night, but shortly after my order, the deal was no longer listed on their website.

My order came in this afternoon!

I bought the 6 inch young justice for the 34 bucks. Mine arrive today. I wish I had purchased the Wave 19 as well. I missed out :(

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:34 am 
Collector Inspector

I know, I need to learn to wait for deals and not rush off to stores every time the new exciting figure is out. I would have loved to capitalize on that YJ deal. I probably paid $90 for those 4 Young Justice figures. And that doesn't include gas money used while driving all around the suburbs looking for them. Stupid. NEVER AGAIN!

Sometimes it pays off. A lot of Mattel product just never shows up or barely shows up (Wave 14 and 18, CS 5 pack, Green Lantern Movie Masters Waves 2-5, Mad Love, Kyle Rayner, YJ 6 inch Red Arrow so far and Wave 19 has been a little difficult) and some stuff surprisingly shows up more than I thought it would (Batman Legacy 2, Batmites). And some Mattel stuff just explodes like an avalanche all across the land (argh! Wave 17 in every Target, Walmart AND Kmart.) I just need to chill out and wait, like when the GL 5-pack went on sale for $29 a week after I paid full price.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:38 am 
declined to be a vampire

Becoming a cherry picker has been the best thing for me when it comes to buying figures. For the most part, I've still picked up about everything I used to buy, but I've paid substantially less for it buy getting deals like this, coming across a sale, etc.

funtime3 wrote:
I know, I need to learn to wait for deals and not rush off to stores every time the new exciting figure is out. I would have loved to capitalize on that YJ deal. I probably paid $90 for those 4 Young Justice figures. And that doesn't include gas money used while driving all around the suburbs looking for them. Stupid. NEVER AGAIN!

Sometimes it pays off. A lot of Mattel product just never shows up or barely shows up (Wave 14 and 18, CS 5 pack, Green Lantern Movie Masters Waves 2-5, Mad Love, Kyle Rayner, YJ 6 inch Red Arrow so far and Wave 19 has been a little difficult) and some stuff surprisingly shows up more than I thought it would (Batman Legacy 2, Batmites). And some Mattel stuff just explodes like an avalanche all across the land (argh! Wave 17 in every Target, Walmart AND Kmart.) I just need to chill out and wait, like when the GL 5-pack went on sale for $29 a week after I paid full price.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12