Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Quien es mas macho lucadore de phantasma?
Plain Clothes Winston from GB1 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
The Mayor 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
another Marshmallow Mess figure 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Gozer 58%  58%  [ 7 ]
Plain clothes Dana Barrett from GB1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Plain clothes Dana Barrett from GB2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tracksuit Louis Tulley from GB1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Janine Melnitz from GB2 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Janosh Poha from GB2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tallahassee from Zombieland :) 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Should the fall '12 figure be the end of the Ghostbusters...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:59 pm 
4" scale

...which figure do you hope it is? There's still a lot of characters to do, and even more variants. If the line had to end right there, in fall 2012, with only Vigo, Slimeblower Ray, RtBY Venkman, Dana Barrett as Zuul and the stupid Rookie having been added on to the already meager offering of figures we've gotten so far, which figure would make you feel like your collection is as complete as it can be without another year of [like four or five more] figures?

Also, feel free to discuss.

Post subject: Re: Should the fall '12 figure be the end of the Ghostbuster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:04 pm 
serves the Otter

Gozer, without question, is the most important character left to make.

She's the main villain of the first film. It'll be a damn shame if we never get her, and yet we'll have friggin' Vigo the Carpathian in this line. Sure, as a GB fan and completist, I'm happy to be getting Vigo, but I can't believe they priortized him over Gozer. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:18 pm 
4" scale

I voted for Gozer, even though it's gonna drive me bananas to not have a plain clothes Winston to go along with my ready-to-believe-you ghostbusters. And we don't know that it's over yet, anyhow, but if it is, I say Gozer. Zuul is the only female in the announced line. Not that Gozer really is a woman, but this line is kind of a plastic sausage party.

We've also yet to get a singly carded ghost figure from Ghostbusters 1. Vigo will be the only other solo specter in the line. The only non-pack-in villain we have from the first film is Peck, and most people feel like he's just the pack-in with the containment unit anyhow. It'd be nice to get at least one GB1 ghost on a card unto itself.

I would've voted Janine, but the likeness rights only cover Annie Potts' appearance in the second film, where she looked, well, a little ridiculous, to say the least. I imagine, though, if it does end up being Janine from 2, she'll include Oscar and not a boring ass desk accessory.

I imagine, too, if they decide to go with plain clothes Dana Barrett, she'd be packaged with a possessed refrigerator, which would be amazing.

I completely forgot to add Courtroom Peter, Courtroom Egon and the Jodge, but I'd wager a guess that of the listed characters, nobody would've voted for any of those 3 figures to be the last figure in the line.

And I intentionally left off the Terror Dogs, as they wouldnt be regular sized figures. This is also what prompted me to exclude the Statue of Liberty. Nonetheless, I REALLY hope we get some Terror Dogs (and a weapons pack and a ghost pack and cans of Ecto-Plazm) in this line before it's over.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:23 pm 
4" scale

And yeah, the inclusion (and preferential treatment over Gozer) of the Vigo figure is totally lame. What a terrible villain he was. A painting. OOoOOoOoOoOooOOoOo... spooky! Wasnt he also one of the main villains from the Haunted Mansion Ride at Disneyland?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:19 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Even though I'm not buying the line, I voted for Gozer. If I could get a Gozer and 2 Demon Dogs I'd buy into the line in a heartbeat.

But if they can't do Gozer, an easy second would be Party Host Tully complete with a tray of caviar, hors d'ouevers, some tax write-off forms, and an Ascot/Dickie thingy!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:08 am 
4" scale

HAHA, AWESOME! who voted for Tallahassee?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:28 pm 
4" scale

Hm, you know, thinking about it, we really did get shafted on winstons. we got one each of "louis", "dana", peck, vigo, and the stupid ass rookie and (including the xmas gb2 4 pack) 4 egons, 5 venkmans (venkmen?), SIX RAYS(!) and only 3 winstons. sorry, winston. you never get a fair shake. even if they'd have made the sub figure last year marshmallow winston instead of ray, it woulda evened it out a bit. wasnt winston the only one who actually had a line while covered in marshmallow? "I LOVE THIS TOWN!"