Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: AFi First Look - JLU 7-pack
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:27 pm 
Fugitive Dust

My new obsession: waiting for actual news based on the promise of news to come! I do hope we are getting the previously announced packs and am wondering which three might be next years convention packs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:16 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It appears that's the new obsession with all of us.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:23 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Ouch. Two of my personal most wanted were on the drawing board? Two of the ones I added early on to my End of the Line blog? :( And Luthoriac has been on Chip's Finishing the Show list for years. That's just painful is what that is.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:25 am 
Aspires to be #1

ed case wrote:
vancleef9000 wrote:
He also said there was more stuff still on the drawing board when the plug got pulled, but the only two he mentioned by name were Luthor/Brainiac and The General.

Oh man, you just opened a big ugly can o' big ugly worms right there. :lol: I'm honestly kind of surprised he was so forthcoming.

Why? He's always been that way. That's why most of the people around here complain, because he's told us the truth.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:40 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Unless the JLU news is not some sort of attempt at lumping Young Justice toys in with JLU, then I am inclined to believe that something JLU will be produced and released post-Seven Pack.

Something more is coming for JLU. What and when and how? Who knows? But if Arby's can STILL have new Justice League Unlimited kids' meal toys in November 2011, then anything is possible. Especially when combined with the FanGirl 2.0 tidbit.

...and the absolute JLU haters can bite it absolutely :lol:

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:41 am 
PVC

Maybe it has to do with DC nation? Is that still going on?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:46 am 
Collector Inspector

Aw, MAN! I REALLY want a General action figure! Curses.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:00 am 

Hehe just because I'm cruel like this...

The General by Cadmus Customs / Warsman

Luthoriac by Casimir

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Last edited by texgnome1 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:03 am 
Brand Manager

texgnome1 wrote:
Ouch. Two of my personal most wanted were on the drawing board? Two of the ones I added early on to my End of the Line blog? :( And Luthoriac has been on Chip's Finishing the Show list for years. That's just painful is what that is.

Luthoriac has always bothered me considering how easy it is for Mattel to get their signals crossed. When mentioned, I can't help wonder if little Jimmy is thinking of the Tentacle Luthoriac Version (by Quatermain)... and Mattel is thinking "Hey, we can now paint those Disco Brainiacs... Solid Gold!!!"

It's that whole Crack vs. No Crack -Toyman / Orange Shirt Aquaman / Show Accurate Fate - Booster Gold - Red Tornado thing. But without the luxury of time or money to correct mistakes.

However, as a Hulk collector, The General has always been one of my favorites. But it also didn't make much sense to get him before we got STRIPE and/or the rest of the Seven Soldiers of Fortune (i.e. the 7-pack).

Anyways...

Considering how accurate that Target list from two years ago turned out to be, I guess we can also add Signalman & Cyborg Superman w/ Yellow Lantern to the list of planned "future" figures. (Just my 2¢)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:16 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Just for the record, and not because I think we have even a remote chance of actually getting the figure ...

I WOULD NOT want the tentacled version of Luthoriac. Sorry, but that design was awful.

I WOULD like the Gold Plated-Luthor faced version though.

And the General doesn't interest me nearly as much as his predecessor Shaggy Man does...

I'm just sayin' ...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:24 am 
Brand Manager

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Just for the record, and not because I think we have even a remote chance of actually getting the figure ...

I WOULD NOT want the tentacled version of Luthoriac. Sorry, but that design was awful.

We asked a hundred AFiers what their favorite Luthoriac was...
Top answer on the board...
And the survey said...
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
And the General doesn't interest me nearly as much as his predecessor Shaggy Man does...

I'm just sayin' ...

I now feel old because I know who the Shaggy Man was. Curse you!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:33 am 
Collector Inspector

bnjmnrlyr wrote:

A TWO PACK! Shaggy Man and The General!

As someone woh wants more Silver Age JLA villains as figures (Felix Faust, Kanjar Ro, Brainstorm, etc.) I'm right there with ya on wanting the Shaggy Man.

And texgnome1, I've already copied out the recipe for that General custom. It's on my To Do list.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:29 am 

I'd love both versions of Brainithor / Luthoriac to be honest. I just posted the gold version because that was what was on the "drawing board". But I wanted them BOTH enough to put them in my long term plan lol.

And trust me Tuning4k, that one has been on my to-do list for a LONG time. Heck, I tried like CRAZY to win it when it came up on ebay and lost out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:31 am 
Wonderdog

j1h15233 wrote:
Why? He's always been that way. That's why most of the people around here complain, because he's told us the truth.

Because I can't remember any time he commented on what was in the works without making a more 'official' announcement of it. And honestly, if I was him, I wouldn't even want to tell people about the things that were planned but now won't be coming. Not much good can really come out of it.
Also, I think you're off-base with the "that's the reason why people complain" bit. People around here complain for all sorts of reasons, and he hasn't always told the truth.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:53 am 

Ed, normally I'd agree with you. While I haven't been ToyGuru's biggest fan because of some of his wording choices, I do give the guy credit for what he accomplished with the line. But this is the first I've heard of The General and Luthoriac actually having been on the drawing board. I don't even remember them being mentioned on the video AFI posted. Several others were, but not them. *sniff*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next