Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU Firefly sells for $1,025.00 on eBay
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:00 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

stewbacca wrote:

Not that its right- or helps you know-- you can set up yor paypal account to not accept credit cards-- at least it elminates a fourth party from getting involved-- and paypal then controls everything involved.. And none of that doing something after the paypal/ebay 45 day deadline..

What's funny is every buyer that complains- always says ebay always picks the side of the seller- and every seller says that ebay/paypal always takes the side of the buyer.

Ive won and lost claims in both positions (although when I usually lose as a seller- I at least end up keeping the money and just my feedback takes a hit,)

I didn't know you could setup to not accept credit cards. I would for sure do that if I was selling a big item, but then you'd prolly deal with those people who do not look at your description about not accepting credit cards for paypal and they win it anyway and then are pissed because you do not accept credit cards.

The only people I really get annoyed with at these days are the International buyers. Even after I say NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDING unless you contact me for shipping rates first and have 100% positive feedback they still flippin do it and then get mad when I tell them how high the shipping is. Hello moron, you live in frickin France and it has to go overseas. I'm sorry I can't send the item to you for 5 dollars in shipping.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:38 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

ian5555 wrote:

The only people I really get annoyed with at these days are the International buyers. Even after I say NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDING unless you contact me for shipping rates first and have 100% positive feedback they still flippin do it and then get mad when I tell them how high the shipping is. Hello moron, you live in frickin France and it has to go overseas. I'm sorry I can't send the item to you for 5 dollars in shipping.

I wonder if this sometimes happens due simply to misinterpretation of the English language. You know, something lost in the translation. Literally.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:41 am 
Aspires to be #1

whakojacko1976 wrote:
ian5555 wrote:

I wonder if this sometimes happens due simply to misinterpretation of the English language. You know, something lost in the translation. Literally.

I doubt it. Most people in the world want to learn English. It's just the people here in America who think we should adapt to them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:03 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

ian5555 wrote:

As an International buyer, the feeling is mutual. Getting charged $30 for shipping and handling, then having parcels arrive wrapped in duct tape with a postal stamp marked $3.25 makes you question, and question often, how much your American shipping costs actually are. It's not moronic to not want to be ripped off.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:36 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

j1h15233 wrote:
I doubt it. Most people in the world want to learn English. It's just the people here in America who dont think its important to learn English or any other language.

fixed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:38 am 
Collector Inspector

shishalzafrazz wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
I doubt it. Most people in the world want to learn English. It's just the people here in America who dont think its important to learn English or any other language.

fixed.

fo' shizzle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:39 am 
Aspires to be #1

shishalzafrazz wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

fixed.

We're both right

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:43 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Luthor wrote:
As an International buyer, the feeling is mutual. Getting charged $30 for shipping and handling, then having parcels arrive wrapped in duct tape with a postal stamp marked $3.25 makes you question, and question often, how much your American shipping costs actually are. It's not moronic to not want to be ripped off.

Dont worry-- those same shipping scalpers do it domestically as well..-- Alot of times its because the sellers dont do their due diligence when it comes to shipping-- way to much estimating at package weight, not understanding dimensional weight, charging insane "handling" charges and understanding the difference between first class, priority and parcel-- Such as you can ship internationally first class for anything under 4 lbs- though Im sure they quote the priority price-- part of the fault lies with the USPS-- since recently they revamped the site- and it always spits out priority postage costs- you have to do a couple more steps to find out the other prices...

I won several auctions for individual battle beasts- -the person charged me 10.00 shipping for something that went in state first class under 12 oz.. (actual shipping cost was 3.24)-- and additional handling should not be a 1.00 a piece to shove something in a ziplock back with 8 other items and stick in a bubble envelope...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:00 am 
Aspires to be #1

Just a quick note about shipping...when I sell things on eBay, the shipping costs for me usually includes the packaging costs as well as shipping costs unless I already have a box or envelope. If I'm selling something and I have to ship it for 5 and buy an envelope for 3 then you're paying at least 8 shipping.

When I trade with other members here I usually just eat that extra cost to help someone out but strangers on eBay can pay what I paid.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:17 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I'll charge for packing materials as well and if I can a buck or 2 to cover the ebay, paypal, shipping fees and my time driving to the PO. I think it is BS to expect the seller to eat all the fees that Ebay charges and it pisses me off when people whine about a few extra dollars. You can basically as a seller expect to lose about 12% or more when selling an item and then you usually will get less if you charge higher shipping to cover the costs. Collector's are usually the cheapest people to deal with too from my experience.

Now there are some sellers that will seriously gauge people but I am about I----I close to not shipping anything other then lose action figures internationally, even to Canada. I have had people broogle and whine cuz it was like $30 to send a JLU 6 pack to Brazil LOL

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:13 am 
declined to be a vampire

Luthor wrote:
ian5555 wrote:

Are you unable to google any kind of link to give you a relative shipping cost? And I'm not trying to be a smartass...but if you look and it's only 12 dollars to ship and they charge you 30...maybe find another seller?

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:15 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
Just a quick note about shipping...when I sell things on eBay, the shipping costs for me usually includes the packaging costs as well as shipping costs unless I already have a box or envelope. If I'm selling something and I have to ship it for 5 and buy an envelope for 3 then you're paying at least 8 shipping.

When I trade with other members here I usually just eat that extra cost to help someone out but strangers on eBay can pay what I paid.

This.

I think a lot of people think "man, that's only 5 bucks to ship"...but ignore the fact that the person has to go buy/find a box, gas costs, time costs...etc.

I don't mean to be a dick...but it is an absolute pain in the ass for me to get to the post office because of my hours and my job duties. So when I sell something online, that cost is going to be reflected.

I do try to make it easier on peeps here though, because they help me out too.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:07 pm 
Daniel Pickett

You don't have to do any of that anymore. Ebay has made it so easy now. You can print the shipping label from home AND schedule the post office to come to your house and pick it up!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:20 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I don't want to switch topic or anything but it has been said (from Matty Fan Forums) that someone at PowerCon asked about JLU's future and they reported that Scott (ToyGuru) said that if they were to manufacture the JLU in line with the quantities being purchased, the price on each product offered would have to triple. So that's about $60 for a three pack. So I guess those that want the remaining figures (like me) either have to pray for a miracle or save up BIG to pay for the unreleased figures on eBay in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:59 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

If Mattel has to charge $60 for 3-packs, I doubt that they'd even bother producing any more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next