Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fisher-Price DC Superfriends HeroWorld
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:58 pm 
ABS

I was really disappointed from Toy Fair this year, as a Green Lantern fan

nothing new about Action League
nothing new about Hero World
Nothing new about Imaginext

shame shame shame

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:43 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Just found this link on the newly redesigned fisher price site.

I know someone who will be VERY HAPPY to see this get released... :wink:

http://www.fisher-price.com/en_us/brand ... ucts/67216

Unfortunately the link isn't live.
And still no sign of the Hawkman, Sinestro, Atrocitus, or GL Hal v.2 on the site :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:29 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Cool. I hope that means they are finally gonna get to him in Imaginext too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:19 am 
Knows his stuff

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Just found this link on the newly redesigned fisher price site.

I know someone who will be VERY HAPPY to see this get released... :wink:

http://www.fisher-price.com/en_us/brand ... ucts/67216

Unfortunately the link isn't live.
And still no sign of the Hawkman, Sinestro, Atrocitus, or GL Hal v.2 on the site :(

Awesome! Nice find.

I luv the little hook add-on for his arm, to make him similar to his hooked look in the comics.

Kids will dig recreating that scene where his arm gets eaten off... or, they can just swallow it themselves to create some more realistic drama. :shock:

Can't wait to pick him up.

Thx for sharing.

geoffdude

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:08 am 
5th Horseman

Yes yes yes a million times yes!!!!! Here's hoping I get a black manta for him to fight with in the pool! Er, I mean, to display on the shelf like a mature collector!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:08 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Cool . . . but I still want my Imaginext Atlantis set! :mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:16 am 
Loose, Missing Package

from the Mattel Q&A thread...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24208

toymandonnie wrote:
AFI Q2 specifically asked about the Hero World Hawkman. They answered they had no plans to release it, but I purchased this figure from Walmart 2 weeks ago, so obviously its been produced.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:04 am 
Knows his stuff

Chrimney Mattel...

Really?

Whomever is answering the Q and A's should be ashamed of their job performance.

What an embarassment. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

geoffdude wrote:
Chrimney Mattel...

Really?

Whomever is answering the Q and A's should be ashamed of their job performance.

What an embarassment. :roll:

Heh, heh, heh... :lol:

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:04 pm 
Knows his stuff

Greetings,

I'm new to collecting the Hero World figs (just started this week) and have a couple of questions:

1)What's the deal with Atrocitus and Sinestro? I see they were released, but I can't find them anywhere at retail or on the internet (Ebay, amazon, etc). Did they have limited runs? Will they show back up again?

2)I just read that Hawkman was found locally at a Walmart. Is this a figure that really hadn't surfaced until recently (meaning I can continue to look for him in retail stores)?

If anyone has extras of these 3 that they are looking to sell or can point me to a good place to order from, please let me know.

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. Sorry I'm a total nOOb when it comes to this line. I started collecting DC Imaginext this year and have completed that collection (so far anyway) and thought I'd pick up the Hero World line.

Rick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:48 am 

Atrocitus, Sinestro, and a 2nd Hal with different accessories were all released very limited-ly just prior to the start of the GL animated series. Rumor has it that "moms" got upset that they included a figure of a Lava/Blood spewing villain in the line and the wave seems to have been scrapped.

Some people were lucky enough to get one off of TRU.com before they got pulled. They were never available directly from FisherPrice.com.

Getting one now is pretty difficult to do. They pop up on ebay about once a quarter and generally go for over $50 a piece. (I just lost out on an Atrocitus figure that closed at $47.50 +shipping)

Hawkman, on the other hand, is a bit of a mystery. We were shown this figure at last year's SDCC ('11) and have been told several times since then that it wasn't going to be made and that Mattel had no intention of its release. The very next day (or pretty close to it) someone found one at Walmart. Now everyone (including me) is on the hunt for him.

There have been 2 (that I know of) on ebay so far, one is packaged and sold in the $50 range, the other is loose from China and the pic shows some pretty significant paint rubs and damage yet still has a BIN price of $15 + shipping. I'm tempted to buy it, but I'll most likely hold out a bit longer.

Hawkman, also, isn't listed on the Fisher Price site, for sale or as even part of the line, although a new Aquaman piece is which will hopefully be hitting stores soon.

I hope that clarifies things a bit more for you. I also hope its not too discouraging.

Welcome to the club.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:50 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Getting one now is pretty difficult to do. They pop up on ebay about once a quarter and generally go for over $50 a piece. (I just lost out on an Atrocitus figure that closed at $47.50 +shipping)

I was in that auction for a day-- but all I want is the Dex-tar and that's just too much to drop on him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:59 pm 
Knows his stuff

Thanks for the info guys... very much appreciated! Ya know, I was watching the Atrocitus and Hawkman figures this week on Ebay. I bid on Atrocitus, but was later outbid. The hawkman fig was a 'buy it now'. I had been watching it for a couple of days, but finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase it...... only to find it was gone!! :evil: Man I was disappointed on that one. I'm sure patience will pay off in the long run though. -Rick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:14 am 

Just a FYI for those of you on the lookout to beef up the collections...

Fisherprice.com's shop has MANY items on sale currently including Imaginext and Hero World.

Mostly its older stuff, but hey, might be a good time to get a few quick gifts in hand while the prices are low.

Apparently the current Hero World figures are being clearanced out (Target has them "Red Tagged" now as well) to make room for Gen 2.0 "Voice COMM" editions of the figures.

According to the body copy, Voice COMM figures will have voice chips that speak and respond to other Voice COMM figures and Vehicles. Some are already available on the shop for $15 each. Look to be the same scale and style, which is good, and should mix into the current gen fairly well.

Still no "official" sightings of Atrocitus, GL Sinestro, GL Hal 2.0, or Hawkman ... :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:00 pm 
Knows his stuff

So.. I decided to contact Fisher Price directly to find out some info on the Hawkman, Sinestro, and Atrocitus figures. She started out by looking up Atrocitus and told me that he showed as 'discontinued'. She then looked for Sinestro and couldn't find anything on him, nor could she find Hawkman. She asked if she could put me on hold and after a few minutes she came back and confirmed the following:

1)Atrocitus IS still in production and not exclusive to any retailer
2)Sinestro IS still in production, however he is a Toys R Us exclusive
3)Hawkman IS still in production and not exclusive to any retailer

I'm not sure how accurate this news is, but maybe there is some hope of finding all of these on the retail shelf somewhere soon.

**I also mentioned to her that I had heard the Atrocitus figure may have been pulled because he's too 'scary' and upset parents. She said there is no truth to that whatsoever.

If I manage to find multiples of any of these figures, I'll gladly pick them up and offer them here for the retail price to help out a fellow collector. --Rick

PS.. Thanks to bnjmnrlyr for the heads up on the fp.com sale! just spent $50 on some Hero World items. I had thought about stopping this line before getting too far into it but I guess I'm 'past the point of no return' now!! Ha ha!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next