Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: JLU Firefly sells for $1,025.00 on eBay
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:25 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

BFantana wrote:
...one of the THE Holy Grails is "rocket firing" Boba Fett, he was never produced. There were 4 "prototypes" made by Kenner (2 J's and 2 L's), all 4 of them left Kenners facility in Ohio with employees. They werent stolen, they were given to employees. 1 of them ended up at a comic store (along with other never-released items) just a few miles away from Kenners facility because said employees would trade this "junk" for comics and whatnot. That Boba Fett will fetch, if sold, probably close to $15k and somehow I dont think whomever buys it will worry that its "stolen" property. But thats just my opinion, just like its yours to call them stolen.

There are quite a bit more than 4 rocket-firing Fetts out there...more than 60. The one you're referring to that Jordan sold went for $17,000.

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:35 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Rocket Firing Boba Fett is, as the say, apples & oranges. I can attest that all of this unpainted and test shot product being "leaked" of the factory is occurring without the permission of their respective owners, in this case, Mattel. Yes, it is stolen as far as Mattel is concerned, and that's all that matters here, really.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:54 am 
Cold-cast

I can understand why Mattel gets their feathers ruffled when these prototypes of unreleased figures get leaked. They don't profit from it and when the figures don't actually get released, the fans go nuts and begin an endless parade of ranting on the message boards.

I don't feel bad at all for collectors who buy prototypes at crazy prices and then get all bummed out when the figures do get released. For some people, a JLU Firefly is worth $1,000. More power to you. But you bet against Mattel doing the right by the fans and you lost. I'm sure you will get over it and be happy for the rest of us.

With Mattel's JLU announcement at NYTF, people are definitely going to think long and hard before buying insanely priced prototypes off of Ebay. This is a win for Mattel and a loss for the Chinese bootleggers. Firefly, Vandal Savage, Micron, etc. are back to $10 a piece.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:05 pm 
my tummy itches

only volcana and aquaman will profit from this. Since there was only one released volcana hold onto her. You may never find a decent priced one again. cheers- kalibak :mrgreen:

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:17 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Yeah, like Chip said, there were quite a few rocket firing Boba Fetts made (compared to some other ultra rare figures/toys). According tot this article, there's 36 L slot and 14 painted L slots known to exist in the collecting world:

http://www.rocketfettscollection.com/bobajslt.htm

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11