Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: The TRU Arkham City 70s Batman figure... Details?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:08 am 
Damage Control

So we've been told that by pre-ordering Arkham City at TRU, the buyer will get the 1970s deco Arkham Asylum Batman figure. That leaves a lot of questions.

1. Is the figure free, or an additional charge?
2. Is it truly available only via pre-order, or can anyone buy it the day of release?
3. Can one pre-order the deluxe version of the game, and still get the figure?

I asked these questions at the video game counter of my local TRU, and the answer I got amounted to "Batman who?"

C.

Post subject: Re: The TRU Arkham City 70s Batman figure... Details?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:13 am 
Aspires to be #1

The figure is supposed to be available only to those who pre-order a copy of the game at TRU. Various reports are stating that TRU doesn't have any idea they were even getting a figure and it's not being listed on any receipts or anything. It sounds like things are getting messed up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:21 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

This is the one posted at TRU's website but it's for the COLLECTOR'S EDITION bundle... It does come with a "figure". They might be mistaken for this bundle with the BATS figure as a pre-order bonus???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:34 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

No, that is the Collector's edition that comes with the figure statue as seen in the picture. That bundle can be pre-ordered from any game vendor and you will get everything pictured above.

However, as Matty stated back at SDCC (?), if you pre-order the game from TRU, you will get an exclusive DCUC/Arkham City figure of Batman in the '70's deco.

TRU currently has no idea what anyone is talking about when pre-orders are placed or anyone within the store is questioned.

Hopefully, in the next round of QnAs to come out (Oct. 1 or 15th at the latest) this will be addressed and we will know for sure what the plans and execution of this figure will be.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:08 am 
5" Scale

I would love to see a Neal Adams or Dick Giordano or Jim Aparo. Those guys to me, defined the look of Batman during that times and through the 80's. Makes me almost want to preorder it just for the figure and return the game. I've already got it on preorder through Best Buy for the exclusive Robin skin. Have to wonder if the Jokers Carnival Map that Gamestop will eventually be available through Microsoft Live or the PS3 system?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:12 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I would imagine that given enough time and a few good google searches, you will be able to get all the skins and a code or whatnot to unlock the extra maps whether through Xbox Live/PS3 network or some "backdoor" method.

If it turns out that the figure isn't going to be available at TRU I can easily hold off on getting the game until after christmas when a "used" copy will be a bit cheaper to come by.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:44 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

OK, first I'm pretty out of the loop on this game right now. I plan on checking it out soon and possibly pre-ordering it shortly. So bare with me here.

Are we 100% sure they we are actually talking about an action figure here and not just some sort of a "skin" for use within the game? Like last year when I picked up the new WWE game depending on where you pre-ordered it from, the case would have a certain one time use code number inside that you could use on the PS3 Network to unlock a special version of a certain wrestler. It allowed you to download a special version of a wrestlers attire. Best Buy had a certain code for one guy, TRU had certain code for one guy, EB games had another. So maybe this is just a costume Batman can wear in the game :?:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:26 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Having some problems with the site, so just posting the link. This is what we're talking about:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery2/album/SDCC-2011-MattelDC-Panel/1311448357-35.php

Last edited by pranches on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:34 pm 
We're going streaking!

The figure is the only reason I am considering buying the game. I hope this is cleared up by release. If not, I plan to see if I can scoop one w/game day of release.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:42 pm 
ABS

I'm getting the game, but I'm undecided about my preorder until this clears up. I wouldn't mind having the Robin bonus levels/challenges (exclusive to Best Buy) since I like his in game design, but I'd rather get a free figure.

Now if the figure only comes with purchase of the game, I'll go with TRU. If I can still buy it separately, I'll go with BB.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 pm 
Resin

I think Pranches has it correct...I know when Attack of the Show on G4TV did the preview they highlighted that its simply a "skin" a different version of a playable Batman in the game itself.

But if it is in fact a figure I may have to order via TRU

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:16 pm 
Damage Control

BFantana wrote:
I think Pranches has it correct...I know when Attack of the Show on G4TV did the preview they highlighted that its simply a "skin" a different version of a playable Batman in the game itself.

But if it is in fact a figure I may have to order via TRU

It's a Mattel action figure. Plenty of photos of it from SDCC, including the linked above.

So, to answer my question, we don't know any details yet. *sigh* Oh well. Thanks, y'all.

C.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:20 pm 
Brand Manager

It is my belief that the TRU version of the game "Arkham City" will come packaged (with the figure) using a Batman Legacy type Card/Box.
I don't know if you have to request it as "Arkham City: Legacy Edition"; but I believe that you won't have to
pre-order the game in order to get the figure. However, it will help in case quantities are limited.
Here's a look... http://thebatmanuniverse.net/videogame/ ... exclusive/

Anyways... I take it that there aren't that many fans interested in the Trippin' Animated Batman skin from GameStop.

Oh, well... To be honest, I like the Dark Knight version myself.
"Now you get it. This is an Operating Table. And I'm the Surgeon!"
Previous image was fan made.

Last edited by red Ricky on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:02 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I have a feeling this is gonna end up a fustercluck. The game comes out in three friggin' weeks and we still don't have a definitive answer? I guess it's off to Best Buy for Robin. :?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:14 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Well, a pre-order is only $5.00 to a store. I already pre-ordered at Best Buy. So, a $5.00 investment to TRU would not be much of a pain in the wallet. If I don't use either one on the pre-orders, it can always be turned to a store credit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next